10% in 3 months

RB Bonzo

Well done all Losers.

Sheila, 2.5lbs is great. The running must be really good for you.

I have WI tonight. After a half pound gain last week when I had had a rotten cold, I am sure I have lost this week. I have been to Curves twice and Pilates once in addtion to extra work hours so am doing more than usual. I think it is not only proper exercise that helps the loss but general movement and keeping busy that makes the difference to me.

The scales will tell!!!

Cinna

Sheila, awesome job! Your are doing great.

Cinnamon, I'll bet you have a good loss this week, you've been working so hard! I think I got your cold though:o . Fortunately for me, when I have a cold and sore throat, all I want to do is drink cold things. I think I've lost a lot this week, I'll let you know tomorrow after I weigh in.

Make it a great day!

RB Bonzo / 2.4/9.2/14.4 to go! 9/14

NMCruzzin / 1.0/11/12.0 to g0! 9/17

Annie 2/7.5 /11 to go!

skertso / 1.2 / 5.8 /12 to go! Friday 9/14

1''n' Diane 3.0/6.0/15 to go!!

Ppaxton 3.5 /9.5 /16.5 to go! Thursday 8/30

Carol 2.3/2.5/3.6 /.6 , +1.6, 2.6 , .9 ,12.7 to go 9/4

ebedore 0/6.0/18 to go! Monday 8/27

sam73 2.5/12.5/4.5 to go Wednesday 9/19

RachieLnnn 0.8/7.8/8.4 lbs to go!

Cinnamon /0.5/7.5/13.5 to go Friday 22

swansonia 3/20/8 to go Sunday 9/16

2'n' Dianne 0.8/8.0/10 to go! Thursday 9/13

Beth (momonmeds) 1/11/9 to go! Friday 9/14

Empress (Denise) 1/12/13.2 to go

canadianfam (Carmen) 3/3/17 to go

Donnerpumpking (Donna) 4/4/28 to go

Disappointed today. At WI last night I only managed a one pound loss. Having gained half a pound last week (when I had a rotten cold and ate some ice cream not on WOE) that is only a net half pound lost.

Now I now you will say a pound is a pound is a pound!

However, with only 6.5 weeks left to my cruise, the 13.5lbs loss needed to reach 10% is looking unlikely.

I am not downhearted. I know my clothes are looser and I am back in my smaller trousers, but it is certainly harder to lose at 55 than it was in the past.

Cinna

Annie 2/7.5 /11 to go!

skertso / +1 / 4.8 /13 to go! Friday 9/21

Beth (momonmeds) 1/11/9 to go! Friday 9/14

I feel your pain Cinnamon! I gained a pound this week. I don't think that it was so much not sticking to my diet as I didn't do the exercise I should have. Because of evening activities I only got to the gym one night and took a walk once. That just doesn't work for me. I have to be very active to lose weight. Well it is a new week and I will focus on getting exercise in whereever and whenever I can. I admire you sticking with it Cinnamon despite the difficulties. You will overcome!

Have a great Friday everyone!

:) Cherie

Hi everyone, 2 lbs for me this week. Cherie and Cinnamon, don't lose heart, you can do this. We all have our ups and downs, but I know you can get through it.

Make it a great day!

Annie 2/7.5 /11 to go!

Beth (momonmeds) 2/13/7 to go! Friday 9/21

Way to go Beth! Only 7 more to hit your goal...You Go Girl!! :D

Cherie - Hang in there - just an off week, it sounds like.

Cinnamon- a pound is great! Better off then added, right!?! Keep going!

Hope everyone has a great weekend - we are supposed to get some much needed rain and

I will try not to over due for my weigh in on Mon. See ya then!

Thanks for the support and well done Beth.

Despite disappointment, I have been very good and busy again today. Worked out in Curves, did the weekly shop, sang at the wedding of my hairdressers' daughter, chatted on here and cooked a Thai Prawn and veg Curry for dinner. Had strawberries for pud but it is really too late in the season now and they had little flavour.

Have a good weekend everyone,

Cinna

Yippee !!! I lost 2 more pounds this week.

Annie 2/7.5 /11 to go!

swansonia 2/22/6 to go Sunday 9/23

Beth (momonmeds) 2/13/7 to go! Friday 9/21

Have a great week everyone!!!!

Karen

Yay for you Karen...your encouragement has really helped me also!

I am down 5 lbs at the end of this week too!! After last weeks no loss whatsoever, even being good too, I finally dropped! So that is 10 lbs in 3 weeks! All of your suggestions have really paid off you guys. I cut my caffiene back, finally got all my water drank, backed off on salt also. So it's feeling good to be a loser! :D 222.8 down to 212.6 oh yeah!

