Disappointed with the Victory

I returned unscathed. DD on the other hand got attacked twice on the side of her heel. I'm contacting the lawyers as I type. What's the bad fish's name on Little Mermaid? :confused:

Will be on the Victory Saturday, please give me your lawyers name:p

thanks cruisemom2, we have been on several cruises too.(only RCCL & hol) We enjoyed them all. I don't expect anything different. but some of these reviews had me a little worried than again all of them have some people you can't please. thanks again Joe

We just got off the Victory yesterday with my family of 15....my parents were apprehensive because of all the things they "heard" about Carnival.....(they have traveled for two decades on other ships).........they were thrilled from the moment they checked in until we left the ship........they enjoyed the friendliness of the crew (mom was saying this is certainly a fun ship)...the cleanliness, the good food (she loved the tilapia, she didn't like the salmon), the activities provided, the casualness of the dining room......they said they would definitely sail on Carnival again

Yes, you would! < $ 100 for the two of us and I was buying for my sister and BIL.:cool:

As I said earlier, I let my guard down, and got bit!:eek:

That's what I call a cheap date! (not that there's anything wrong with that--we fell into a fur and leather store in Halifax--didn't burn the C/C but did melt it a little!)

For the "fun ships", there was less to do than we are used to, but especially during the days at sea. With all the hype of "Dancing With The Stars", they had one cha-cha class and none of the other dances. Events were all scheduled at the same time, so there was lots and lots of down time. Very little dancing was scheduled other than disco, and dance floors were small and crowded.

A big disappointment was the in-room tv. Most ships at least play a couple of full-length movies a la HBO, but not Carnival. Movies were strictly pay-per-view, just like a hotel (complete with selections of "adult" for double the price). NPP.

On all our RCCL cruises there were line dancing classes every day, even on the 4 day cruises. On our Elation cruise there were NO line dancing classes. They had a salsa class and a couple of others, but no line dancing. If they want to cater to the West coast people, they should re-consider their plans. And many people in the dining room commented on this so it wasn't just our opinion.

We did get 3 movie choices each day on the TV, but they had the same choices every other day. So instead of 15 choices for the week, we had 6. Only 2 were movies we or our grown daughter had ever heard of.

On all our RCCL cruises there were line dancing classes every day, even on the 4 day cruises. On our Elation cruise there were NO line dancing classes. They had a salsa class and a couple of others, but no line dancing. If they want to cater to the West coast people, they should re-consider their plans. And many people in the dining room commented on this so it wasn't just our opinion.

We did get 3 movie choices each day on the TV, but they had the same choices every other day. So instead of 15 choices for the week, we had 6. Only 2 were movies we or our grown daughter had ever heard of.

To each his own! I'd rather have root canal without novacaine than line dance, but that's me. If you all love it, than enjoy it! My dad used to say to me "What's with this crazy rock'n'roll dancing? When you dance, you want to hold the girl in your arms! Not doing that is pretty darn stupid!"

Having learned some of the ballroom dances and now that Msescada and I do them EVERY chance we get, I now know (like everything else) the old coot was right! Dad knew what he was talking about!

....didn't burn the C/C but did melt it a little!)

I feel your pain! On the previous cruise in St. Maarten........... at a jeweler's, I had to call the bank to get a new card. Melted the numbers flat!

thanks cruisemom2, we have been on several cruises too.(only RCCL & hol) We enjoyed them all. I don't expect anything different. but some of these reviews had me a little worried than again all of them have some people you can't please. thanks again Joe

Nice anagram username.

We just got off the Victory yesterday with my family of 15....my parents were apprehensive because of all the things they "heard" about Carnival.....(they have traveled for two decades on other ships).........they were thrilled from the moment they checked in until we left the ship........they enjoyed the friendliness of the crew (mom was saying this is certainly a fun ship)...the cleanliness, the good food (she loved the tilapia, she didn't like the salmon), the activities provided, the casualness of the dining room......they said they would definitely sail on Carnival again

It's encouraging to see that some people's experience of the cruise that was thoroughly bashed on another topic was positive. I was getting a little aprehensive about my upcoming cruise.

I hope to see some of the posters there on 8/11.:)

... I was getting a little aprehensive about my upcoming cruise....

And that's the objective of that type of negative review.:mad: IMO there is mounting evidence of trolling. Look it up in urban dictionary, you think the name was a coincidence?

Long ago a 85 y.o. mentor told me a great piece of advice. "Don't let the b*stard's get you down!"

I feel your pain! On the previous cruise in St. Maarten........... at a jeweler's, I had to call the bank to get a new card. Melted the numbers flat!

Ooooo!! Done that too... and WORSE on Barbados. Go to Tanzanite/Diamonds Intl in Bridgetown and ask for "Harry". He'll cut you deals you won't believe and provide aloe for the burns from the melted plastic! And you won't find better tanzanite anywhere!

To each his own! I'd rather have root canal without novacaine than line dance, but that's me. If you all love it, than enjoy it! My dad used to say to me "What's with this crazy rock'n'roll dancing? When you dance, you want to hold the girl in your arms! Not doing that is pretty darn stupid!"

Having learned some of the ballroom dances and now that Msescada and I do them EVERY chance we get, I now know (like everything else) the old coot was right! Dad knew what he was talking about!

So much for agreeing with your posting. You're on your own NPP.

Archived