San Fransisco Hotel Near the Port?

I'm interested in this, too. The hotel Princess uses is $338.00 per night!

Is that a "typical" rate for San Francisco:eek: ?

How are the LaQuinta Inn's or Hampton Inn's in the area?

Thanks,

Use Priceline and bid in the Fishermans Wharf zone for a three star. I am staying at the Marriott in FW this weekend. My winning bid was for $100. Unfortunately parking is going to run me an additional $40 or so....but it is just for one night!!:)

We will be sailing out of SF next May and I have never been there.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel near the port. Anyone have luck with priceline with SF when cruising?

Cheers,

Many people use Priceline for pre-cruise hotels.

We won a bid on Priceline at the -->Hyatt Regency- Embarcadero awhile ago, but see it's still coming up on winning bids. We really liked this location. It's away from the crowds of Fisherman's Wharf and only a short cab ride to the pier (or you can walk down Embarcadero if you don't mind). The Ferry Building (public market) is practically across the street and has a very good wine shop where we stocked up on some bottles for the cruise.

If I were to stay in the Fisherman's Wharf area, I'd probably try the -->Tuscan Inn.

We stayed at the Radisson, Fisherman's Wharf. We did not go through Priceline, but I scoured the different hotel websites for several months and found "specials" that included parking. Parking in that area seemed to run from 30-40 a NIGHT, and that would negate any lower hotel price. We got the Radisson, including parking and breakfast, for $139 a night..........which I thuoght was a very good deal. We loved the hotel and the accessibility through a gate, by the pool, to Fisherman's Wharf. There is no restaurant in the hotel, but a Johnny Rockets connected, through the pool area, and an IHOP right next door. There are also many restaurants in the Fishrman's Wharf area, within close walking distance.

I have lived in San Francisco and the Hotel I would recommend is the Holiday Inn at fisherman's Wharf.

You don't need a car in San Francisco you can walk or use the public transit to get most places Use BART (subway) from SFO (airport) to get into the city about $5 pp. (the city is compact use a cabin town)

The Holiday Inn is in walking distance to Chinatown, North beach, The wharf and the pier is about a 1/2 mile but I would take a cab with luggage. You should be able get rates below $100 a night (lots of specials)

Kelly

We stayed at the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf (not Embarcadero) for one night pre- and post-cruise in May. One night's rate of $199 included breakfast and tickets to the aquarium at Pier 39. The second night was room only for $159, I think. We liked the hotel very much and would stay there again. They let us check in quite early on both days (we arrived post-cruise at about 10 a.m. and were able to get into a room).

Thank you all very much- your suggestions are helpful.

Neil- yes the betterbidding site is an excellent resourse. I am a big fan!

To the rest- thank you for the info. It is great to hear from cruisers what hotels work best for a day or two before. I'm glad we won't have a car- I can't believe the prices! I'm glad to see that there are options at the $100 rate, as we try not to go above this if we can.

Cheers,

Archived