Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

2 hours ago, rangeley said:

Looking into taking a private super shuttle van to the hotel in LA. Anyone done this? The regular SS is 34 a person and who knows how long we would have to ride on it. The private van is 80 and seems worth the price. Any thoughts? Roz?Ā 

Haven't used it in LA, but we have taken the WCA direct super shuttle to Oakland and San Francisco airports and it has worked out well. Make sure you book in advance.

Ā 

Dianne

1 hour ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Haven't used it in LA, but we have taken the WCA direct super shuttle to Oakland and San Francisco airports and it has worked out well. Make sure you book in advance.

Ā 

Dianne

We called our hotel and the woman said they have a driver that takes you from the hotel to the port. She had his personal number so John called him and asked him to pick us up at the airport and he said yes. Then we find out that Oct 29th the airport is starting this thing that you can't be picked up at the terminal, you have to get on a shuttle to some parking lot. Not happy about lugging everything twice. They started that here in Boston last year. Pretty inconvenient for someone in a wheelchair.Ā 

7 hours ago, rangeley said:

Looking into taking a private super shuttle van to the hotel in LA. Anyone done this? The regular SS is 34 a person and who knows how long we would have to ride on it. The private van is 80 and seems worth the price. Any thoughts? Roz?Ā 

Can John maneuver into a tall vehicle?Ā  Ā My car is an Expedition, it stands very tall.Ā Ā Ā I could pick you guys up in shifts, instead of all at once.Ā  [I don't think there's room for the two dogs, the three of us, our luggage, and wheel chair.]Ā  I'm more than happy to make it happen if you guys can work with me.Ā  We can take John and Oakland,Ā  Ā dropĀ them off and my bags and then I can come back for you and your bags and drop them off separately.Ā  What hotel are you staying in?Ā 

1 hour ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Can John maneuver into a tall vehicle?Ā  Ā My car is an Expedition, it stands very tall.Ā Ā Ā I could pick you guys up in shifts, instead of all at once.Ā  [I don't think there's room for the two dogs, the three of us, our luggage, and wheel chair.]Ā  I'm more than happy to make it happen if you guys can work with me.Ā  We can take John and Oakland,Ā  Ā dropĀ them off and my bags and then I can come back for you and your bags and drop them off separately.Ā  What hotel are you staying in?Ā 

John can wheel to the hotel. Oakland and I can take a cab, or hitchhike šŸ‘!!Ā 

22 hours ago, rangeley said:

John can wheel to the hotel. Oakland and I can take a cab, or hitchhike šŸ‘!!Ā 

Ha!Ā  Ha!Ā  You are so cute!!!!!Ā  Ā We'll get there, one way or another!Ā  Hang in there John, you WILL have a wonderful cruise in spite of Cindy and me!Ā šŸ˜˜

18 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Ha!Ā  Ha!Ā  You are so cute!!!!!Ā  Ā We'll get there, one way or another!Ā  Hang in there John, you WILL have a wonderful cruise in spite of Cindy and me!Ā šŸ˜˜

John is lucky to have both of us. He's so looking forward to meeting you and Horty.Ā 

On 10/14/2019 at 9:00 AM, rangeley said:

Never used this. Seems to be a 3rd party trying to make a buck. Service dogs are free and a regular pet is $10. This person wants $57. Just do it directly. I usually fax and have the permit in a day or two.Ā 

I have been attempting to fax over the application to the fax number on the form. I have also called and spoke with a lady at the Dept. Of Agriculture and she gave me the same number. Did you have any problems facing over the application?

