Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Frank, So glad you and your dog did well on the ship. Last year was our first cruise with our new dog and he did awesome. But not knowing what to expect it's very scary.

Morey, Wex will go potty in the snow unless it's up to his belly. Luckily the wind was so bad that it drifted the snow and there were low spots for him to go.

We have never made copies of his grad cert. If Queen Roz says we need it, I will make copies pronto!

Quam, I agree that our puppy raisers should make and sell those tux bandanas. We were so thrilled when they gave us one, since it's perfect for formal nights.

Nancy, Travis must be so happy to finally get some snow. I'm sure he will be out playing in it as soon as he can.

I only copy the card that CCI gives us with the expiration of Public Access on it.....I think that's what Morey meant. I know it's really necessary but I'm proud of it and I do show it.

OMG 6 more days!! I have most of Wexlers things out to be packed but thats about it. John did his ironing yesterday. He's going skiing today so Wex and I will have a peaceful day. I just went to get out Wexlers collaspable bowls and guess what? John took them and one is at school and one at his sisters. UGH!!! It's a miracle I don't kill him before these trips. I'll be back later.

Mornin' all:

Cindy: I am sure they don't even think of the stress they add to our lives! I guess we can say at least you still have 6 days With my luck I wouldn't have checked until late the night before, getting last minute stuff together.

Roz: I have decided snow is no longer my friend, nor is it pretty. It would be if we didn't have to shovel our sidewalks! The snow is up to my knees. My thought is "Just who is going to be out in this weather, walking around, no less that I have to shovel the sidewalks for?" Hubby reminded me it would be the postman! Ok, so then we get the sidewalks all clear, it is still snowing and they are getting covered again? I'm moving!

Hope everyone else has a nice New Year's weekend. Be safe, whatever you decide to do. We stay home.

OMG 6 more days!! I have most of Wexlers things out to be packed but thats about it. John did his ironing yesterday. He's going skiing today so Wex and I will have a peaceful day. I just went to get out Wexlers collaspable bowls and guess what? John took them and one is at school and one at his sisters. UGH!!! It's a miracle I don't kill him before these trips. I'll be back later.

Oh! No! I know you'll figure it all out and find substitutions for what you need but it would be nice to have some cooperation here......JOHN!!!:(

Mornin' all:

Cindy: I am sure they don't even think of the stress they add to our lives! I guess we can say at least you still have 6 days With my luck I wouldn't have checked until late the night before, getting last minute stuff together.

Roz: I have decided snow is no longer my friend, nor is it pretty. It would be if we didn't have to shovel our sidewalks! The snow is up to my knees. My thought is "Just who is going to be out in this weather, walking around, no less that I have to shovel the sidewalks for?" Hubby reminded me it would be the postman! Ok, so then we get the sidewalks all clear, it is still snowing and they are getting covered again? I'm moving!

Hope everyone else has a nice New Year's weekend. Be safe, whatever you decide to do. We stay home.

You're not gonna move....because when that beautiful spring and summer come you'll be ever so grateful that you're not in that darn desert!

Happy New Year to all my wonderful friends! May the coming year bring us all health, happiness and lots of love from our babies! :D

Cindy,John, & Wexler

You too Cindy, your family and that amazing Working Dog, Wex. I hope that we all have lots of wonderful, joyous cruises in this coming year, with our "fur partners" and humans.

Much Love, Licks & Good Wishes To Everyone,

Roz, Morey & Brenda

Happy New Year from the sunny south. We had a white christmas this year...and now it is 60ish and damp!! Happy Crusing to Sexy Wexy and his people. No pups at home right now. Just Sandy the house dog and Mr Sunshine. Adventure of Cooler to continue...

Hi all

Been a while how is everyone ? Denver and I are doing well - Denver is almost 9 I can not even believe it !!!!

I know I have asked before so forgive me but I am crusing mex riv at the end of the month - I have herd I need health cert and thats it - what I need to know is this

What is everyones experience with the rabies thing - DCL says their paperwork states a 1 YEAR rabies - My shot is a 3 YEAR do I need to re vaccinate ? My vet says the 1 and 3 are the SAME - I just need to know if I should worry about the cert saying 3 year exp date or not ? Roz didnt you just cruise this one ?

Thanks all

Roz love to brenny from denny LOL and Amber and rick are having baby 3 !!!

Hi all

Been a while how is everyone ? Denver and I are doing well - Denver is almost 9 I can not even believe it !!!!

I know I have asked before so forgive me but I am crusing mex riv at the end of the month - I have herd I need health cert and thats it - what I need to know is this

What is everyones experience with the rabies thing - DCL says their paperwork states a 1 YEAR rabies - My shot is a 3 YEAR do I need to re vaccinate ? My vet says the 1 and 3 are the SAME - I just need to know if I should worry about the cert saying 3 year exp date or not ? Roz didnt you just cruise this one ?

Thanks all

Roz love to brenny from denny LOL and Amber and rick are having baby 3 !!!

