Anyone else think it is time for a separate NCLA board

shoreguy

Should NCLA have it's own board ?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Should NCLA have it's own board ?

• Yes- it makes sense
    • No - Can't think of a reason to separate
    • I could care less

All the other cruise companies have boards by brand. Why should the two cruiselines run by NCL Corp be lumped together. This is no different at this point then putting Cunard and Carnival on the same board or Celebrity and RCCL. The products are totally different. In my opinion dividing the board would help resolve a lot of the confusion. Your thoughts ?

The problem that I see is that NCL still lumps them together! Look at their advertizing, look at their website, look at their booklets. All of their literature shows both the NCL ships and the NCLA ships.

I think NCL does this to save advertizing and printing costs.

But perhaps NCL better do some seperating of the two themselves. So many people think that NCL and NCLA are one and the same and so a bad experience on NCLA means that the whole line is bad! NCL might want to seriously consider spinning off the NCLA brand and distancing that from the NCL international ships before NCLA's bad reputation tarnishes the whole cruise line. (which I think is already happening!)

They should be separate boards because the two products are without a doubt different.

Unfortunately, KeystoneCruiser makes good points - NCL still lumps them together in their marketing, so it's very difficult to separate them in the public's perception.

They should be separate boards because the two products are without a doubt different.

Unfortunately, KeystoneCruiser makes good points - NCL still lumps them together in their marketing, so it's very difficult to separate them in the public's perception.

Well at least Cruise Critic can separate them for the good of the cruising public.

Separate them, most definitely. I get tired of reading pax with a bad experience on NCLA saying they will never cruise NCL again and down mouthing the NCL when their complaint is against NCLA.

Even though NCL doesn't do a good job separating the two entities on their site, CC can separate the two entities here and it's high time it was done.

Thanks Shoreguy.

Dianne

I want ithem to stay together. With all of the bad reviews and comments, Hopefully it will keep people from cruising NCL altogether. Both cruise lines are a bad.

On a recent flight from Hawaii, a couple sitting in front of me just were off the POH. They had NOTHING good to say about their experience. Talking with them really helped the time to pass and hopefully the other passengers sitting around us, hearing how bad the POH is will never cruise any ship of NCL.

I want ithem to stay together. With all of the bad reviews and comments, Hopefully it will keep people from cruising NCL altogether. Both cruise lines are a bad.

On a recent flight from Hawaii, a couple sitting in front of me just were off the POH. They had NOTHING good to say about their experience. Talking with them really helped the time to pass and hopefully the other passengers sitting around us, hearing how bad the POH is will never cruise any ship of NCL.

That's too bad for you but good for those like DH & I that love NCL. Have never cruised NCLA and don't know if we ever will but we love NCL.

Dianne

It is a proven fact that those who have had a bad experience are far more likely to write letters of complaint or voice their complaints loudly than those who have had a good experience.

To get an accurate demographic of good experiences vs. bad experiences, you must divide the number of bad reports by 2 to compensate for the good experiences not reported.

The only difference is an a at the end of their names and more Americans. They have the same menus, same pay restaruants, same freestyle cruising same long waits, same $10 service charge.

Not exactly - different menus, far different wait times if any, and a very different $10 service charge.

The only difference is an a at the end of their names and more Americans. They have the same menus, same pay restaruants, same freestyle cruising same long waits, same $10 service charge.

This is exactly why we should have different sections for NCL and NCLA.

This is the exact type of misinformation that results from lack of accurate knowledge concerning the differences between the two lines.

NCL and Colin are fully responsible for NCLA. They should live or die by the same sword. PS I enjoyed my NCL cruise (Not as nice as my anytme Princess cruise however. We will find out about NCLA in August.

FB

They have the same menus, same pay restaruants, same freestyle cruising same long waits, same $10 service charge.

Funny, I have never had more than a 5 minute wait on any NCL (or NCLA for that matter) cruise that I have taken. That is why there are two sides to every issue.

....and the $10 a day is completely different...goes to a tip pool on NCL and is a "resort charge" on NCLA.

All the other cruise companies have boards by brand. Why should the two cruiselines run by NCL Corp be lumped together. This is no different at this point then putting Cunard and Carnival on the same board or Celebrity and RCCL. The products are totally different. In my opinion dividing the board would help resolve a lot of the confusion. Your thoughts ?

Shoreguy, you're brilliant! Hopefully the CC Powers That Be will take notice. Besides, I'm a little tired of reading about the complaints of NCLA. Actually, I don't read them anymore, I'm just tired of "seeing" them.

Great Idea!

Romy

All the other cruise companies have boards by brand. Why should the two cruiselines run by NCL Corp be lumped together. This is no different at this point then putting Cunard and Carnival on the same board or Celebrity and RCCL. The products are totally different. In my opinion dividing the board would help resolve a lot of the confusion.

Shoreguy states the case very clearly, and having separate boards for NCL and NCLA would separate our discussion of the two cruise lines which operate under the same parent corporation.

The difference is you can't book a Cunard cruise on the Carnival website. NCL wants them to be together or else they would have separated them.

Archived