Future Cruise Credit question

magnumcoog

I am out of future cruise credits. We have friends that are sailing on Princess in a few months and most likely when we go on our next cruise it will be with these friends. Does Princess still do the referral where our friends who will have future cruise credit can refer us and we could get the reduced deposit and on board credit? I have cruised on Princess 3 times.

Thanks

Only if your friends have the "Special Invitation for Friends" coupon that they receive when they purchased their FCC's. Also, the new referral only gives you onboard credit not the reduced deposit.

I'm new to this so pardon my ignorance...So is this credit only good for the one person that purchases a future cruise credit? If I purchase 2 they are both for only myself? I ask because I have a 7 year old son and I wanted to purchase this for him to travel with me also, but it sounds as though this may not be possible...Thanks!

You can use one future cruise credit for your stateroom. My dh and I each had one and we only used his because I'm more likely to travel with a girlfriend and let him scuba dive instead. Also you can purchase more than one fcc per person at a time.

Our TA had some extra refer a friend letters which gave our traveling buddies the OBC, when we did our fcc they omitted the referral letter and we didn't know about them so didn't realize we were missing anything. Thank goodness for great ta's!

I'm new to this so pardon my ignorance...So is this credit only good for the one person that purchases a future cruise credit? If I purchase 2 they are both for only myself? I ask because I have a 7 year old son and I wanted to purchase this for him to travel with me also, but it sounds as though this may not be possible...Thanks!

As far as I know, you can only purchase an FCC in the person's name IF they are sailing on the ship with you at the same time you puchase it.

Toto is correct. The FCCs are nontransferable.

However, you should call Princess. I have seen posts by people who claim to have booked a cruise using their FCC with the other occupant of the stateroom paying only a $100 deposit. Of course, in that case there is only one OBC credited to the account.

I believe that you can use one Future Cruise Credit of $100.00 US to secure a Cabin for two people where each will receive the On Board Credit applicable to the type of cabin and length of Cruise you are taking.....then you can use your Credit Card to pay a similar deposit of $100.00 US for the second person.

Without the FCC you would have to pay a deposit of approx. 25 percent on the Total Cruise Package for the two of you and you wouldn't receive any On Board Credit.

In the past we (my wife and I) always used two FCC's to book a trip but found out from CC members that only one was required and a Credit Card could be used for the second person and the OBC was applicable to both of us.

With having two or three FCC's in your account you are able to book several future cruises with using only 1 FCC for each (which covers the first two people in the cabin) and keeping your deposit outlay to a bare minimum.

We recently booked a back to back to South America but we only had one FCC left in our account....the Cruises were 14 and 18 days ...so we paid a regular 25 percent deposit on the first cruise and took advantage of the FCC and OBC ( $150.00 US PP for a balcony over 15 days) on the second Cruise

I used my credit card for the first Cruise deposit (25%) and also again for the second person on our second cruise ($100.00) ....I wished I had one additional FCC as I would have only been required to pay 100.00 rather then 25% and we each would have received an additional OBC of $100.00 for the 14 day Cruise.

Just remember...when using a shared certificate from a friend...mention this at the beginning of a booking and not at the end....if a Booking Number is given before mentioning the shared certificate....it will not be honoured and will no longer be available for your booking...Even if you try to cancel and then rebook.

Hope this helps

Ken

Our last FCC purchased did not have the line at the bottom that stated it was good for the first two passengers booked in the cabin. So, I am wondering if this is going to continue using one FCC for two passengers or if they are getting ready to require 2 FCC's, one for each of the first two passengers in the cabin???????????

Our last FCC purchased did not have the line at the bottom that stated it was good for the first two passengers booked in the cabin. So, I am wondering if this is going to continue using one FCC for two passengers or if they are getting ready to require 2 FCC's, one for each of the first two passengers in the cabin???????????

I don't know if Princess is getting ready to require 2 FCC's for a cabin, but just this past week I booked our Hawaii R/T with only one, with OBC applied to both my husband and myself. Prior to this I had used always used two, but learned on this board that it wasn't necessary. Even my TA didn't know about this, and was truly skeptical when I insisted she call Princess to find out about using just the one FCC. She is the one who always used two for our bookings in the past. Boy, was she surprised to find out I was right! :eek: She said you learn something new everyday!

Archived