Solstice - slowwwwly being added to web site

denb

I see that the webmaster is slowing adding links to the Celebrity web site today for Solstice. Nothing new, but at least it's a start. When, oh when, will they provide complete deck plans.:(

oooohhh...

On that note:

I'm not expecting anything too soon in that department, but do think that maybe they might try to get right what they do in fact have in their posession and control. The tie ins to the cabins do not coincide, so anyone booking is going to have a bit of a go at it.

What can be seen on the current plans are the elimination of the magnitude of connecting/cabin/ doors. That's important progress!

Yes, I was refering to public area plans, which are currently blank spaces.

There are a few less connecting cabins on this new 'view', but still too many connecting CC's, especially the aft ones.

It will probably take a few more days for the webmaster to get all the web links connected and corrected.

Yes! I was surprised to see the quantity of connecting aft cabins. Also they say the Sunset Verandas are 595 sf...if I ever believed that I'd book it in a second at $1,300 or so...

As for the other portions not depicted, I don't really think there will be anything too unique about this ship beyond the 5 dining venues, otherwise my guess there would have been more hype about it....Unless you know something more? I can give you a list of things on current ships I think I could live without though....;)

...they say the Sunset Verandas are 595 sf...

Where did you see that? On the Captain's Club deck plans, AC/CC/SV/Deluxe all list 192sf stateroom with 92sf veranda.

Yes, there are many things I can do without on the newer ships too. But, the way I look at it is that it keeps those people away from the other things I do enjoy.

Yes! I was surprised to see the quantity of connecting aft cabins. Also they say the Sunset Verandas are 595 sf...if I ever believed that I'd book it in a second at $1,300 or so...

Hi Finely Cruising !

Assuming that information is somewhere on Celebrity's website, I think it is a very safe bet that the 595 sf # is a huge mistake. I have found numerous errors, and broken/incorrect links, regarding Solstice.

Personally speaking, I would take everything on Celebrity's website regarding Solstice with a grain of salt for now. While I am happy that some information is available, it is hard to imagine that the web information is very weak. One would think they had enough time to plan for this :)

Denb I have to go back and look now...it was either on the Ships section of the homepage, or the 'booking' option. SV's were 595 sf with an enourmous balcony sf reported....I thought ooohhhh that would be something!

Andy, Hello there! I agree you'd think they'd have had no pressure to get this going and at least get it kind of right....I'm with you for waiting it out.;)

When I look, it says 575 sq ft, which is what a Family Ocean View size is. Don't know where they got the 155 for the veranda.

I agree, Andy. You'd think they would have this all planned out (and double checked) with the correct information before publishing. Then it's just a matter of implementing the new pages/links in the existing pages. That's basically what they did for the early CC link, with a lot fewer errors. As it is, I watched these new links get updated as if the webmaster was plunking them in, hit or miss, one at a time. Don't know if it's a really inept webmaster or X just isn't providing 'em with good info. With 38 years in the computer business, I can tell you that the majority of time spent on a project should be for planning. That is, if you want it to be successful. Looks like they didn't follow that rule with this one. RCCL Bridgetrack did the early CC link using Adobe Flashplayer. I think they did a pretty good job. The new links are done by Celebrity, using the old format. Probably a totally different IT group and webmaster(s).

Archived