Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Roz, you have the patience of a saint! ;)

Marcia: I'M WAITING!!!! I swear if they don't call me today......I'm going to have DisneyKidsDad call for me!!!! Just kidding!!!

It's torture!

Although, it would be nice to know if I should change my cruise within a reasonable amount of time.....:confused:

Still waiting Roz?

On the subject of uniforms I thought I looked pretty damn good also especially in my dress uniform then I could show off all my ribbons and medals. I actually have awards from every branch except the Coast Guard.

And yes both of my children are very attractive, damn sure didn't get it from me.....

Still waiting Roz?

On the subject of uniforms I thought I looked pretty damn good also especially in my dress uniform then I could show off all my ribbons and medals. I actually have awards from every branch except the Coast Guard.

And yes both of my children are very attractive, damn sure didn't get it from me.....

OMG!!!!! I'M STILL WAITING........WHY ARE THEY TORTURING ME?

And, here's the worst of it....I leave at 3:30 on Friday's.

I haven't had a decent nights sleep in the past two weeks. If I wasn't promised a phone call today, it wouldn't be so darn upsetting.

I couldn't take it anymore......I phoned the Applicant Dept. at CCI and left a message with the gal who told me, two weeks ago, that she'd call me on the 26th. No one there.......I'm so frustrated - and, if I keep writing and thinking about it I'm going to cry!

I need a Brenda hug and this is her "off" day.....I can't wait to just go home and lay down with my girl!

OMG ARE WE STILL WAITING!!!! You're killing me here!!!

Cindy, this is so painful. If it weren't for the fact that I was promised this phone call TODAY, it wouldn't be so difficult. Honestly, I haven't had a good night's sleep for two weeks. I'm so anxious about this whole thing.

I called them and left a message; telling them that I leave early on Friday's and I wanted to be sure that they had my home phone number and I told the Applicant Dept. how anxious I was, etc., etc. Still nothing!!!!!!!

They're driving me crazy!!!!

Cindy, this is so painful. If it weren't for the fact that I was promised this phone call TODAY, it wouldn't be so difficult. Honestly, I haven't had a good night's sleep for two weeks. I'm so anxious about this whole thing.

I called them and left a message; telling them that I leave early on Friday's and I wanted to be sure that they had my home phone number and I told the Applicant Dept. how anxious I was, etc., etc. Still nothing!!!!!!!

They're driving me crazy!!!!

Calm down Roz. I think they should have called you either way. Go home and try to relax. I just hate it when people are suppose to call and they don't. :mad: We will be around all weekend so I'll be online. Nothing else to do during a hurricane. :eek:

Calm down Roz. I think they should have called you either way. Go home and try to relax. I just hate it when people are suppose to call and they don't. :mad: We will be around all weekend so I'll be online. Nothing else to do during a hurricane. :eek:

Thanks, Cindy. They said they would call me....either way!!!!! They haven't, as of 3:25pm. I'm not going to stress it anymore! Afterall, I do have Brenda and I'm very lucky!!!

I hope you'll be okay and don't experience any problems with "Irene".

And, that goes for all our friends in the affected area's. I pray your all safe and sound.

So what happened Roz? Did they call? Did you call them?

I can't sleep.....this is how I've spent the last two weeks...my mind wandering and me supposing what was going to happen on the 26th. I'm really disappointed in CCI for making a promise to me and then just leave me hanging. It's not very nice!

I did call the Applicant Dept., hoping to get the gal who I spoke with two weeks ago. No answer, so I left a message, expressing my disappointment and asking for a phone call back. The message says that they are out in the field working with dogs all day so it may take a day or two to return the call.

I guess I have to wait until next week. I'll let you all know, as soon as I know.......I'm exhausted.....Brenda's snoring on the couch next to me. At least she's getting good rest during this waiting game!!!!!!!

I can't sleep.....this is how I've spent the last two weeks...my mind wandering and me supposing what was going to happen on the 26th. I'm really disappointed in CCI for making a promise to me and then just leave me hanging. It's not very nice!

I did call the Applicant Dept., hoping to get the gal who I spoke with two weeks ago. No answer, so I left a message, expressing my disappointment and asking for a phone call back. The message says that they are out in the field working with dogs all day so it may take a day or two to return the call.

