NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Just keep in mind the anniversary date is from the time you first USED the card, not received it. I lost points that way. I got the card in August, 2005 but did not use it until October, 2005. I was basing my 1000 points on August to August that I could start earning points again in September. I was wrong.

Boy, I am glad I won't have to do all this calculating among the three NCL BOA cards we have. NOT!!!!! It has definitely been worth the trouble to save over $6000 over the past three years or so. I'm going to miss it.

Is there any benefit of staying with NCL Worldpoints vs other Worldpoints cards? The Bank Americard is better at the point-earning rate...but they are making it out like you'd get better deals possibly staying with the NCL card?

I don't think the BOA point earning rate is any better than any other card rate. You may earn more points, but you need more points to get anything. The OLD NCL card was a great deal.... we really don't know what the new earning structure will be eactly, but I expect it will be just like all their other World Point Programs......... not great, and not flexible.

Your billing date in December is the end of NCL Compass Rewards. Any charges after that date go to the new NCL WorldPoints card. We will not know any info on them til we get the welcome package with the card. Right now the Worldpoints area (including B of A Signature Visa card) shows a $500 credit for $50,000 in purchases. $10,000 give $100. $1000 would give $1 but they do not do that. I am hoping with all the calls NCL has gotten from us that they are improving this for us but I don't think so.

I had a callback from marketing at HiltonHHonors about adding NCL to their cruise area. When he read thousands will sign up for the card that awoken him. He may be here reading us since I told him there is hundreds of posts on B of A changing NCL's card to WorldPoints. I told him we got a $500 cruise credit for 500 points. With the great point earning that HH gives I told him 5000 points would be fair also. Sure better than having to spend $50,000 to get 500 points to get a credit with. So now I await the result.

Edited by AFT_LOVER

Your billing date in December is the end of NCL Compass Rewards. Any charges after that date go to the new NCL WorldPoints card. We will not know any info on them til we get the welcome package with the card. Right now the Worldpoints area (including B of A Signature Visa card) shows a $500 credit for $50,000 in purchases. $10,000 give $100. $1000 would give $1 but they do not do that. I am hoping with all the calls NCL has gotten from us that they are improving this for us but I don't think so.

I had a callback from marketing at HiltonHHonors about adding NCL to their cruise area. When he read thousands will sign up for the card that awoken him. He may be here reading us since I told him there is hundreds of posts on B of A changing NCL's card to WorldPoints. I told him we got a $500 cruise credit for 500 points. With the great point earning that HH gives I told him 5000 points would be fair also. Sure better than having to spend $50,000 to get 500 points to get a credit with. So now I await the result.

"You will continue to earn Compass Rewards points for eligible transactions with your current credit card through December 31, 2008."

"What if my billing cycle ends mid-month?

You will continue accruing Compass Rewards points through December 31, 2008, regardless of when your December billing cycle ends."

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ#MidMonth

Okay.......... I am very confused, because NCL has had this posted for at least a month now. If this is not correct, then I suggest we all print it out and demand a free cruse! Who told you that you would not earn any Comass Points after your December cutoff date? When I called BOA several weeks ago, they assured me that Compass Points would be earned through December 31 and that the last "month" or portion of the month, the max points would not be prorated. WAHT IS GOING ON!

"You will continue to earn Compass Rewards points for eligible transactions with your current credit card through December 31, 2008."

"What if my billing cycle ends mid-month?

You will continue accruing Compass Rewards points through December 31, 2008, regardless of when your December billing cycle ends."

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ#MidMonth

Okay.......... I am very confused, because NCL has had this posted for at least a month now. If this is not correct, then I suggest we all print it out and demand a free cruse! Who told you that you would not earn any Comass Points after your December cutoff date? When I called BOA several weeks ago, they assured me that Compass Points would be earned through December 31 and that the last "month" or portion of the month, the max points would not be prorated. WAHT IS GOING ON!

My first post didn't seem to make it here, so forgive me if it's a double.

c breeze ~ What you are saying is correct. NCL/BoA are required to allow 3 months after the notification of the end of the program. (Most) people were notified Oct. 1st. This information can be found in the "terms and agreements" that you received with your card. Also, as you've pointed out, it's WRITTEN at NCL's website. Just ignore the misinformed statements. ;)

My first post didn't seem to make it here, so forgive me if it's a double.

c breeze ~ What you are saying is correct. NCL/BoA are required to allow 3 months after the notification of the end of the program. (Most) people were notified Oct. 1st. This information can be found in the "terms and agreements" that you received with your card. Also, as you've pointed out, it's WRITTEN at NCL's website. Just ignore the misinformed statements. ;)

Thanks! I was about to go into panic mode! Having ordered coins (ten days ago and still not shipped) and purchased LOTS of groecery gift cards for January and beyond, I was really getting upset.

