Dinner Rolls

JettaGirl

Quick, stupid question. I am a bread fanatic. I have been on 2 Princess cruises and their dinner rolls were not served warm and I was not very happy! I promise I am not one to be picky but i LOOOVE me some carbs!!

PLLEEASE tell me that the rolls on Carnival are served warm! Anybody?!

I am sailing on the Conquest if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Quick, stupid question. I am a bread fanatic. I have been on 2 Princess cruises and their dinner rolls were not served warm and I was not very happy! I promise I am not one to be picky but i LOOOVE me some carbs!!

PLLEEASE tell me that the rolls on Carnival are served warm! Anybody?!

I am sailing on the Conquest if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

I don't remember them being warm enough to melt the butter quickly, but they were not cold!

My favorite bread I have ever had on a carnival shihp was on the Pride in 2004....they served an olive bread that was to die for. When they brought out the bread, it was always the first to go:D

I love the tomato rolls. I am not normally a bread maker but I knew they used sun dried tomatoes and after about 6 tries I finally got them to taste close to the ones they serve at dinner on the ship.

The butter used to be served cold and I would take the little packet and cup it in my hands to soften it up. Now they serve it at room temp. and it is soft.

I wouldn't say the bread is hot but most of the time it is at least warm.

Thank you everyone for your responses!

I love my bread served warm so maybe they will be able to heat it up for me?!? I don't want to be "that high maintenance" person though!

As long as it isn't cold (like Princess's) then I should be good!

Excellent idea, except I just had this sitcom vision of the waiter putting the rolls in his arm pits! :eek:

LOL, I NEVER OF HOW STUPID THAT MIGHT BE!!! MY BAD!

i needed a good laught, we've had 6+inches of rain and we are going crazy!

who knows, maybe they will do it....armpit????

I love my bread served warm so maybe they will be able to heat it up for me?!? I don't want to be "that high maintenance" person though! !

:D Please don't even ask. We'd all love having steaming hot rolls/bread. However, the waiters have enough to do w/o heating bread for individuals.

The bread baskets leave the kitchen warm, after sitting briefly in warming ovens. By the time they get to the table, they're, as Joe said, 'room temp'.

And yes, to me, the sundried tomato bread is the best, followed by the soft dinner rolls, and my least favorite, hard rolls.

Archived