I guess I have to wait until next week. I'll let you all know, as soon as I know.......I'm exhausted.....Brenda's snoring on the couch next to me. At least she's getting good rest during this waiting game!!!!!!!

I agree very unprofessional at the very least; maybe Irene came into play. Does CCI have a branch in either North or South Carolina?

Ready for the storm in Baltimore. Back stairwell is cleared out hoping to prevent flooding in the basement. Gas tank is filled (heard prices jumped 30 cents since yesterday), have the water, cell phones and DS's and are charged up. Yard is cleared of anything that can fly. My FIL (who lives near NOLA) called last night to ask if we stocked up on supplies. My husband told him we have beer. We will be fine. Last loads of laundry are going. Nothing will say I love you to the family like clean underwear if the power goes out for a few day :)

Good luck to any others that may be on the east coast.

Ready for the storm in Baltimore. Back stairwell is cleared out hoping to prevent flooding in the basement. Gas tank is filled (heard prices jumped 30 cents since yesterday), have the water, cell phones and DS's and are charged up. Yard is cleared of anything that can fly. My FIL (who lives near NOLA) called last night to ask if we stocked up on supplies. My husband told him we have beer. We will be fine. Last loads of laundry are going. Nothing will say I love you to the family like clean underwear if the power goes out for a few day :)

Good Luck, its a Cat1; but a huge storm pushing loads of water with 75mph winds...

Wow! Our very best wishes that you come through this unscathed and intact! Take care!!!!

I agree very unprofessional at the very least; maybe Irene came into play. Does CCI have a branch in either North or South Carolina?

OMG! I've been so selfishly thinking of me.....It didn't even occur to me that the kennels might be involved in Irene's storm path. Thanks for the reality check.

CCI is located in 14 states across the U.S. And, the majority of these locations have kennels filled with dogs.

I bet there was a "call to arms" for everyone across the U.S. to help with the dogs, in getting them to safety. This is where the volunteers [the puppyraisers], kennel workers, trainers and interns come into play. I pray that all the dogs are safe and with the help of employee's and volunteers are taken care of.

My thoughts and good wishes go to CCI in keeping our heroes safe and sound!

Very funny about the beer and laundry but probably so true about the underwear. Stay safe and I hope that you don't suffer any damage and most importantly no injuries.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Canine Companions for Independence, in the affected areas. I hope that all the dogs located in the kennels are safe and taken care of!

Well we are all fine. Alot of debris around some power outages(Johns sister) but I think we got pretty lucky here. My moms in Ct is fine too. I think CCI Long Island was directly in the path. Hope everything there is ok. My ex lives on CT shoreline and they have no power either. My son is staying at moms making sure our stuff in the cellar is ok. So far no water. Now they are just worried about high tide later on today and tonight.

Roz, If we do not hear anything tomorrow, I will personally fly out there and ring someones neck :D

We have been checking out flights, Jet Blue is the only one with direct flights and the only one we fly now. I could have gotten a flight for the 3 of us for 813.00 but someone (John) dragged is feet on booking the cruise and now it has gone up to 943.00 UGHHHHHHHHHH So today we logged in to check the available seats and the plane is almost empty, so I think we will wait and hope the price comes down cuz they will want to fill the plane. We hope!!!!

Hope all our east coast friends made it through the storm ok.

Cindy

Well we are all fine. Alot of debris around some power outages(Johns sister) but I think we got pretty lucky here. My moms in Ct is fine too. I think CCI Long Island was directly in the path. Hope everything there is ok. My ex lives on CT shoreline and they have no power either. My son is staying at moms making sure our stuff in the cellar is ok. So far no water. Now they are just worried about high tide later on today and tonight.

Roz, If we do not hear anything tomorrow, I will personally fly out there and ring someones neck :D

We have been checking out flights, Jet Blue is the only one with direct flights and the only one we fly now. I could have gotten a flight for the 3 of us for 813.00 but someone (John) dragged is feet on booking the cruise and now it has gone up to 943.00 UGHHHHHHHHHH So today we logged in to check the available seats and the plane is almost empty, so I think we will wait and hope the price comes down cuz they will want to fill the plane. We hope!!!!

Hope all our east coast friends made it through the storm ok.

Cindy

Thank goodness!!!!!!!! I was so worried about you. I'm so glad to hear you're all okay.

I hope CCI dogs and humans are all safe and dry. I know they all pull together in times of need and I'm sure ALL CCI's were ready to step in and help the folks on Long Island. What a huge responsibility-to get the dogs to safety is number one, I'm sure! And, all the dogs want to do is jump into the water!

And, of course, Cindy's priorities are in the right place......she's worried about booking her flight to her cruise....you go girl!!!! ;)

EVERYONE, please stay safe and know that we send all our love and best wishes for your safety during this storm.

Aww, so sorry that you didn't get a phone call today, Roz! I came on the board just now hoping to hear some news from you. Oh well - it will happen, just will be a surprise when!

Quam: Thank you for your interest. It certainly will be a BIG SURPRISE when I hear from CCI. With all that they're worried about right now, I'm not angry about not getting my phone call. I totally understand that their main concern is the safety of all their locations, both people and especially all the dogs - including dogs in training, breeders and puppies.

To think how frightened the dogs must have been with the weather and people dragging them in all directions......it's difficult to even think about. I'm sure once they get to a safe place and get dry they're given lots of love and calm attention.

It will be interesting to see how these dogs [including the puppies] handle future rain/wind/lightening and extreme weather conditions in general. A true test of their wonderful spirits and sturdyness.

My love and thoughts go out to all the people who are withstanding the worst conditions to rescue and get all the dogs to safety.....And, to all the folks who opened their homes and hearts to the dogs and rescuers......THANK YOU so much for all that you do for our dogs and for us!!!!!!!

My daughter took her service dog on a cruise to Alaska last year and it was wonderful. Could anyone please tell us if it is possible to take a Baltic cruise with a service dog? We would fly in/out of Amsterdam. Are there any ports that you could get off in with the service dog?

My daughter took her service dog on a cruise to Alaska last year and it was wonderful. Could anyone please tell us if it is possible to take a Baltic cruise with a service dog? We would fly in/out of Amsterdam. Are there any ports that you could get off in with the service dog?

Wow! What an exciting cruise for all of you. If you have a USDA Certified Vet they [or their office] will be able to answer your questions on what is required by the airline/TSA and immigration entering foreign countries such as Amsterdam-and, then what the cruiseline requires-and, then what the various Baltic states will require to disembark the ship into their various ports.

Hopefully, someone on our blog will be able to help. Also, your travel agent may be able to investigate for you.

Once you've boarded the ship sometimes the best you can get is the dog onboard and then you may have to take turns going onto the ports. Unless, you get complete clearance from every port to disembark on each one, sometimes the best you can hope for is to have the dog onboard the ship with you.

Sometimes, I didn't want Brenda to go into some ports [with their stray dogs, insect problems or the dirt.] Brenda would stay behind with a "dog sitter." [This was usually a crew staff person who loved spending the time with her.]

I hope you get the help you need......Congratulations on a very exciting trip for your family and your amazing dog!

I am relieved to hear that our East Coast posters all seem to have come thru Irene well. And of course, taking a few moments to remember "Katrina" and the aftermath.

Had some fun doggy times last week that perked me up. Wish I could manage to post pictures, you guys would love seeing "Mackey" He is growing up beautifully. Still a whole lot of puppy, but, you can see the dog he will be.

We made it through just fine too. The basement stayed dry and the power is on. Just some leaves and branches to clean up. Schools are closed today though because there are wide spread power outages in the area. 65 of the 140ish schools in the county were without electricity last night. I have friends that have not had it since Saturday afternoon. My brother in NJ got 6 inches of water in his unfinished basement. A pain, but at least he did not lose anything. His electric won't be back on until 9/4.

We made it through just fine too. The basement stayed dry and the power is on. Just some leaves and branches to clean up. Schools are closed today though because there are wide spread power outages in the area. 65 of the 140ish schools in the county were without electricity last night. I have friends that have not had it since Saturday afternoon. My brother in NJ got 6 inches of water in his unfinished basement. A pain, but at least he did not lose anything. His electric won't be back on until 9/4.

We are so glad you guys made it through ok. No power is just the worst thing!!! UGH To bad your brother got water but atleast he is ok. Power out til 9/4 really stinks, I hope he has somewhere to go.