balloon tour in Instanbul

Hi,

Will be in Instanbul for one day was thinking about taking the hot air balloon tour in Kadikoy, on the Asian side of Istanbul. Is anyone familiar with it or done it, it sounds like fun and is very reasonable. Would like to do it in the morning by taking the ferry to it, and then go to the Grand Bazaar and the other sites near the Bazaar. Would this be doable?

Thanks

Hi....

I haven't done the hot air balloon ride, but I have spent a lot of time in Istanbul.

I can tell you that to spend the morning doing a balloon ride and then try to see the bazaar "and other sites around it" in one day would be simply to run from place to place. There is SO MUCH to see in the old Sultanamet section of Istanbul. I would get a guidebook and acquaint yourself with what sites you want to see in the area....It's a beautiful, interesting place and you will find it quite unlike anyplace else you might go. It takes a full day just to see the basic sites; we spent seven days there and could have spent longer. Loved it!

Personally, I would save a hot air balloon trip for a place where there is less to see or you have more time.

Have fun whatever you decide to do.;)

murphysmum

How long are you in Istanbul for? Are you there for an overnight and if not what time does your ship leave.

Keep in mind that traffic in Istanbul (as is the case for most major cities) can be quite bad. I have been to Istanbul several times and with no traffic it is about a ten to fifteen minute drive from the cruise ship terminal over to where the Grand Bazaar but this will be quite longer a trip with a good deal of traffic which is usually the case.

If you are in Istanbul for an overnight it sounds doable. If you leave late afternoon I wouldn't count on doing all of this.

More specifics would help.

Keith

Hi,

Will be in Instanbul for one day was thinking about taking the hot air balloon tour in Kadikoy, on the Asian side of Istanbul. Is anyone familiar with it or done it, it sounds like fun and is very reasonable. Would like to do it in the morning by taking the ferry to it, and then go to the Grand Bazaar and the other sites near the Bazaar. Would this be doable?

Thanks

it is better to go to asian part very early to do that as it may take your time more than u think and after u come back to sultanahmet square u will wana see all of it there ... u should plan it very carefully

goodluck and happy luck tour

Archived