Hey, Cari; Happy New Year to you and our favorite SED, Denver. For all of you.....Amber and Rick (as mentioned by Cari) are a seeing impaired couple who have a little boy, a baby girl and are now expecting their third. Congrats to them. They're a pretty amazing couple. They have two dogs and two little human's.....soon to have a new one. Isn't the power of love remarkable! Rick is a voice on the radio....he's quite a personality and Amber is a little doll! Cari and Denver have assisted them in training their dogs and much more.

Cari, you will need to have proof of Denver's Rabies Vaccine. As long as you are within the guidelines of when the Rabies Vaccine should be given and have a Rabies Vaccine Certification from your Vet, you're all set. Because Brenda is considered a "Senior Dog" there are some vaccines that the Vet would not give her. The Rabies Vaccine is ALWAYS required. Remember to make 3 copies of everything to speed your check-in along. And, to present to Immigration on or off the ship.

You couldn't have booked this cruise onboard the Sapphire this past November, when we were onboard? One day we'll do a cruise together.

Which ship are you on? Have a wonderful cruise.

Now I get to have the "Cruise Jitters" for both you, Denver, Cindy, John and Wexler! :)

Mornin' all:

Ms. Roz, my computer says you posted at 2:14 am! What were you doing up at that hour? You should have called, none of us were sleeping anyway. Ho hum, the New Year is not all it is cracked up to be!

Cari: Have fun on the Mouse ship! Will Denver be wearing Mickey ears? He would be oh so cute in them. What am I talking about, he is oh so cute no matter what! Is Greg going too? If not who will he stay with?

Cindy: its getting closer! Hope everything is falling into place for you. Huggles to Sexy Wexy.

Mornin' all:

Ms. Roz, my computer says you posted at 2:14 am! What were you doing up at that hour? You should have called, none of us were sleeping anyway. Ho hum, the New Year is not all it is cracked up to be!

Cari: Have fun on the Mouse ship! Will Denver be wearing Mickey ears? He would be oh so cute in them. What am I talking about, he is oh so cute no matter what! Is Greg going too? If not who will he stay with?

Cindy: its getting closer! Hope everything is falling into place for you. Huggles to Sexy Wexy.

Actually, it was a bit after midnight.......teeth brushed, hair set, close computer [Oh! No! Can't do that there's something from Cari], must talk to her first and then go to sleep.

Geeeezzz, you're worse than having my mother around!

3 more days! I'm stressed. I just finished cleaning the apt. Of course that needed to be done before we left. This way it will be clean when we come home. Wex had the bath yesterday so he is all set. He is mostly packed, god forbid if I forget any cookies! For John and I, we are NOT packed in any way. I did all the health and beauty stuff yesterday. I've got alot of stuff out but not packed. Tomorrow I will go to CT and wash clothes, take mom to do her shopping, and come back Wednesday with my son. I guess I'll be packing then. John has to decide what he wants to take. Yesterday he said he's only taking 2 polo shirts, for 10 days??? I don't know how he thinks and I'm better off not knowing.:confused: Looks like we might get another snow storm Friday, we are lucky to be leaving Thursday morning. We usually fly down a day early but this year we are going to save the money and fly the day of. It's risky but we have done it before. Since we are paying for my son to go, we will need the extra money for his bar bill.:eek: I think I'll go get all our paperwork together and make sure I have enough copies of everything.

Cindy

3 more days! I'm stressed. I just finished cleaning the apt. Of course that needed to be done before we left. This way it will be clean when we come home. Wex had the bath yesterday so he is all set. He is mostly packed, god forbid if I forget any cookies! For John and I, we are NOT packed in any way. I did all the health and beauty stuff yesterday. I've got alot of stuff out but not packed. Tomorrow I will go to CT and wash clothes, take mom to do her shopping, and come back Wednesday with my son. I guess I'll be packing then. John has to decide what he wants to take. Yesterday he said he's only taking 2 polo shirts, for 10 days??? I don't know how he thinks and I'm better off not knowing.:confused: Looks like we might get another snow storm Friday, we are lucky to be leaving Thursday morning. We usually fly down a day early but this year we are going to save the money and fly the day of. It's risky but we have done it before. Since we are paying for my son to go, we will need the extra money for his bar bill.:eek: I think I'll go get all our paperwork together and make sure I have enough copies of everything.

Cindy

BREATH, BREATH, BREATH! You've got your hands full but, like always, YOU will get it all done!!!!........I know that since we started cruising with a Service Dog everything about my packing changed. I always tell myself "she's so worth it!"

John's kidding.......2 shirts for the week! :eek: I just don't get men and what they think. Acutally, I don't care any more. If Morey wants to wear the same shirt everyday.......it's his decision......Years ago I would have put up a stink or, at least said something. Now, I don't say a word. He's a grownup!!!!! I think!!!!! Or, do some men go backwards as they age?

My apologies to all you guys who really take the time to pick your clothes and care about it, at any age.

