Painted Toes or Not???

I paint mine during the summer to jazz up my sandal-feet a little bit. I think feet are really ugly (in general) and I'll do anything to make them look a little better. I don't paint them in the winter time though because no one sees them all snuggled up in snow boots. I consider that my 'lazy' season....less painting and less shaving! :D

I like toenails painted. Usually in a neutral color (at least for cruises). I also like the toenail to be trimmed very short which eliminates the french manicure look. Several nights a week, I slather my feet in Vics vapor rub cover them with thick cotton socks and sleep that way. It leaves your feet soooooo soft. I think everyone who wears sandals ought to put at least clear coat of polish on.:D

I always have my toes painted. Normally I keep a very light color on them, but for special occasions I'll go brighter, sometimes :) . I have not decided what I will do for tomorrow's cruise, yet, though. I have a manicure and pedicure this afternoon!

jhsieh - you can have a french even on short nails. The techs know how to 'fake' it :)

Always, I don't think I've gone without toenail polish in over 35 years.

One of my "treats" to myself is getting pedicures, year round. In the winter I can go 5-6 weeks, summer I set appointments up for every 3 weeks.

In sandals, I really pefer the look of painted toenails--it just loks more finished to me. I like a bright color, but not too dark, and don't like the way French pedicures look--just a personal peference.

I get my toes done in the summer, and before our ski trips in the winter because my toes will be exposed in the hot tub. The rest of the winter, I don't bother.

I usually keep my toenails polished. Sometimes I go au naturel, but my toes look like little corpses without polish.:D

When we go on vacation I use a light color so little chips won't have to be touched up until I get back home.

My favorite color has been discontinued: Mary Kay's Mystic Mauve.:rolleyes:

I get a pedi every month during the summer, only once or twice in the winter months, usually for a winter cruise. :) I like the orange/coral colors for summer. OPI's Strawberried in the Sand is my favorite color.

I keep my toenails painted in bright colors in the summer because they're exposed so much. A couple of pedicures ago, I painted them bright pink with little daisy decals....so cute. :D

I try to give my toenails a break from the polish in the winter....no one sees them anyway, unless it's a special occasion where I have to wear open-toe shoes...then I'll polish them. :)

Is anyone bothered by non-painted toes? I too am not a foot person so anything to dress them up a bit is a very good thing. I would much prefer to see painted toes than non-painted toes,:eek: . Very interesting about the vics and socks. I always have to pumice my heels because they get rough. I swim laps almost everyday and I think the chlorine dries my feet out faster???? I will try that later this week.:D

Is anyone bothered by non-painted toes? I too am not a foot person so anything to dress them up a bit is a very good thing. I would much prefer to see painted toes than non-painted toes,:eek: . Very interesting about the vics and socks. I always have to pumice my heels because they get rough. I swim laps almost everyday and I think the chlorine dries my feet out faster???? I will try that later this week.:D

What other people wear on their toes doesn't bother me one way or the other, as long as their feet are well kept. Although I try not to look, dirty unkempt feet really gross me out. It doesn't matter what shape their feet are in, most feet are not that attractive, but dirty with cracked heels is pure laziness on women or men.

It's right up there with non-flossed teeth :eek:

Always, I don't think I've gone without toenail polish in over 35 years.

One of my "treats" to myself is getting pedicures, year round. In the winter I can go 5-6 weeks, summer I set appointments up for every 3 weeks.

I've got a repetoir of colors for tosies n nails..

When I met my best friend around 25 year ago she thought that only hussys painted their toe nails. It was only a matter of time before I converted her to being a hussy also!!

count me in on the Hussy club too!

I think for the upcoming Canada/ NE cruise I will have pink toes with a daisy flower to complete the look!:p

I paint my toes in the summer too. Usually a beige color so I don't have to touch it up. I use color for special occasions/outfits to match my fingers.

Vick's works great for nasty toes - like yellowed from fungus. I had one that was turning yellow and was looking at a prescription in a magazine. I hated the possible side effects. Before I asked my doctor I saw in another magazine to apply Vicks. I bought the cheaper brand at WalMart, applying it 2 - 3 times a day and WOW! It worked - it took a little while but the outcome was fantastic, with no side effects.

count me in the painted group. In the summer I tend to stick with bronzes or deep reds.

I like to think I don't really pay attention to other people's feet, but what I absolutely hate is chipped off polish. :rolleyes:

I paint my toes in the summer too. Usually a beige color so I don't have to touch it up. I use color for special occasions/outfits to match my fingers.

Vick's works great for nasty toes - like yellowed from fungus. I had one that was turning yellow and was looking at a prescription in a magazine. I hated the possible side effects. Before I asked my doctor I saw in another magazine to apply Vicks. I bought the cheaper brand at WalMart, applying it 2 - 3 times a day and WOW! It worked - it took a little while but the outcome was fantastic, with no side effects.

For those of you with fungus toenails, if you're worried about the possible side effects of a pill you take, there's an over the counter treatment called Fungoid Tincture. It comes in a little bottle with an application brush, and you brush it on the fungus toenails...no worries out side effects, and no pills to take! :D

I like toenails painted. Usually in a neutral color (at least for cruises). I also like the toenail to be trimmed very short which eliminates the french manicure look. Several nights a week, I slather my feet in Vics vapor rub cover them with thick cotton socks and sleep that way. It leaves your feet soooooo soft. I think everyone who wears sandals ought to put at least clear coat of polish on.:D

I'm going to try the Vics rub tonight....what a novel idea.

Marleneann.

Archived