Soda Card and Bringing Your Own Mug

oduphd

My husband and I drink a lot of diet coke. Will they allow you to use your own mug with the soda card? Our mug is not one of those huge mugs you see at discount stores. It is an insulated water type bottle that holds about 20 ounces or so. I have no problem if they give me multiple glasses in order to have me fill it if there are sanitation issues with filling it at the fountain. Has anyone done this?

My husband and I drink a lot of diet coke. Will they allow you to use your own mug with the soda card? Our mug is not one of those huge mugs you see at discount stores. It is an insulated water type bottle that holds about 20 ounces or so. I have no problem if they give me multiple glasses in order to have me fill it if there are sanitation issues with filling it at the fountain. Has anyone done this?

They usually do not fill any containers other than their own glasses or the souvenir coke cup that you can get for an additional $3.00 now.

If having it in your own mug is important to you, I would imagine you will need to get several glasses of diet coke to fill it, one at a time.

In the past when we purchased soda cards, we simply used their cups as opposed to carrying our own.

The soda card costs $60 per person, which I think it a lot of money. You and your husband can each carry on one twelve pack of diet soda. It would be much cheaper than paying for the soda card.

Karen

Do people actually pay $60 per person? I drink a lot of soda, but I stopped buying the card when it got to be more than $30 for the week. Even Disney resorts only charge $12 for the entire stay, regardless of how long.

It seems to me that the cruise lines are forcing guests to bring their own on. Wouldn't they sell more of the soda cards if they lowered the price?

If you have the coke container from previous cruises, could you buy the card and use the old container? What is the latest way to bring your own canned soda on board? Wrapped, in luggage or just tag it? How much is too much?

If you have the coke container from previous cruises, could you buy the card and use the old container? What is the latest way to bring your own canned soda on board? Wrapped, in luggage or just tag it? How much is too much?

Eileen ~ I'm sure you can bring the previous coke containers on-board. From what we saw, (though we do not purchase the soda card anymore) the containers are the same.

And, remember, you can always bring additional soda on-board at the ports.

True, Cosmo! We must have a dozen of those red coke containers here. Maybe I should put them up on eBay. What a hoot!!! If that happened, it could make the market on soda cards drop like a hot potato. Just kidding. Actually, I have always felt the convenience of being able to just flash the card anywhere on the ship, combined with amount of soda I consume, it has always been the better choice to get the sticker and will probably continue to do so.

True, Cosmo! We must have a dozen of those red coke containers here. Maybe I should put them up on eBay. What a hoot!!! If that happened, it could make the market on soda cards drop like a hot potato. Just kidding. Actually, I have always felt the convenience of being able to just flash the card anywhere on the ship, combined with amount of soda I consume, it has always been the better choice to get the sticker and will probably continue to do so.

So...your best bet...bring your containers and purchase the soda card:)

Hey, I'm hearing stories of great money making on e-bay. Sell those extra containers;)

My kids went to high school in Somerville! Love that town!

you really do not want to put can cokes in your check-in luggage..it possible they will be punctured..I always just stop on the way to port and put 12 pack in both mine and wifes carry-on and have never been questioned......Dennis

Ok, here's what I do... I have an insulated cooler that holds 24 cans. I bring that, and my personal cup. this way when we leave for like the beach or whatever I have a closed cup that sand and bugs can't get into. I also like it for the pool area as there isn't a chance of getting my drink mixed up with others.

I refuse to pay that much for soda. we tried to bring our own carnival cups and an old soda card.. didn't work:p

So did mine. Class of 1994. We live in a town outside of Someerville but our kids attended high school there. Love the area.

We are outside the area also.

Our daughter graduated Immaculata in '98 and our son in '04.

Trying to pull a cruise together for his graduation from college in '08.

I look for any excuse to cruise:)

We are in B'burg. our son graduated from Scranton. One of my good friends is the director of religious studies at Immaculata. Sounds like we are close by. Gotta go, thundering now.

Archived