CruisePoints Credit Card

cbpanda

Has anyone applied for or used the cruisepoints credit card? We have seen ads for this card recently but are wary of the fine print.

The ad claims that points earned on the card can be used for discounts on any cruise line provided that you book through their agent.

I am in the process of doing some research on this promotion and thought it might be wise to ask and see if anyone here has looked into it as well.

Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

TIA

The ad claims that points earned on the card can be used for discounts on any cruise line provided that you book through their agent.

TIA

This is the part of the fine print that would tell me to throw this offer away. Booking through their agent usually means you pay brochure rate and that is what they discount. You can find offers that would be better without using their agent anyday.

I have found that the majority of these cards are worthless, with too much fine print etc.

The worst one I ever had was the GM card.

Like they say if sounds too good to be true it probably is. :(

This is the part of the fine print that would tell me to throw this offer away. Booking through their agent usually means you pay brochure rate and that is what they discount. You can find offers that would be better without using their agent anyday.

This is what we've found, also. You're better off booking with a "brick and mortar" TA or an online TA. When you use the credit card TA you get the brochure rate (as Toto said). You can get a much better price with someone else :) .

Archived