Anyone else think it is time for a separate NCLA board

shoreguy

Should NCLA have it's own board ?  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Should NCLA have it's own board ?

• Yes- it makes sense
    • No - Can't think of a reason to separate
    • I could care less

They have a relationship to host Cruise Critic parties. But that has nothing to do with how the board is run. Again, no one has asked for a separate board. The OP hasn't even asked for it and it's his thread. It looks like this is just a place to discuss a new board but no one wants to actually see about getting it. I never asked for a separate board because I don't think one is needed. But if other members do, they should speak up.

Done ;)

Done ;)
Great! If she asks my opinion, I'll make sure she sees this thread and also give her information on how much NCLA talk happens here, etc. We've never discussed a separate board and I never thought one was needed but if it's come time to have something new, I don't see why the members couldn't be accommodated. I do still see a problem with members discussing NCLA on the NCL board. If that happens, I don't know how useful a new board will be.

Great! If she asks my opinion, I'll make sure she sees this thread and also give her information on how much NCLA talk happens here, etc. We've never discussed a separate board and I never thought one was needed but if it's come time to have something new, I don't see why the members couldn't be accommodated. I do still see a problem with members discussing NCLA on the NCL board. If that happens, I don't know how useful a new board will be.

I'm sure there willbe a learning process... like with anything new. In time perhaps all will settle in.

This is the exact type of misinformation that results from lack of accurate knowledge concerning the differences between the two lines.

But if that helps achieve his goal of no one cruising either line, I expect misinformation from him.

I forget why he's in the ignore file---Oh yes, now I remember

OK guys, I don't mean to be dumb but what is NCLA? We've been on two NCL cruises and loved them, but I'm not sure what NCLA stand for. Please teach me... :o

NCLA= Norwegian Cruise Line America.

The American flagged cruise ships that sail the Hawaiian cruises. Means the ships have to have a certain percentage of American workers.

Pride of Hawaii(which will leave, be reflagged and become NCL Jade)

Pride of Aloha (Old NCL Sky)

Pride of American (keel of the old USS Independance <I think>)

:)

I think separating NCLA out from NCL would be a fantastic idea. I often try to keep up with what people have to say about their Hawaii cruises as I am interested in taking one in the future. This way, I wouldn't have to sift through all the other ships. Great idea!!:)

• Administrators

I've looked at NCL's website; and note that they market all their ships in one place. There is no separate website for NCLA ships.

On our own site, we have ONE cruise line profile -- for NCL only. We do not have a separate cruise line profile for NCLA. ALL of the ships in their fleet are listed in one place......there is no separation.

So, this forum will stay as is. One forum for all of NCL's products -- whether under the subsidiary of NCLA or the parent company.

LauraS

Archived