Have a question about Blue Hawaiian Helicopters?

cal101

Four of us will be on the 8/4 Pride of America cruise and are very interested in doing a helicopter tour in Kauai with Blue Hawaiian. Has anyone done this tour and can you tell me what is the best way to get there from the ship? I think I read somewhere that it is only 1/2 mile from the ship and we could walk it. Is this true? We still haven't decided whether to rent a car in Kaui or not, so this may be the deciding factor.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

On my Honeymoon cruise (just recently posted a review --Nov 6), we did an excursion with Blue Hawaiian...I would highly recommend this company. Very profesional. See my review for further information.....The walk was maybe a half-mile....Did not seem that long though. You meet at the Harbour Mall, where they weigh you, and go over all the safety information....No car was needed...We did not pick up our car until after the tour. This was the best exursion we did.....You will be very happy......any other questions, let me know.

We flew with Blue Hawaiian this year (out of Kona on the Big Island). I would also highly recommend them...in fact, I wouldn't consider any other helicopter company on the Islands. We're be using them again this next year for their Kauai tour.

If I remember correctly, the airport is fairly close to the port, but I wouldn't plan to walk. You could rent a car, unless you are going to do a lot of other sightseeing on the Island, you could just take a taxi back and forth.

I just checked the price last night on their website, it is $199 if you book via the internet.
cool-:cool:

would you please post there site thanks Oh bye the way have you taken this tour, i"m a little afraid thanks for any input. Gloria

Just got back took the blue hawaiian Kaui tour it was great, great pilot very professional, if you get motion sickness my daughter does take something, it is the only way to really see Kaui I was advised to do this first and then you can decide what you want to visit more of on the island- we actually took the road trip after the helicopter the next day to the canyon it we probably could have skipped and done something else (unless you have time to do a hike) as the helicopter provides great views of the canyon.

We ended up going to Ke'e beach near princeville after we viewed the north end by helicopter near princeville, it was great with views of the begining of napali coast (right next to a state park) decent snorkeling the surf was calm that day to swim absolutely beautiful.

Archived