Splendor Around the Horn - Are You Booking?

Kims Aunt

Splendor South American Poll - Are you booking it or just thinking about it  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Splendor South American Poll - Are you booking it or just thinking about it

• Booking it the minute it opens for sales
    • Will place a hold and get a deposit on it shortly afterwards
    • Can't commit - it's the airfare that might hold me back
    • Can't commit - I'm not sure I can get the time off from work but want to go
    • It's a nice thought, I'd love to go, but, I probably won't

I have a question - does anyone know if these sailings will be open to South American residents? I'm hoping so, I think it will add that much more to the experience to have an international passenger mix!

Oh yes, Im sure quite a few will be on the 1st and 3rd segments.

When I was on Destiny there were a large group of SA pax. I think some were from Columbia,Venezuela and Brazil. So some SA residents already know about the "Fun Ship" experience.

Ok, I started roll call for ALL segments - this roll call is for anyone who will take one, two or even all three segments of the South American cruises.

Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=586631

Ok, just joined Roll Call :D So happy you're going to be on all three segments Nick!

Helen

Just joined roll call even though we won't officially book until later this week.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how this is being handled - the booking process? Will we need to place deposits for each of the segments or just one deposit for all segments :confused:

It doesn't matter - just trying to be as prepared as possible

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone priced the airfare thru Carnival? Sometimes on the open jaw flights the cruise lines can do better than booking independently, plus they usually have someone at the airport to greet you and transfer you.

Roz

Airfare for the second leg, Round the Horn, from Chicago to Buenos Aires and back from Santiago to Chicago is quoted as $ 1419.00 per person from Carnival. Haven't looked online yet for other comparisons.

• 1 year later...

Wow I really wish I could do this.... I would choose the middle segment, if not all three.

Funny true storey about a voyage arround the Horn a long time ago. In 1967 passengers lined up and paid ( went to a charity ) to sit in one of two double decker buses lashed to the deck of the original Queen Mary so they could say they "went arround the Horn in a London Bus". One Passenger jumped into the indoor swimming pool so he could say "I swam arrond the Horn" .....

I breathlessly fallowed a blog called "jack at sea" about a passenger on the Queen Mary 2 in 2006 going around the Horn.

Hope you all have a great time. My guess is the average age of the passengers on this will be a bit higher due to the length of the cruise / segments...

Tom in Long Beach Looking forward to seeing the Splendor from the Queen Mary in March 09.

Archived