Best Online Photosharing service?

Best Online Photosharing site?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Best Online Photosharing site?

• Flickr
    • Photobucket
    • Snapfish by HP
    • Shutterfly

We've migrated to smugmug recently, thanks in large part to Larry(lsimon)'s recommends, and have had good results:

globaltraveller.smugmug.com

And Dave, those are incredible, something to which to aspire. :)

Thank you! I'm still doing quite a bit of aspiring myself. It seems that we never quite get to the level where we want to be! :)

BTW, nice galleries!

Can I aspire to your destination list? It fits your SmugMug ID!

Happy shooting!

Dave

Dave, unbelievable! Your pictures make me want to be a photographer instead of the weekend warrior I am now. They are really great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

-Chris

Another thanks!

I am, however, a weekend warrior myself...:p

Other than some paid catalog and graphics work in my spare time and the occasional print sold, I am nothing more than a long-term amateur who wields a camera for the love of it!

Dave

BTW, nice galleries! ... Can I aspire to your destination list? It fits your SmugMug ID!

Thanks Dave. Yeah, we've been fortunate to do some nice travels. My photos are more quantity than quality at this point. But we upgraded to a Nikon D40 before our trip to Cuba last month, so hopefully the results are improving.

I finally decided to give Picasa a try. http://picasaweb.google.com/TerrysPics49

Had some difficulty uploading my video clips - the files are really large. I'll keep trying though.

Dave, your photos have such wonderful color - were you always blessed with great lighting, or do you "tweak" them in a photo editor - adding color saturation or contrast?

Any comments / suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Terry

Dave' date=' your photos have such wonderful color - were you always blessed with great lighting, or do you "tweak" them in a photo editor - adding color saturation or contrast?

Any comments / suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Terry[/quote']

I tend to seek subjects with a lot of color and I have shot with Minolta cameras for most of my digital life. Minolta has a very accurate color rendition as did my early Kodak DC4800.

I usually set my camera on "natural" color saturation and will, occasionally, bump the color slightly in an editor if needed. I'd rather do it if needed than be stuck with it if not. I emphasized "slightly" because nothing screams "new to digital" more than over-saturation and over-sharpening!:D

Dave

Archived