Dining Room Question

The dining room is open for breakfast every day, but not everyday for lunch. For example, normally on port days, the dining room isn't open. The exception that I have seen is in Coco Cay. That day the Windjammer is closed and the dining room is open. I don't know what it's like when in Labadee.

Enjoy your cruise.

I loved the dining room for lunch, rarely made it to the breakfast there. The buffet is just not my thing on most of the RCCL ships the past few years. Too many rude people and crowded, of course. The lunch in the dining room is excellent. They have wonderful soups and salads, as well as entrees like salmon, sandwhiches, lunch steaks, etc. I remember one cruise when we had lobster bisque, chilled melon soups, and salmon/chicken caeser salads every day for lunch. Yum!

Do try and have breakfast in the dining room--it's so much nicer than buffet breakfast food! You are served on tableclothes and the food is made fresh for you. No juggling your plate, utensils and drinks while looking for a clean table in the Windjammer! We prefer it to both room service (which is difficult, unless you have a real dining table) and Windjammer!

What is the dress code in the dining room for breakfast and lunch? I definitely want to try breakfast in there my next cruise.

Always casual. I have even seen people in shorts and they don't seem to mind.

What is the dress code in the dining room for breakfast and lunch? I definitely want to try breakfast in there my next cruise.

Just figure on whatever you are going to wear that day for whatever you are going to do (Bathing Suits of course excepted:).

After the first time my wife found out she could get breakfast in the Dinning room, the Windjammer sort of disappeared from our cruise.;) Nice to have a table for two that early.

Cheers

Not only is the dining room open for breakfast, but I think it's the most relaxing and wonderful way to start the day. Room service is nice, but there's something about a nice window seat (easier to get in the AM), while you'er sailing, or pulling into port that makes it special.

Do try and have breakfast in the dining room--it's so much nicer than buffet breakfast food! You are served on tableclothes and the food is made fresh for you. No juggling your plate, utensils and drinks while looking for a clean table in the Windjammer! We prefer it to both room service (which is difficult, unless you have a real dining table) and Windjammer!

Only place to get Eggs bennedict and they serve the tea in teapots!

Just sailed the LOS last month & we ate there almost every day for breakfast and lunch. Yes, you can wear shorts for breakfast and lunch. In fact I think everyone I saw did. The first day at sea we ate at the windjammer for both breakfast and lunch..it was crazy. Rude people cutting in line but the major issue was no place to sit. Then we decided to try the dining room & boy was it GREAT. The food taste WAY better than the buffet. It doesn't take long to get your food either. You are put at a table with others until the table fills up but we enjoyed meeting new people every day. It great. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived