Sylvia Hotel in VanCouver?

RCCLismyfav

Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel?

Stayed many years ago and it has a beautiful location right on English Bay. You can practically step out the door and be on the beach. Lots of restaurants etc in the area. Deirdre

A relative recommended it to us for our Vancouver visit next month, because it's in a good location in Downtown, and close to where she resides. We researched it and it sounds like a classic old hotel. We decided that the 'old' part was not what we wanted. When we talked to them (at the Sylvia) they advised us that there was no A/C. That we could live with, I suppose, but some of the reviews we read mentioned poor ventilation and aged furnishings and decor.

We opted instead for the Times Square Suites. I know it's also an older building, but the reviews and room photos were better, and they do have A/C in the bedrooms of the suites.

Sorry I can't give you a first hand report, but maybe this will help. The Sylvia, without question, is one of the most affordable hotels in Downtown Vancouver that we could find.

We stayed at the Syliva many years ago. Can't speak for what it looks like now, but while it was not fancy, it was completely adequate, and a great value. Wonderful location, within walking distance to Stanley Park, etc. We were there in May and didn't miss the A/C. Of course, I live in Honolulu. :D

On July 3, I booked the Pan Pacific for $149 for August. There was a code on Travelzoo. The special expired July 4, but maybe they will run another special. That seemed reasonable for Vancouver. I didn't have a clue, but I stumbled upon it in the thread about Vancouver Hotels using Priceline, and I booked it.

I agree Budget Queen. Now, I am second guessing myself. I see people getting really cheap rooms in the Anchorage thread. I would think Anchorage hotels wouldn't be any lower than Vancouver. Maybe I ought to learn about Priceline.

Archived