Harley cruise

angie2003

I was just wondering if anyone has any information about Harley cruises. I found one website that has a few dates in 2004 that they claim to have a few spots left on the Explorer of the Seas with RCCL, however I was hoping to find a cruise in late 2005 or Jan 2006. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have a group of friends that is interested in going.

Thanks

Angela

Thank you for the info. It is greatly appreciated. My husband has a softail deuce - I bought it for him just this summer. He has always been around bikes - his dad has two actually - he got my husband started before he even has a license :) I love it though - we usually go pretty close to home. He wants to go to Daytona, but I love the idea of the Carribean. I see that Alaska is listed for next year :( I will have to keep checking for later ones. I would prefer the tropical region!!

I totally agree! Tropical is my idea of vacation since we are from upstate New York. The second one listed there is one where you can actually bring your bike with you and go on guided tours on different Islands.That is one I would love to check out!We mostly ride around home here in the Finger Lakes region.We might go to Daytona some time just to see what it is like with wall to wall bikes.My brother-in-law has been a few times and has a great time,wants us to go with him.One of these days......Well take care and maybe talk to ya soon! Jackie:cool:

• 2 months later...

I actually contacted RCCL one afternoon, after being placed on hold for over 15 minutes total by the end of the conversation, they took my number and advised that someone from some other dept had to call me back with some information after they made some calls. Needless to say I never received any calls. So if you get any more info, please pass it on, I am still quite curious myself.

• 3 months later...

My friend and I were recently on the Caribbean Princess 1/22-1/29/05 and we were next to RCCL Voyager of the Seas at St. Maarten...... it had both the Harley cruise and a passenger told it had a Grand Ole Opry theme too..... Look at my photo album, http://www.kroooz-cams.com/gallery/albums.php and look at cruisegirls photos....there's a photo of all the Harley's coming back to the ship in the St. Maarten photos....It was wild hearing some 50 Harley's coming down the ramp.......lol.....So I would contact RCCL

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and i are booked in nov. on the mariner for this cruise, no bikes but many bikers and give away's incliding a custom built chopper, also no dress up nights, many games, and specials in port, they say over 1,000 bikers on board sounds like a good time

• 4 weeks later...

I work at the Harley-Davidson dealership on St. Thomas, USVI, one of the Harley cruise stops. The article you read on the cruise may have said you can rent a bike on all the islands, but that is incorrect. The Harley cruise is the only way you can ride here. It's a beautiful island to ride. We try to get as many locals as we can to meet you at the ship and a local police officer blocks traffic at the intersections for the group. Scott, the guy who leads the group, takes you on a nice tour of the island and avoids the really hairy spots. It's a lot of fun. You can see pictures of previous cruises at www.h-dstthomas.com and www.h-dstmartin.com. I wish I could play one of the DVDs for you.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and i are booked in nov. on the mariner for this cruise, no bikes but many bikers and give away's incliding a custom built chopper, also no dress up nights, many games, and specials in port, they say over 1,000 bikers on board sounds like a good time

Hi! My husband and I have been on both the 2003 and 2004 HOHS cruises. It's more fun than you can imagine if you love bikers. We don't get as wild as some, but there's always something going on and I can't wait until November!!! They give away a ton of things. I think last year it added up to about 75,000.00 dollars worth of stuff. Plus, they have venders from everywhere and you can buy stuff from them.

tys4agd,sorry to hear you had such a bad time on this cruise. I saw this before and was really interested into looking into it more as we have a new Dynawide Glide and would have liked to maybe tour The Caribbean Islands on it.What about it didn't you like?

Hello! My wife and I just booked a Harley cruise for Feb 5th of 2006 and would like to talk with others that have gone on the tour and those who have booked on the same cruise. all help is appreciated. Thanks. Darrell

I JUST GOT OFF THE 4/17 HARLEY CRUISE AND CAN TELL YOU IT WAS FANTASTIC. IF YOU WANT SPECIFIC INFO JUST CONTACT ME. YOU WILL LOVE IT. WE ARE GOING BACK

Having been informed of what ONE person has said about our Harley Cruises, I can tell you that HE IS WAY OUT OF LINE! Apparently one person has already made a comment directly to his post, but let me assure everyone that the Harley Cruises set by ETA are fantastic! We've had no incidents to speak about and over 70% of our Harley Cruisers come back the following year.

