Crown Princess - Pool??

njfirstimer

We spent most of our time in the "adults only" pool just a few steps down from the Sanctuary. Very rarely crowded. And, even if the chairs around the pool are taken, it's literally just a few steps up to a whole deck of chairs and LOTS are always available. When you get hot, it's just a few steps down to the cool water!!

I really enjoyed the Outrigger pool...also referred to as the Aft Pool...It's a great place to relax, cool off and the location is wonderful..Our cabin R734..literally 3 feet from the door to the pool area..

Carol

the aft pool is a great pool but there is not many lounge chairs near it so you have to get up pretty early in the morning to get one (which I never did). The Caribbean Princess had a ton of chairs one deck up from the pool (our favorite place last year) but one of the changes to the the Crown is that it doesn't have this. We had late dinner on the crown so I would go to the Aft pool in the late afternoon when people would leave.

The Spa pool is also a nice pool and there is a lot of lounge chairs one deck up but I like the aft better.

I really enjoyed the Outrigger pool...also referred to as the Aft Pool...It's a great place to relax, cool off and the location is wonderful..

I agree. I always head to the aft pool. It's always very civilized there.

Except for the one time that I was asked to leave by a crew member.

We love the aft pool or the Lotus Spa Pool which has the swim against the current feature. The best time to find loungers is mid to late afternoon or very early morning, but as our next cruise is quite port intensive with only one sea day, we are quite looking forward to relaxing just before dinner at the pool.

I agree. I always head to the aft pool. It's always very civilized there.

Except for the one time that I was asked to leave by a crew member.

Are any of the pools on the Crown Princess covered with a retractable roof? I am thinking of going to New Englands and Canada in October, 2007, and would like to swim even if we have a coof autumn.

Thanks

There is no retractable roof on the Crown.

The aft pool was not usually crowded but there aren't many chairs near the pool - and if I remember right, there's no hot tub back there - someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. The adults only pool near the sanctuary was my favorite spot - very peaceful and usually plenty of seating - and there are 2 hot tubs right next to the pool as well. The neptune pool was my son's favorite but also one of the more crowded - neptune also had 2 hot tubs right next to the pool. The pizza, ice cream and hamburger/hot dog counters surround neptune as well and I'm sure that's why my son loved it.

Archived