Return from San Pedro to LAX

diablob

Hi. I am new to this board, and I am sure you have seen this question a million times, but does anyone know if its just better to book the transfers back from San Pedro to LAX or grab a cab? Also, does anyone know how much a cab would cost??

Thanks

We took Super Shuttle for $17.00 pp. I had made reservations before the cruise, but others have said that they just go up to the representative and sign up after the cruise.

We took a taxi last fall and it ended up costing about $49 or so. Not bad when split between several people. We waited in line for about 15-20 minutes to get the cab but that was nothing compared to waiting for busses. I'll never do cruise transfers again... well not in the States anyway.

The only bad experience we had with Cruise Transfers and not the fault of the lines, was end of Panama Cruise and due to heavy seas from San Franscisco to Seattle, were 2 hrs late. The buses had to wait on everyone else to get off and being 30 min from Terminal, told us if we had flights prior to 3 PM to get the cab. I wonder how many of those on the bus didn't know that. needless to say, Princess reimbursed our transfers.

We asked to get off the ship early, got the red 1 tags, walked out and into a cab and to the airport ASAP. It was a Friday morning. We had time to spare for a 12:30 departure.

www.gosedan.com will give you a private ride in a regular large car or limo and be waiting for you at the pier for $74 gratuities included - really not much more than a cab when you add $10 gratuity. You can order ahead and put it on your CC card.

Ron

We are returning to San Pedro in August and currently have an 11:15 AM flight booked at LAX. Is that doable?

Our other cruises have all been out of Ft. Lauderdale and that would work fine as they start off boarding at 7:00 or 7:30. Some of the posts I have read seem to indicate that maybe Sab Pedro runs later and our return flight to the east coast might be scheduled too early.

Anyone have any recent experience at San Pedro?

For the LAX to and from San Pedro we were extremely pleased with the Princess transfers. We had no waits in either direction and to get off the ship you are placed in a group color that are with other Princess transfers. Some are those that have flights that leave before 12:30 and others are after 12:30 flights. We had a 12:31 flight so we were with that crowd and we left a good hour before we thought we would be leaving from the ship as they were calling group names quickly. The Princess transfer is 25 a person one way and 50 a person round trip.

Archived