Hey Marc (tys4agd) your comments are without merit! Next time.... stay home! With over 14 cruise dates posted for next season and 9 of them already sold-out, we must be doing something right! Thank you to all who made the trips with us and we look forward to seeing you again on a future ETA Harley Cruise. Those wanting further info can type in Harley Cruise in any search engine and the info will appear.

Safe Rides to All! :cool:

ETA, Inc.

Just wondering how everyone on this last Harley cruise felt about the actual tour. Do you feel like the tour agency followed through with all of their promises? Was going through Homeland Security as easy as you were told that it would be? Were there any additional costs associated with the tour that were not told to you until after you made you final payment? Were you realy the first people off the ship and on the road at every port? How about safety, were the tour guides really concerned with each and every one's safety during all of the rides? Were there really no mishaps to anyone's bike taking it on and off the ship? Were there really 2 trucks on every ride just in case of a mechanical mishap on the road? Did anyone have to PAY for more gas while on any of the islands? Did the tour guides treat everyone with friendliness and respect? How about when you got off of the ship in Miami, who was watching your bikes while you were going through immigration, getting your bags, and going through customs? Did you get to go to all of the places that were told to you on each of the rides? Werethe bikes actually as safe from other peole touching, moving or taking of the keys while on the ship? Just curious, let me know.

I have to post a reply to the thread regarding the Harley Cruise. I just returned from the 4/17 Harley Cruise and we had a blast! We have cruised many times and this was, for sure, one of the best cruise vacations we ever had! Steve, I give you credit. It's a huge undertaking what you've done and you've done a great job. You've created a vacation for bikers that is not available anywhere else. We had absolutely no problems or mishaps on our cruise. Our group of friends we met were great and we laughed the whole week. WE CAN'T WAIT TO BOOK ANOTHER HARLEY CRUISE! Don't let the negative shots at the Harley Cruise discourage anyone from booking it. You will not regret it! You can't please everyone. No matter what you do, someone will find something wrong with it. It was an awesome trip!!!!!

I am so glad to see the mostly positive replys to this thread as it is something I am truly interested in doing in the future.I do have one question, How do they secure the bikes on the ship to make sure that they aren't tipping over in case of rough weather?And can I contact someone at the agency that sets this all up and have them send me some material on it?Thanks, Jaxson

I am so glad to see the mostly positive replys to this thread as it is something I am truly interested in doing in the future.I do have one question, How do they secure the bikes on the ship to make sure that they aren't tipping over in case of rough weather?And can I contact someone at the agency that sets this all up and have them send me some material on it?Thanks, Jaxson

BIKES ARE SECURED BY "GRABS" THAT REST ON THE DECK. YOU CAN ALSO TIE DOWN TO THE GRABS. THE GRABS HAVE OUTRIGGERS ON THEM SO THEY ARE VERY SECURE. YOU CAN CALL STEVE AT THE AGENCY FOR INFO.

IF YOU NEED THE NUMBER E-MAIL ME AS I DON'T THINK I'M ALLOWED TO POST IT ON THE MESSAGE BOARD. THE WEB SITE IS MENTIONED IN OTHER POSTINGS ON THIS THREAD SO EASY TO CONTACT THEM.

Hello! My wife and I just booked a Harley cruise for Feb 5th of 2006 and would like to talk with others that have gone on the tour and those who have booked on the same cruise. all help is appreciated. Thanks. Darrell

I HAVE JUST BOOKED 2/5/06HARLEY CRUISE.

I JUST GOT OFF 4/17 HARLEY CRUISE.

ANY INFO YOU NEED CONTACT ME AT MSG6567@AOL.COM

ED

• 2 weeks later...

Archived