Cafe Caribe Verse Horizon Court Buffet

Momma Mojito

On the Crown there are three different buffet serving lines all in the same general area. Two of the lines are called the Horizon Court and the third aft line is the Caribe Café. For the most part when all three lines are open, the items were the same. But, dinner was only served in the Caribe Café. They also served an International Breakfast in the Caribe Café, but it was very similar to the Horizon buffet breakfast. At least one day, the Caribe Café offered a sushi bar at lunch. There may have been some other subtle differences. You can always walk through both Horizon Court and Caribe Café before choosing.

On the Crown there are three different buffet serving lines all in the same general area. Two of the lines are called the Horizon Court and the third aft line is the Caribe Café. For the most part when all three lines are open, the items were the same. But, dinner was only served in the Caribe Café. They also served an International Breakfast in the Caribe Café, but it was very similar to the Horizon buffet breakfast. At least one day, the Caribe Café offered a sushi bar at lunch. There may have been some other subtle differences. You can always walk through both Horizon Court and Caribe Café before choosing.

What did the International Breakfast consist of? Sounds interesting..

I peaked at the International Breakfast twice and it looked to include most but not everything on the Horizon Court buffet. They may have had a few more choices of cheeses and smoked fish on the International Breakfast, but I couldn't swear to it. I never asked if there was something else that I may have missed. There was no Japanese breakfast.

One other difference, which might be a positive to some people, is Cafe Caribe is set up more like a cafeteria line. You start at either end and progress around. You can also come back into the line in the middle for things like cookies. It also was usually less busy and congested than the Horizon Court at breakfast and lunch.

Cafe Caribe during lunch and dinner will have different offerings than the horizon court - even the two are so close together. It's worth checking out. And yes, it does seem to be less crowded than the Horizon Court; I think some people don't bother to walk back there to see what's available - they simply assume it's the same thing they have just seen.

Archived