Concierge on the Pearl

She was or maybe is wonderful again! I could not believe how she was treating me and my friends, when we sailed in the Garden Villa last December on the Pearl. I was not the only one who complained about Ruth and actually NCL decited out of this, that she is not the opening new ship Concierge anymore and gave Claudio the honor.

And YES I do have some POWER!!!

I believe the Hotel Director, that is bringing the new ship out, chooses his/her team. I also understand that Ruth requested to NOT be the concierge for this new ship. Yes, it is an honor to bring out a new ship but I'll bet it is an extraordinary amount of work considering they are doing their regular job along with working out the kinks of a new ship.

PE<---thinks some people can be demanding beyond reason sometimes...

You wield such impressive power.:eek:

PE

Never get on a King's bad side!

We've been with Ruth once and my mom wasn't too keen on her because she found her a bit aloof. I thought she was ok but no one is better than Alex!

So does anybody know who the concierge is on the Sun? We're doing a Halloween cruise Oct. 27th, to Western Caribbean. I'am curious as to what type of person we'll be having.

Thanks

NCL SSNorway Eastern Caribbean Feb.1995

Imperial Majesty Bahamas Oct.1999

NCL Sea Texaribbean Oct.2000

NCL Wind Alaska June2002

Celebrity Mercury Mexican Riviera Oct.2005

NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean Mar.2007

NCL Sun Western Caribbean Oct.2007

NCL Mexican Riveria Jan.2008

Ruth aloof? You gotta be kidding me! We've sailed with Ruthie on the Dawn 3 times and on the Jewel twice and "aloof" is NOT a word I would use to describe her. Even with my 80 year old slightly odd (and occasionally annoying) mother, our CONSTANTLY messing up the key cards, Ruth was an angel and a tower of patience--and that was before we knew her!

Now it's possible you caught her at the (which I find hard to believe) one time she was off her form--or maybe you just never are satisfied and go beyond being difficult to being impossible. EVERY concierge seems to have endless patience, but they don't and their limits can be reached.

I find it amazing that you, Sneakerstud, have managed to have problems with TWO concierges and we've never had trouble with any--my wife reminds me that we DID have Carlos on the Dream (I don't remember who we had in 2003 on the Star). And I say that KNOWING we have driven both Ruthie and Claudio crazy!

Ruthie's on the Jewel and not on the Pearl because she wants to be on the Jewel.

"She was or maybe is wonderful again! I could not believe how she was treating me and my friends, when we sailed in the Garden Villa last December on the Pearl."

There are two sides to that story.

"I was not the only one who complained about Ruth and actually NCL decited out of this, that she is not the opening new ship Concierge anymore and gave Claudio the honor."

As mentioned earlier, Ruth "decited" not to bring the Gem out. She has encouraged and assisted Claudio in this task.

"And YES I do have some POWER!!!"

No comment.

Ruth aloof? You gotta be kidding me! We've sailed with Ruthie on the Dawn 3 times and on the Jewel twice and "aloof" is NOT a word I would use to describe her. Even with my 80 year old slightly odd (and occasionally annoying) mother, our CONSTANTLY messing up the key cards, Ruth was an angel and a tower of patience--and that was before we knew her!

Now it's possible you caught her at the (which I find hard to believe) one time she was off her form--or maybe you just never are satisfied and go beyond being difficult to being impossible. EVERY concierge seems to have endless patience, but they don't and their limits can be reached.

Maybe aloof is not a word you would use to describe your experience with Ruth but that was my mother's opinion, which she is entitled to. If you re-read my post you will see that I actually said I thought she was ok.

I'm definitely not a difficult or impossible passenger and the most requests we make of the concierge are dinner reservations or shore excursions when applicable and we use the butler for the occasional room service order (not a full in-suite meal).

Maybe aloof is not a word you would use to describe your experience with Ruth but that was my mother's opinion, which she is entitled to. If you re-read my post you will see that I actually said I thought she was ok.

I'm definitely not a difficult or impossible passenger and the most requests we make of the concierge are dinner reservations or shore excursions when applicable and we use the butler for the occasional room service order (not a full in-suite meal).

Mix-up on my part. Sorry--I was referring to Sneakerstud who couldn't get along with Ruth or Marike. I suspect HE is extremely difficult.