Just now, wizard-of-roz said:

Me too, allĀ of youĀ Ā šŸ˜

He had some dental surgery today so he's hurting. Doc said he should be good to go for the cruise.Ā 

Ā 

We are suppose to bring the dog to visit with some vets tomorrow night, hopefully he feels good enough to go.Ā 

2 minutes ago, rangeley said:

He had some dental surgery today so he's hurting. Doc said he should be good to go for the cruise.Ā 

Ā 

We are suppose to bring the dog to visit with some vets tomorrow night, hopefully he feels good enough to go.Ā 

Ā 

Feel well John.Ā  Thank goodness there's lots of "soft" choices for eating on a cruise.Ā  On my last cruise, in December, I had some very extensive dental work done and it NEVER got in the way of my culinary experiences!Ā  Yay, for High Tea!Ā šŸ¦·

7 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Ā 

Feel well John.Ā  Thank goodness there's lots of "soft" choices for eating on a cruise.Ā  On my last cruise, in December, I had some very extensive dental work done and it NEVER got in the way of my culinary experiences!Ā  Yay, for High Tea!Ā šŸ¦·

Oh he'll be eating. Tonight I'm making spaghetti and meatballs. I figure he'll be able to eat that. Made him a strawberry milkshake earlier. I bought him a new tablet for being a good boy at the dentist today. He's been playing with it all day. Kept his mind off his mouth. Haha šŸ˜‚

5 hours ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

I have been attempting to fax over the application to the fax number on the form. I have also called and spoke with a lady at the Dept. Of Agriculture and she gave me the same number. Did you have any problems facing over the application?

Yes, I kept getting a busy signal - I finally was able to get the fax to go through from my iPhone. Make sure you have an international calling plan.

Ā 

Dianne

On 10/18/2019 at 3:52 PM, rangeley said:

We called our hotel and the woman said they have a driver that takes you from the hotel to the port. She had his personal number so John called him and asked him to pick us up at the airport and he said yes. Then we find out that Oct 29th the airport is starting this thing that you can't be picked up at the terminal, you have to get on a shuttle to some parking lot. Not happy about lugging everything twice. They started that here in Boston last year. Pretty inconvenient for someone in a wheelchair.Ā 

Which hotel has an accessible shuttle to the port?

Ā 

Dianne

30 minutes ago, rangeley said:

Oh he'll be eating. Tonight I'm making spaghetti and meatballs. I figure he'll be able to eat that. Made him a strawberry milkshake earlier. I bought him a new tablet for being a good boy at the dentist today. He's been playing with it all day. Kept his mind off his mouth. Haha šŸ˜‚

Good Wifey!Ā  I can't wait to teach you guys how to play Tridominoes.Ā  My kids got hooked on it and we played it every chance we could, in every lounge.

1 hour ago, rangeley said:

Roz, you need to download the Princess Medallion class app to your phone.Ā Ā 

Cindy, boarding with a Service Dog means we'll need to stop and present registration with paperwork and we'll need to take time anyway,Ā  I'm Elite on Princess, let them take care of me.

Ā 

We'llĀ be able to keep in touch once on board......I don't need, nor want Princess to "Big Brother" me!Ā  When we meet-up I welcome your input to show me what you want me to do, if you think I should do something more or different.

50 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

Cindy, boarding with a Service Dog means we'll need to stop and present registration with paperwork and we'll need to take time anyway,Ā  I'm Elite on Princess, let them take care of me.

Ā 

We'llĀ be able to keep in touch once on board......I don't need, nor want Princess to "Big Brother" me!Ā  When we meet-up I welcome your input to show me what you want me to do, if you think I should do something more or different.

This wasn't for you to get the medallion, its so we can communicate onboard. But if you know a better way for us to communicate, we're all for it.Ā  I assume you are going to opt for the card? They will make you get the medallion at check in and then you can opt out at guest services and they will give you a card instead.Ā 

3 hours ago, rangeley said:

This wasn't for you to get the medallion, its so we can communicate onboard. But if you know a better way for us to communicate, we're all for it.Ā  I assume you are going to opt for the card? They will make you get the medallion at check in and then you can opt out at guest services and they will give you a card instead.Ā 

My kids and I stayed in touch by texting each other, my Grandson set up our phones.Ā  We can have them do it for us at Guest Services when we check on the dog's box'sĀ or Registration upon check-in. Or, we can just do it ourselves.

Ā 

I'm open for whatever works best for all of us.

Ā 

Ā Ā Ā