Is port or starboard cabin for Alaskan cruise

stuNYC

We are on the Mercury in a port cabin with balancy. Does it make a difference which side of the ship you are to see the Hubbard Glacier and other sites while cruising through the inside passage?

I hoped to sit on my balcony with a glass of champagne or Jack and watch the wonders of Alaska pass by up close and personal.

DW and I leave on the 7/27 sailing. I can't wait!

Well since you are sailing soon it probably doesn't matter since you wouldn't be able to change cabins now. :) You will have nice views from either side. For part of the passage better views on one side and for another portion of the passage better views from the other side. For the glacier while at times you'll have nice views from your verandah I would also encourage you to go outside on the open deck for the best views. Many of your fellow passengers will be out there too.

Keith

On Alaska cruises, it really makes no difference. While at the Glacier the ship will rotate so that all wll get excellent views. When cruising the inside passage, what you don't see going up you will see coming back.

Archived