Sure, your mom is entitled to her opinion. We all are. My mom loved Ruth.

LOL...so now I'm "DIFFICULT" LOL!!! Whatever...:D

Sorry, but Ruth was on 1 cruise "horrible" where she did not do her job, lied and put a very nasty atitude torwards us and Maraike was a total NO GO!!! I did not care much about Carlos...have not seen him for almost the whole cruise and then when it became time to tip he was almost glued to our shoulder.

And by the way I do not care what Planers Edge and so on think about me...I'm not here to make friends! People who know me, know about me!

It is just pure jealousy and YES I do have maybe different expectations then most of you commoners out of the TP!

King Marcus

And by the way I do not care what Planers Edge and so on think about me...I'm not here to make friends! People who know me, know about me!

It is just pure jealousy and YES I do have maybe different expectations then most of you commoners out of the TP!

King Marcus

Such arrogance.:confused:

PE<---buh bye...

I am so surprised to read such negative comments regarding Ruth Haggar. My husband as I sailed with Ruth in September, 2005 and then again in February, 2006 on the Jewel and then on the Pearl in February, 2007. I think she does an excellent job and has a very warm and caring personality. She was very efficient getting dinner reservations for us when we needed them. Always asking if we needed anything and found the time to chat with us when she saw us on the ship Certainly one of the best concierges we have sailed with.

I guess everyone has different expections, and perhaps some have a little to many, but to me she is on the top of my list.

Sandy

Sorry, but Ruth was on 1 cruise "horrible" where she did not do her job, lied and put a very nasty atitude torwards us and Maraike was a total NO GO!!! I did not care much about Carlos...have not seen him for almost the whole cruise and then when it became time to tip he was almost glued to our shoulder.

That's 3 concierges you had problems with... and counting. I hope neither Claudio nor Alex Forbes crosses your path

And by the way I do not care what Planers Edge and so on think about me...

I'm sure Planers Edge is heartbroken.

I'm not here to make friends!

THEN YOU'VE CERTAINLY COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!

People who know me, know about me!

King Marcus

Pardon this commoner's ignorance, but...what is TP? (other than shorthand for bathroom tissue)

BTW, where do you come off looking down at other cruisers as commoners? Just because you've been in the Garden Villa? Don't go there-you won't like it!

People really do have different expectations and different experiences with concierges. I remember how surprised I was to read about how so many people disliked cruise director Ricky Matthews but I really liked him. It could have been because he was a good CD or because it was my first NCL cruise and I thought everything about it was great. We've never had a bad concierge but we felt more comfortable with some than others.

People really do have different expectations and different experiences with concierges. I remember how surprised I was to read about how so many people disliked cruise director Ricky Matthews but I really liked him. It could have been because he was a good CD or because it was my first NCL cruise and I thought everything about it was great. We've never had a bad concierge but we felt more comfortable with some than others.

And Marcus

Hey, I detest ALL Cruise Directors with the exception of Andrew Graham, who once was (and still may be) on Cunard. So I don't worry about them beyond how well they schedule activities (like ballroom dancing,which we love).

Thank you Niya! I am...LOL! Just the other once do not know!:D

You should come with us on the Panama Canal cruise, it would be so much fun! By the way...when do you fly to Europe? In 2 weeks I will be already over, meet some friends there and we party in the beach clubs and so on in Mallorca and Ibiza!

o.k., o.k. Cool your jets please. Now that Anca is going to the Dawn and as retiredonthesea wants to know who is the new Concierge on the SUN. I want to know also.

Snowman,

Doesn't seem that anyone cares about our question!:confused: I thought that's what the boards where about-helping people out. If no one knows just say so.

Retiredonthesea

Snowman,

Doesn't seem that anyone cares about our question!:confused: I thought that's what the boards where about-helping people out. If no one knows just say so.

Retiredonthesea

Maybe more people would see your question and answer about the concierge for the Sun if you started a new thread, titled concierge on the NCL Sun. This thread is about the concierge for the Pearl;)

Snowman,

Retiredonthesea

I don't know - do the want the other 500,000 who don't know to respond. Until someone sails with the new concierge nobody will know for sure who is onboard.

Archived