Royal caribbean Visa - OBC for Points??

Every 5000 points equals a 50 OBC certificate. You call the number for the redemption and tell them how many points you want to cash in. They send you the certificates in a couple weeks. On the back, you check off what reward you would like (OBC, logo wear, romance pkg etc) and fill in your name, sailing date and reservation #. Then you mail those (make copies before sending the originals, just in case) and the appropriate reward will be issued. We used 15000 points this past March for $150 OBC. We sent them in early and had our TA verify that they were received and credited to us. Very easy.

We are racking up the RCI VISA again, hoping to add to our OBC for the upcoming cruise next May. (Already got $200/cabin with NextCruise).

Happy Cruising!!!

Thanks very much for the reply! We have almost 10,000 points that we would like to cash in for an OBC on our January Mariner sailing. We'll probably wait for the final payment due date in October and pay the balance with the Visa for even more points, then quickly pay off the balance on the card. Is October through January enough turnaround time to receive the credit?

It usually takes 7-10 days to receive the certficate, and then another few weeks until you see it credited. I have heard of people faxing the certificate, if time is an issue and then mailing it in , after faxing it. Even if you fax it, you still have to mail in the original certificate. But you should have enough time from oct-jan.

This December will be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Would it be to my benefit to get a Royal Caribbean CC? Would I accrue extra points if I paid the remainder of the cruise with it? I do Hilton Hotel points but if I could

get OBC I would switch to RCI.

We've been Princess fans for a while so this is a new experience for us.

This December will be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. Would it be to my benefit to get a Royal Caribbean CC? Would I accrue extra points if I paid the remainder of the cruise with it? I do Hilton Hotel points but if I could

get OBC I would switch to RCI.

We've been Princess fans for a while so this is a new experience for us.

If you pay your cruise with your RC visa you get double points. You get double points also if you use the card as your seapass account while on board.

Ann

If you are planning on cruising with RCI and do not have a card, GET ONE! Use it, use it, and use it some more. Use it to pay for groceries, gas (there's a free cruise in the making right there), utility bills, everything. Make especially sure that you use it to pay for the cruise so you can get double points. Is a new car in your future? Buy the car with the credit card and use the car loan to pay off the credit card. The points can be used for so many things, it's silly NOT to have one if you plan on cruising with RCI.

Archived