Internet Cost?

Don't know about the wi-fi, but there were 3 different ways to do the computer payment. If you paid by the minute, it is 35 cents per minutes. You can buy 50 minutes (I think that is the amount) for 25 cents per minute or 100 minutes and the cost is lower. I started out at 35 cents per minute, but the connections are really slow at times, so I went ahead and bought the 50 minute plan. You also have to pay for all outgoing emails if you use their email provider which I had to do because couldn't get my regular one to connect. It is $3.95 per email. You can receive unlimited number for free. Since the only thing I was using the computer for was to email my son who is a Marine, it was worth it to me. I wouldn't have paid that much for anyone else.

I think the free part only starts when you get promoted to a higher level in the Seven Seas Society (or whatever it's called). We reached 20 days midway through our last cruise but were told that the benefit would not kick in till our next cruise.

I was just on the Voyager, able to use my laptop from my room and it was pretty quick for email, slower for downloads. I had free internet usage because of having traveled enough with Regent. If you plan to use it a lot, you should sign up for the largest plan which I think was 250 minutes @ $.19 or $.20 per minute. Just remember to always sign off, when you are done, as I understand the minutes still tick off if you haven't signed off. For me, since it was free, that did not matter so much, however, it would have been frustrating to be out of minutes and have to sign up again if I had forgotten to log out.

Yes you must make sure you log out. It's an issue with laptops because the system is designed to create a pop up window with a log out button inside however because everyone has pop up blockers people don't see it.

To get around this, either turn of your pop up blocker or you can simply type http://1.1.1.1 and press enter when you want to log out and it will end your session.

Archived