NCL Star

budfred

Need help on the NCL web site it shows that the Star will do a Pacfic coast cruise from Van. to LA and then start the 7 day Mexico cruises. I called NCL today to book this and they cannot find it. If you look there is a week between the last cruse in Alaska and the first Mex. cruise any ideas

Need help on the NCL web site it shows that the Star will do a Pacfic coast cruise from Van. to LA and then start the 7 day Mexico cruises. I called NCL today to book this and they cannot find it. If you look there is a week between the last cruse in Alaska and the first Mex. cruise any ideas

Several possibilities for a week gap in a ship's schedule.

a) The ship has been chartered for the week.

b) The ship will go to a shipyard for maintenance that week.

c) The ship will sail a few one night to nowhere cruises that week.

d) The ship is sailing to somewhere else that week.

e) The schedule is in error.

Budfred, I just found it on NCL's old booking engine (https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/). If you want to try that, put in the start date of 9/1/07, select "9 days or more" for the length and select the Star; don't put in any more information than that. It's the only cruise that pops up. It's leaving Vancouver on September 23, and NCL calls it a a 14-day "repositioning" cruise.

We are booked on the 6 night Repo cruise from Vancouver to LA. If you go to the NCL.com website and then pick Pacific Coastal and from 2007 Sept to 2007 Sept., it comes up on the website as choice. If you want to take it all the way to Mexico, then it is the 14 day. If you join us, go to the Message Boards and join our Meet and Greet! Hope to see you there!

Budfred, we are also on that repo cruise and also the Mexican Riviera cruise.

It is a bit strange how they have it listed, but as mimimoo suggested look for the Pacific Coastal and you should be able to find it.

The 14 day repo consists of a 6 day Pacific Coast and 8 day Mexican Riv. If you are looking at the last part it will be an 8 day, not a 7 day cruise. We are going on the 8 day portion with a group. I don't know if looking for 8 instead of 7 or 6 if the Pacific Coast portion you want will help you.

Good luck

Archived