Beer on board

bigwuhead

Hi Everyone,

I'll be sailing on my second HAL cruise this December, however this will be my boyfriends first and he is asking about what types of beer are served on board. Can anyone give me an idea. I can't remember from my last cruise. We will be aboard the Zuiderdamn.

Thank you!

Cristina

If I order beer, I always order Grolsch when aboard HAL - seems to settle my tummy after a tough day ashore or a long afternoon by the pool...

;)

Isnt that the beer that comes in a big bottle with the ceramic stopper? its a lager isnt it?

Isnt that the beer that comes in a big bottle with the ceramic stopper? its a lager isnt it?

Yes, but the stopper is now plastic. My DW asked what type of beer it was & I was telling her it had a ceramic stopper & she didn't believe me so I ordered one only to find out it was plastic. She still thought it was cool (the idea of the stopper itself).

Yes, but the stopper is now plastic. My DW asked what type of beer it was & I was telling her it had a ceramic stopper & she didn't believe me so I ordered one only to find out it was plastic. She still thought it was cool (the idea of the stopper itself).

thanks, its been a long time since i've had one. I'll probably be ordering them on the next trip if they dont have any Alaska Amber aboard

Try this thread, especially post #9 ...

Welcome to the HAL forum! :)

John,

Now, that's funny! I remember that earlier thread, but I didn't realize that post #9 was mine until I just re-read it . Like that one, the title of this one caught my eye (something about the word "beer" does that to me. :D )

bigwuhead,

I won't repeat all of my earlier post, but basicallly HAL has an OK but not large selection of beers, probably because of contractual and storage issues. But, while you might not find your favorite beer, you likely will find somthing you like. I'm usually with Brain (bepsf) and order the Grolsh.

Ein prosit,

Dave

I apologize for this off-topic comment; I just noticed the Lazarus Long quote in your signature. Our local newspaper just ran an article based on readers' submissions of their 10 favorite books; my list included a dual #8 - Time Enough for Love and Stranger in a Strange Land. Dorcas is my hero(ine). I now return this thread to your regular program:rolleyes:

Archived