Cruise Docs...

So our cruise docs arrived today for our FOS sailing late next month...

Is there anything else I need to do with this in the meantime? I've already checked in online and printed the set sail pass. Since I've done this, am I still supposed to fill out the Charge Account & Cruise Ticket info?

I'm honestly a bit surprised that we've already received our docs...I LOVE THE DOC DANCE!!!

You don't need to fill out anything else. All you really need to take with you is your Setsail Pass, and of course a credit card or cash.

We always take our document book along with us, in a different carry-on from the one I have, in case mine gets lost or stolen, we still have the documentation with us.

Hypo

Ok, this may be a stupid question but this will be our 1st cruise in December, is there something I need to do prior to the cruise to receive the docs? Also, whats included in the docs?

Thanks

I was told that all of our docs would be electronic! I guess I'll be calling the cruise line! I did the online check-in!

Also, if you get all your docs electronically, how do you get your luggage tags? When I got them "hardcopy" they were self adhesive-type and a few per passenger, etc... Just curious.

- Ken

If you get your docs e-mailed, just wait til port and get tags from the porters. It's easy--it's done all the time.

All you need to board is your set-sail pass that was done online, and your IDs and $$$ of course! If you DON'T do the online setsail pass, you can fill out the hard copy that is in the docs--and present it at check-in. It will take a bit longer, but it's acceptable.

...If you DON'T do the online setsail pass, you can fill out the hard copy that is in the docs--and present it at check-in. It will take a bit longer, but it's acceptable.

Take the time to complete your setsail pass on-line, it is worth the time saver when you get to port.

Chicago Jayhawk , you might want to check the excursions part of RCCI's web site. You do not have to order any of them on line, but you might like to see what is available. The reason I say this is that some very popular excursions sell out very fast such as the America's Cup yacht racing excursion. If you order your excursions on line, you must do so up to ten days before the cruise. At ten days before the cruise, the on line option is closed.

Some passengers do not want to book excursions on line because they prefer to wait until the day before and see what mood they are in or if they are up to an excursion or for whatever reason. Doing so may put them at risk of not getting a poplular excursion.

If you do book one or more excursions on line, when you get to your cabin on board all of your tickets will be waiting for you or delivered to you sometime the first day.

You have another option. In most RCCI ships, you can order excursions through your TV set in your cabin. You can also order them at the Explorations desk beside the Customer Service desk at certain hours which may involve rather long waits in line.

A last option is to wait until you are in port and grab a local tour operator. There will be dozens of them lined up at the port hoping for your business. These folks are much cheaper, but you may run some risks this way.

Hubby and I have tried all of the above options at one time or another.

Archived