Cindy, it will all come together......miraculously, but it will all come together! ;)

I swear they are all related! I pack, so I make sure he has at least 7 shirts. Then of course dress shirts, t shirts, yada, yada, yada.........It's the same thing at home. I have to say, give me that shirt so I can wash it. But I haven't showered, all the more reason to give it to me! My hardest part of packing is leaving out the meds and bathroom stuff for the morning we are leaving. Good grief, I almost need a whole carry-on just for that stuff!

I swear they are all related! I pack, so I make sure he has at least 7 shirts. Then of course dress shirts, t shirts, yada, yada, yada.........It's the same thing at home. I have to say, give me that shirt so I can wash it. But I haven't showered, all the more reason to give it to me! My hardest part of packing is leaving out the meds and bathroom stuff for the morning we are leaving. Good grief, I almost need a whole carry-on just for that stuff!

Then add a Service Dog to the equation. The food/meds/brushes/play toys/chewies/bottled water, etc., etc. I used to bring her salmon oil [must go to capsules], and her bed. Boy, have I gotten smarter on some of this stuff. You should have seen when we brought her faux-grass or her bag of mulch.....that was interesting to explain to the port authority folks, again, I've gotten smarter. I just INSIST that the ship have the right stuff.

I love when Morey wears his favorite tank-top for days in a row [at home] and the darn thing looks like it could grow feet and walk away. Mind you, he's not smelling badly.....so, I try not to look too hard. Then I ask the simple question, "isn't your hair getting a little long?" And, the angry toned response is "yes, I'm growing it long!"

I've decided to leave these things out of our discussions and pick and choose my battles. Which with a senior man could be many!

Oh! Please tell me he's not reading these!!!! :(

Actually, I know he's not. Since I upgraded my computer at home and I have a new password.......that he doesn't know, yet!!!!! Oh! I'm so proud of myself!!!!!

I know, I know, stop being so smug, it's bound to come back and bite me!!!!

Back to work!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Quam: Ok, so I will leave your cold out and I now count three "occurances". That should be it. You need to take it easy! I can only hope 2011 gets here quickly. I am glad you didn't re-injure your wrist, when you fell. I would be so embarassed. That's what happenend to me when I injured my back. Hope you are on the mend.

Yeah, hopefully that will be all that will happen to me! I fell into a split, so no chance of reinjuring my wrist, but it was for sure plenty embarrassing! :o

GEEEEZ, woman, you have a "mobility harness, a Service Dog" to assist you in your mobility and you're falling???? :( Just kidding!!!!

Yeah, seriously! I'd actually let go of the harness at that moment, although I don't think it'd have helped anyway 'cause my leg didn't pick up off the ground and I ended up in a split. This was at the top of an escalator (I'd already commanded my dog to jump off - she is trained on how to safely ride an escalator), so my other leg kept going forward. I had to be dragged out of the way so everybody behind me wouldn't pile on top of me, LOL - now THAT would have been quite the scene! :p

Enough, is enough. Take your time when you're walking; put some aloe on that wrist and knee and have a wonderfully healthy and happy New Year!

Yeah, we were in a rush trying to get to our connecting flight 'cause our first flight was delayed 1 hr. 40 min. and we only had a 1 hr. 45 min. layover (the pilot made up some time in the air).

Mornin' all:

Yeah, this snow thing is new to me! I was getting out of the jeep and the left slide, fortunately I was still more or less sitting on the seat. Fell back and hit my arm on the door latch.........

I just saw a video on Yahoo (I think) about a school in Virginia is not allowing a young boy bring his service dog to school. The school that trained the dog is not on the list at the boys school to allow it! :eek: I see ADA violations written all over it............

Hope everyone is stable and be careful.

Cindy: Thinking of you running around trying to take care of three boys, John, your son and Wexy. Bless you. You deserve your cruise, sitting on the Aft with an adult beverage in hand and the ocean air blowing in your hair!

[/b][/color]

Yeah, seriously! I'd actually let go of the harness at that moment, although I don't think it'd have helped anyway 'cause my leg didn't pick up off the ground and I ended up in a split. This was at the top of an escalator (I'd already commanded my dog to jump off - she is trained on how to safely ride an escalator), so my other leg kept going forward. I had to be dragged out of the way so everybody behind me wouldn't pile on top of me, LOL - now THAT would have been quite the scene! :p

Yeah, we were in a rush trying to get to our connecting flight 'cause our first flight was delayed 1 hr. 40 min. and we only had a 1 hr. 45 min. layover (the pilot made up some time in the air).

Yikes, I think you need to consider yourself very lucky that you didn't break something.

When I graduated from CCI the dogs were not trained on escalators, now they are. I'm so glad, since it can be the fasted way to the next level in many venues.

Brenda has the hairiest paw pads. I'm sure that this has to be kept very, very trimmed so that the hair doesn't get caught in the escalator........OUCH!!!!!!!:eek: