Concierge on the Pearl

We will be sailing on the Pearl on November 30th and were wondering who the concierge is on this ship. We have sailed three times on the Dawn and Claudio the concierge was wonderful each time. Also, are the perks on the AE Suite on the Pearl the same as on the Dawn?

Thanks!:)

CaptainChoppers,

Our concierge on the Pearl for March 2007 sailing was Carlos and he was the best concierge we have had yet! We had dinner reservations that we changed twice and he had no problem with it. Also at one time we needed seating for 8 at Cagneys, again he bent over backwards for us. We had so many things going on at once,but he seemed to work everything out with our schedules.

I don't know how the Dawn compares as we haven't sailed on her yet.

You'll love the Pearl.

NCL SSNorway Eastern Caribbean Feb.1995

Imperial Majesty Bahamas Oct.1999

NCL Sea Texaribbean Oct.2000

NCL Wind Alaska June2002

Celebrity Murcury Mexican Riviera Oct.2005

NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean Mar.2007

NCL Sun Western Caribbean Oct.2007

NCL Star Mexican Riviera Jan.2008

Claudio will be on the Gem and Alexander (he is with Lisa) the best Concierge in the NCL fleet, should be both on vacation! Carlos...have no clue and wish not to have him again anyhow!

The Suites are basically the same, just different decoration and I would even say the Pearl has better stuff since they learn from every ship to get better!

I will be on the Pearl end of September and just hope Alex will be still there!

Claudio will be on the Gem and Alexander (he is with Lisa) the best Concierge in the NCL fleet, should be both on vacation! Carlos...have no clue and wish not to have him again anyhow!

The Suites are basically the same, just different decoration and I would even say the Pearl has better stuff since they learn from every ship to get better!

I will be on the Pearl end of September and just hope Alex will be still there!

We had Alex on our June 17th cruise on the Pearl. He did mention something about taking some time off in October, I think, to go home to Australia to celebrate his 30th birthday.

So hopefully Alex will still be on the Pearl when you cruise the end of September!

I agree that Alex Claudio and Carlos are great as Concierge. We had Carlos on our Alaska cruise on the Star last summer and he took great care of our family. Even going out of his way to cancel a shore excursion my daughter chose not to take.

Alex was the Concierge on my last cruise in April on the Pearl. We didn't see him much but he was always available when we needed anything.

Claudio was on the Dawn with us and he was constantly checking on my daughters and myself to see if we needed anything.

The only time I have had a Concierge that totally ignored us was on the Norway. So bad I have forgotten her name. Never contacted us and never answered her phone when we called.

I agree that Alex Claudio and Carlos are great as Concierge. We had Carlos on our Alaska cruise on the Star last summer and he took great care of our family. Even going out of his way to cancel a shore excursion my daughter chose not to take.

Alex was the Concierge on my last cruise in April on the Pearl. We didn't see him much but he was always available when we needed anything.

Claudio was on the Dawn with us and he was constantly checking on my daughters and myself to see if we needed anything.

The only time I have had a Concierge that totally ignored us was on the Norway. So bad I have forgotten her name. Never contacted us and never answered her phone when we called.

Might this have been Sarah Rio?

PE

I believe we must have had that same concierge on the Crown to Bermuda in 2004. She seemed a very nice lady. We spent time together at the Captain's party in his personal suite, chuckling about everyone's dilemma trying to hold drinks and hors d'ouvres durng an incredibly rough storm. She showed me a spot to jam myself between a bookcase and a wall so I would be stationary -- and able to chuckle. :o

BUT -- that was the extent of her service. The Crown was not really freestyle back then so we didn't need her very much. Good thing! She never answered her phone or returned voice messages.

Big Mamma was for years on the Norway...Ruth Hagger! Sarah Rio is now in Corporate Office responisble for new hires!

I believe the Concierge that chose to ignore my daughter and I on the Norway was Sarah Rio. It was not Ruth. I have had Ruth as Concierge on several cruises on the Dawn and Jewel and she treated us wonderfully.

Ruth was good, but her time is over! I do not balme her after so many years, you just can not be so happy and good anymore!

I had very good and the worst experiences with her!

Wow...I just had Ruth as concierge on the Jewel, (6-12-07). I would definetly say her time is NOT over.

We were treated extremely well and no request was denied.

The service was on par with what we have received from Claudio or Alex.

I also enjoyed visiting with Ruth almost daily in our cabin.

With long contracts and new ships having more suites job burnout is bound to occur, but we did not see this in Ruth.

Sneakerstud perhaps you requested more from Ruth then could possibly be delivered. As a past NCL concierge you know how impossible some passengers can be.

Lets say it that way...I'm most pleassuarble to the crew, since I know what they go through! If even the easiest things are not taken care off and somebody is extremely rude and unprofessional...then I'm sorry!

I do not need the service of the Concierge (normally) since I do all my reserves directly with the Hotel Director!

I don't think we know Carlos, but we sure know Alex Forbes, Claudio and Ruth Haggar.

I'm amazed that there was a complaint about Ruth, actually about any of them. They are all marvelous. The only problem we had with any was that Claudio thought we didn't like him on our first cruise with him because of a problem with a restaurant.

But that wasn't it. Claudio INSISTED the problem was HIS fault and we insisted it was the fault of the mgr of Tapanaki (or whatever the hibachi is called). Kind of backwards that we did NOT blame the Concierge and the Concierge blamed himself! In fact, we thought the WORLD of Claudio and the next time we were on the Dawn, it was all cleared up! We look forward to cruising with all three of them again!

NPP, once upon a time we didn't know what to do when we had a concierge. That was on the Dream. Carlos was, in fact, the concierge for that baltic capitals trip. Do you remember dining at the Captain's table? Carlos was the one who arranged that after we met him at the cocktail party. Ring a bell? Apart from that, I don't think he did much else for us, but the Dream is quite a different story in most respects from the other ships anyway.

We had Carlos on the Star last August. He was wonderful, up there with Alex. He was very attentive and there was nothing he would not do for us. He arranged dinner with the Captain, a bridge tour while in Galcier Bay, and a very enjoyable time onboard the beautiful Star. He was always available to all the suites. :)

I'm really looking forward to our AC Suite on the Sun next February. Hope to have better service than our last suite. We had an AC on the Jewel in '06 and the concierge was that young girl (I think her name was Marike). I hate to say it, but she was awful (I believe I read later that she was not with NCL any longer:) ). Only saw her in the embarkation lounge in Miami. We got tender tickets, etc, but they were just left in the room. Fortunately we had a great butler (Maxi) :D who did everything for us that the concierge should have (restaurant reservations, etc). We gave him a nice tip. Marike didn't get anything.

I'm really looking forward to our AC Suite on the Sun next February. Hope to have better service than our last suite. We had an AC on the Jewel in '06 and the concierge was that young girl (I think her name was Marike). I hate to say it, but she was awful (I believe I read later that she was not with NCL any longer:) ). Only saw her in the embarkation lounge in Miami. We got tender tickets, etc, but they were just left in the room. Fortunately we had a great butler (Maxi) :D who did everything for us that the concierge should have (restaurant reservations, etc). We gave him a nice tip. Marike didn't get anything.

I got Mareike fired! She was just a bitch! Nothing better, more attitude and busy to date all the bridge guys! It was also the 1st time I didn't tip a Concierge!

NPP, once upon a time we didn't know what to do when we had a concierge. That was on the Dream. Carlos was, in fact, the concierge for that baltic capitals trip. Do you remember dining at the Captain's table? Carlos was the one who arranged that after we met him at the cocktail party. Ring a bell? Apart from that, I don't think he did much else for us, but the Dream is quite a different story in most respects from the other ships anyway.

As I age, memory is the second thing to go.....

You wield such impressive power.:eek:

PE

I had the same thought. Hope I never offend him. Scary!!! I would hate to think that one persons word could effect the highly professional career of such a memorabe person as Ruth Hagger. We have sailed with her many times including on the Rogue Wave (hate to mention it) but in times of stress and some panic, she came thru like the pro she is. It was awesome to watch. No small fete.

She was or maybe is wonderful again! I could not believe how she was treating me and my friends, when we sailed in the Garden Villa last December on the Pearl. I was not the only one who complained about Ruth and actually NCL decited out of this, that she is not the opening new ship Concierge anymore and gave Claudio the honor.

And YES I do have some POWER!!!

Archived