I too am relying on the semi-month billing from mid Dec through Dec 31st to get my last 100 points to get to the 500 point level. I called BOA three times on this, once I was transferred to Worldpoints, another call, they had no idea what Compass Rewards were and had to look through their papers, and the third time, they only had info on ending with Dec's billing cycle (they had the original Oct 1 letter they sent to us).

I have NCL's info printed out (ending Dec. 31) and also have the terms of the program (three months notice) and will certainly push them to honor the Dec 31 ending date.

Hopefully, in the next week or so, someone will have the details on the NCL Worldpoints program (assuming they really do mail out the details with the December bill). Maybe it will be better than the typical Worldpoints program (anyone want to borrow my rose-colored glasses?)

Happy sails!

Anyone who has ordered the coins:

How long between the order date and the shipping date? I am at 10 days now, and still waiting for shipment. I need them to ship within a week or two max, so that I get the points for this billing cycle.

I ordered ours last week - our billing date is the 10th. I sure hope they are shipped before the cut off or we might be SOL! Unless BOA will allow us to accumulate points til 12/31, then we're out of the woods. I'd only have to earn maybe 50 points to get that last 1,000.

Edited by OceanDreaming2

How long between the order date and the shipping date? I am at 10 days now, and still waiting for shipment. I need them to ship within a week or two max, so that I get the points for this billing cycle.

My orders shipped within 5 days.

Sea Hound:D

My order took about 3-4 weeks to ship. I finally called and inquired. That's when they finally shipped.

Thank you all for your replies. I called and they tell me they should be shipped Monday or Tuesday. The card balance does not show that this charge is pending....... It used to. I will call again on Monday, as I need this charge on this billing cylce, not the last mini-cylcle!

Thank you all for your replies. I called and they tell me they should be shipped Monday or Tuesday. The card balance does not show that this charge is pending....... It used to. I will call again on Monday, as I need this charge on this billing cylce, not the last mini-cylcle!

I just went on-line to check the status of my order, and it says it's in process (not on hold) and the "cancel" option is gone... so I guess they are on their way.

I wanted to cancel part of the order, because we just ended up buying a new dryer. Now we'll have to "lose" some points - over 250 for the month.

I ordered on the 16 and on the 27th I got an email that they had been shipped. Those brown boxes on the front porch are going to look funny. What usually comes in plain brown wrapper? ;)

John

I ordered on the 16 and on the 27th I got an email that they had been shipped. Those brown boxes on the front porch are going to look funny. What usually comes in plain brown wrapper? ;)

John

LOL.. reminds me of the Steve Martin SNL skit he did on a "type" of beauty cream that comes in a brown paper package.. It's marked, "Not _____ Cream"

Some of you will know the rest.

Well, I have created a need to buy a new dishwasher. The price was right and a great rebate so why wait? Thinking of purchasing some gift cards for the grocery store since we always need food...much lighter than coin. :D

The gas company had raised my monthly budget amount but just lowered it below what I have been paying for the last serveral years. I was going to call and make an advanced payment but now they might think I'm crazy...I already have a credit. :D

I had changed my billing date just in case and they said my Nov bill was already scheduled but Dec would change to the end of the month. They were wrong...Nov lasted almost 2 months and I was starting to panic that I would go over the max. :eek:

If the world points are the same as they are now we would have to be crazy to stay with the program. $50,000 earns $500 cert vs $50,000 earns $1500 in Compass points. :eek:

I just checked my points available balance and it is 2,400! Looks like I will get some of the coins! I plan on cashing them in but also using some for a tip for my mail carrier and a few other people. Plus, I will probably keep a few at home in the "money box" for buying the paper or beer!

I was just checking BOA site to see if they had any info on the new NCL Worldpoints. One of those online chat reps came on and I asked if we would be getting that info online soon. She said, as we know already that we will get it through the mail with our statements and she did not think it would ever be available on line. Now, this makes me slightly hopeful that our worldpoints will be a better deal than the other ones.

I guess we should find out soon.

Whoever finds out first...remember to post it here!!!

One of my accounts closes tonight. Hopefully my info will be here pronto - can't wait to see the great "deals" BoA is going to offer us with the new progaram :rolleyes:

I am a little confused, since I have not received any information from BOA to date, I thought are accounts were open to receive the 3% until Dec 31, 2008 no matter when are billing date ended in Dec. Can someone explain? Thanks.

I am a little confused, since I have not received any information from BOA to date, I thought are accounts were open to receive the 3% until Dec 31, 2008 no matter when are billing date ended in Dec. Can someone explain? Thanks.

I believe Magnolia Blossom is talking about receiving the new program info, which could possible come with the December statement.

I ordered $,3000 in coins in November. Supposedly they all shipped with one tracking number. and I received a box with half the coins today. When I called the US mint they said they were all shipped. There is no additional tracking number. I was told by them there is nothing I can do until 30 days after the ship date, when I may file a claim. My credit card has been charged $3,000 and I have received $1,500. If I don't get the additional $1,500 tomorrow I am going to be a wreck through the holidays.

Has this happened to anyone else????