Which PG Cruise to Take Next Summer?

Hello. I'm new to this board, but have read many comments in the past weeks. I'm looking at the 10-day Society Islands/Tuamotus or the 11-day that includes the Marquesas. Comments on which may be the best choice?

I worked on PG last year and I found the Marquises cruise to be boring. Obviously I was working but the difference from the 7 day cruise was nearly three days at sea and most of the time the weather in the Marquises was poor. Sometimes we couldn't even tender (and in my opinion there was not much to see once there.) If you like sea days then you'll be OK however, if you want port intensive the 7 day has that and almost no bad weather/rough seas to contend with.

I'm planning to do the 14-day Marquesas trip in 18 months. But I am a veteran of the 7-day Societies itinerary, I've done it 4 times. Obviously I hope that the trip won't be boring, but I think the 11-day itinerary is rather short to do all those sea-days. I look forward to those sea-days, but we will have 4 stops in the Marquesas, and lots of time in the Societies.

I agree that the 7-day itinerary is idea--very port-intensive, little sea-time. You can extend your trip by 3-4 days with a pre-cruise and/or post-cruise experience on one of the islands.

We booked the 10-day recently. We are really excited for a port-intensive cruise. We were considering the 11-day (the dates worked slightly better for us), but because we both enjoy beaches and watersports, the Marquesas didn't seem like a good choice for us. Also, when we were on the TP last year, we did not enjoy our sea days very much (rough seas, iffy weather).

We too were torn between the two choices but when I read about the rough sailing and lack of shade for sea days the choice became easy. The 10 day is port intensive and being at islands for more than one day still gives you the choice to not go to port. No matter what I am sure you will be happy.

Archived