Seasoned Cruiser Review Liberty of Seas

A couple of other things I thought of.

I had a good friend whose foot became extremely swollen and she was unable to walk on it. She went to the medical center and they treated her like gold. So hats off to the medical staff on Liberty and I was actually quite amazed the price was not that bad. Yes she had insurance but you have to file a claim to get your money back.

The meet and mingle was one of the best for RCCL. They gave out a nice room invitation and also everyone got a RCCL gift plus they had a drawing. Finger food was served and an officer was on hand to speak. Sad thing was only about 10 people showed up. In the past I have not spoken highly about this event because it was nothing but a group gathering which could be done without anyones assistance. So the new format is good.

What needs fixed- The Boleros lounge, RCCL you blew it on this one. One of your best venues for a Caribbean cruise and you choked it off into a small corner with no dance space or chairs. People stood on the stairs to try and listen and passageways were blocked. The sooner you give it the same set up as Enchantment the better off things will be.

On this I have to absolutely agree!!!! If you notice, directly across from Bolero's is a kind of Boleros-Spill-Over area with sitting and a second dance floor. But although there is more room, it's still across from where Sol Y Arena play, and you feel kind of out of it because it's not actually IN Bolero's. It was weird getting off Liberty on a Wednesday, boarding Enchantment on that Thursday, and actually expecting Enchantment's Bolero's to be WAY smaller than Liberty. But to the contrary, it was so much larger! And a MUCH better setup. It's such a popular lounge that I too wish it was given more space on the Freedom class ships.

I so agree with Rolloman about the Boleros Lounge. The same design limitation is on Freedom of the Seas also. The lounge is actually split in two with one side on one side of the stairs and the bandstand, dance floor and bar on the other side of the stairs.

The other part of the lounge has a dance floor too, but it isn't wooden, it is a mosaic tile floor. What we discovered is that part farther away from the bandstand and dance floor is the non-smoking area. So I see what RCI was thinking,--split the non-smokers far from the smokers so they won't be bothered by the smoke. Trouble is, the smokers get the BEST of Boleros and the non-smokers, sitting at a great distance, feel as if they aren't a part of the fun. One reason is that people in the non-smoking area can't really see what is going on at the bar, dance area and bandstand.

The Boleros is so much better on Enchanment. It is all one room, large and spacious, with a large dance floor in the center and the bar on one end and the bandstand facing the bar on the other end.

OOPS, didn't see your post before I posted mine above! LOL I see you already covered this point. Oh well, moving on.... :D

Archived