It is beautiful here in Maine and it's really fall. The trees are turning beautiful colors. Fall is like Spring, just the trees get all the beautiful colors! Weather has been awesome.

Ok, they're trying to kill me here at work today...a BIG bag of halloween candy (the good ones), a box of rice krispie bars, a box of Oreo cakettes!!! Somebody save me!!!;)

Donna

How is it possible that I lost 2 pounds last week, got off track for 2 days and gained 4?!!? Oh well, I was back on yesterday and doing well so far today, but it's cold and rainy and that makes me want comfort foods...

Congrats Donna! Good for you.

Make it a great day!

I started Body for Life 3 months ago at 182. I am now 155 and 7 inches less in the waist (went from a very tight size 36 to now a size 30).

Yes these are good results, but I won't tell you it is simple. It took dedication and hard work and discipline. I work out by doing high intensity cardio as well as weight training. I alternate these workouts and my weight training takes about an hour a day and the other days I do cardio for 20 minutes. I eat 6 small meals a day and I get one cheat day per week.

Interested? Stop by a book store and pick up Body for Life by Bill Phillips. It will change your life.

Karen and Donna, Ya'll ROCK! I am soooo happy for ya'll. Donna, eat a very small piece of dark chocolate and just walk away! You are doing too good to turn back now.

Karen, I am getting back on track with my low carb this week; you have certainly been an inspiration....thanks.

Snorkleman- tell us more:cool:

I hope to be a loser this week:D

Annie:)

Hey Donna- Keep going! Your doing great!

Snorkelman- Congrats on down sizing from a 36 to a 30! Serious shopping trip for new pants eh?! :D How tall are you? age? My DH is another notch tighter on his belt and he's sure happy about that!

Sheila - when you started on your first day of running - how far did you go?

Your marathon is not to far away - you'll need to keep us posted on that!

These cooler mornings are telling us fall is here! Yeah!

Hey Donna- Keep going! Your doing great!

Snorkelman- Congrats on down sizing from a 36 to a 30! Serious shopping trip for new pants eh?! :D How tall are you? age? My DH is another notch tighter on his belt and he's sure happy about that!

Sheila - when you started on your first day of running - how far did you go?

Your marathon is not to far away - you'll need to keep us posted on that!

These cooler mornings are telling us fall is here! Yeah!

I started running 2 years ago. I had been walking 3 miles 3 days a week with 2 friends. We decided to try running. We just did little by little until we could run the whole 3 miles. Then we went up to 5 miles. I started training for my marathon in april. Each week you do a long run and increase it by 10% weekly. Running has been very fullfilling for me. Not to mention it really helps with the weight.

[snorkelman- Congrats on down sizing from a 36 to a 30! Serious shopping trip for new pants eh?! :D How tall are you? age?

I am 5'10", 34 years old. I used to exercise in college, but for the past 9 years I have been sitting at a desk and my weight just crept up on me. I tried Atkins and lost a bunch of weight, but it is way too restrictive for me to stay on it, with the focus of ketosis. I looked at South Beach diet and liked that but it was also pretty restrictive with no cheat meals/days.

BFL seems perfect for me. I can eat whatever I want one day per week and then eat clean the other 6. I eat 6 meals every day (350-400 calories each meal), and I do cardio and weight training. It is hard to explain, so I suggest picking up Body for Life at the library and reading it. It is a great way to change your life. Although the concepts are simple, implementing them is not easy. I don't eat anything with white flour (most breads), white rice, or things with sugar. It took some learning to figure out how to eat clean. I used to think that eating pasta was healthy because it was fat free. I am glad that I know understand why this was a mistake. I used to eat everything fat free and I couldn't lose fat. I couldn't figure it out, but now I understand that white flour and processed foods get converted to fat if you eat too much of them and your body doesn't need the calories.

Meal portions and timing is key.

Sorry to tell some of you folks, but there is no magic pill. You need to change the way you eat and most people THINK that they are eating great but they are wrong. I strongly suggest reading BFL (and or the e-book called burn the fat, feed the muscle).

Eating clean and exercising is what works. No way around it. You can think your walking from the car to the store is exercise but you are kidding yourself. You need to get your heart rate going. You can get your cardio done in 20 minutes, but it must be really intense. Otherwise, you need to do about 45-60 minutes. Also you need to lift weights in order to keep the muscle that you have. Weight loss is stupid. You want fat loss. It is bad when your weight loss is because you lost muscle. You want to keep your muscle at all costs - that is why you need to do weight training.

I eat a ratio of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fats (healthy fats only such as from healthy oils, fish, nuts, etc.)

Archived