NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Friend and I both received the mailing with certificates today. The problem is they are wrong. We both received the "round up certificate" but did not receive the one we earned. (Friend should have had a $500 plus an Upgrade- she received only upgrade) I received one upgrade and should have received two. Called NCL and they stated that all questions must be submitted in writing

Has anyone experienced this (receiving mailing and not getting correct certificates?)

Does anyone have a phone number to call to resolve?

Called NCL and they stated that all questions must be submitted in writing

Uh oh, good luck with that. I'm serious, you're going to need lots of patience and perseverance. The last time NCL screwed up an awards certificate, they never did resolve it. I had to spend a lot of my own time getting it resolved. It was an awful experience. I sure hope you have better luck. I don't even have a phone number to give you. They just kept transferring me from department to department and no one seemed willing to resolve the issue.

My certificates came today in the mail. Got what I was supposed to. Never called BOA for anything. Just hoped they would get it right. I had a Dec 7th closing date and a lot of points after the 7th to get a $500 certificate. As of 12/31 I had 528 points. They sent me one $500 certificate and one upgrade certificate.

My certificates came today in the mail. Got what I was supposed to. Never called BOA for anything. Just hoped they would get it right. I had a Dec 7th closing date and a lot of points after the 7th to get a $500 certificate. As of 12/31 I had 528 points. They sent me one $500 certificate and one upgrade certificate.

Thank you, you've given us all hope.:)

ok so i have a major problem. i was under the impression that we would get a certificate for the amount of our rewards. my total rewards was 1438 so they sent me two $500 certs and 5 upgrade certs. now i booked a cruise a long time ago under the impression that we would have $1400 in certs to apply to the booking. now all i get is $1000 twards this cruise. also, you cannot use both the cash and the upgrade certs on the same booking. some b.s. if you ask me. so now i have to come out of pocket $438 more than what i expected for this cruise which is also b.s. i have an address for any of you how want to write b of a b/c ncl has no control over this issue. the address is

ncl compass rewards resolution

nc1-022-17-01

201 n tryon st

charlotte, nc

let me know if anyone has any luck w/their communication w/b of a.

Thanks for the address. Who knows how many of us will need it. The new thread about receiving the awards already has a couple of people on it complaining about how BOA jacked them out of their rewards and didn't send them the certificates they had earned. :mad:

ok so i have a major problem. i was under the impression that we would get a certificate for the amount of our rewards. my total rewards was 1438 so they sent me two $500 certs and 5 upgrade certs. now i booked a cruise a long time ago under the impression that we would have $1400 in certs to apply to the booking. now all i get is $1000 twards this cruise. also, you cannot use both the cash and the upgrade certs on the same booking. some b.s. if you ask me. so now i have to come out of pocket $438 more than what i expected for this cruise which is also b.s. i have an address for any of you how want to write b of a b/c ncl has no control over this issue. the address is

ncl compass rewards resolution

nc1-022-17-01

201 n tryon st

charlotte, nc

let me know if anyone has any luck w/their communication w/b of a.

NCL NEVER had $100 certificates. This is an error on your understanding of the program, not on their end.

They had a series of upgrade certificates in 100 point denominations OR you could redeem 500 points for a $500 certificate off a cruise.

Edited by Preds

For those of you who have received your certificates incorrectly (ie., short), did you have more than one card? I'm wondering if we will received our certificates separately since we had two accounts. The mail has passed. I think I'll go see if our arrived! If they did, I'll be back!

Ok, went to the mailbox today and saw BOA envelopes and thought yeah!!!! Then opened first envelope (my account) and I only received (1) 100 point, one category certificate. Then opened the 2nd envelope (my husbands account) and there were only (3) 100 point, one category certificates. What?!?

Here's the problem:

My December statement said I had 1,000 compass reward points (which would = (2) 500 point certificates). My husband's December statement said he had 802 compass reward points (which would = (1) 500 & (3) 100 point certificates). Math doesn't add up. I called the # on the back of the compass reward certificates. They sent me to BOA. BOA sent me to World Points (and I specifically told her I wanted Compass Rewards, not World Points). I was then sent back to BOA... no joke. Then I called phone # on the "Final Compass Reward Certificate" letter (1-866-234-0292) and just pressed #1 because I had just spent about an hour on the phone by this time and was pretty fed up. This time the woman was very nice and helpful. She told me I had to send a letter to:

NCL Compass Reward Resolution

NC1-022-17-01

102 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

with a copy of my cc statement that listed my compass reward points, a copy of the letter I just received and anything else that might help them figure this out.

After trying to figure out why my certificates were so screwed up, it dawned on me that they only gave me certificates for my purchases from December 15th - 31st (from the end of my December statement to Dec 31st). My card had $177 in purchases x 3% = 5 points and they gave me (1) 100 point category upgrade certificate and my husband had $7,121 in purchases x 3% = 216 points and he got (3) 100 point certificates. I was bummed about my husband's certificates because I only put that much on that card (I have other cards that accumulate points) at the end of the year to get a 2nd 500 point certificate. Now we'll end up with (6) 100 point certificates from his account.

Now that I figured out what probably happened I called NCL back (1-866-234-0292 then pressed #1) and spoke with someone different this time. I explained what I think happened and thought maybe it would be a good idea if she could contact someone in the Compass Reward dept and let them know what I found out. Thinking it could alleviate problems down the line for other customers, NCL operators, BOA operators, & Compass Reward operators, etc. I figured if it happened to me, it will probably happen to someone else and wouldn't it be great for the customer to get an answer at the first place they call. She told me there was NO WAY to spread the word and the Compass Reward dept is a third party and there is No WAY to contact them except by mail. I was in complete shock. Really, there is no way to get the word out?!?! No way to communicate with anyone else even within NCL?!?! I found that to be very surprising.

If you do get certificates in the mail and you think you should have a different amount, check your purchases from your December 2008 statement to December 31st. Best of luck to everyone!

I too received my "final Compass Reward" Certificate today. Let's recap:

1. As of Dec 16, I had 893 Compass Reward Points listed on my statement ( I ordered the coins and purchased $1500 in grocery gift cards between mid Oct and Dec 16 to get to this point).

2. Between Dec 17 and 31 there were $3847 posted to my account, which = an additional 115 Compass Reward Points

3. My total Compass Reward points should be 1008, which would = two $500 Compass Reward Certificates plus one 100 point upgrade certificate.

4. BOA/NCL sends me ONE 100 point upgrade certificate with a letter stating that my Final Compass Reward Balance was 113 points!!

I THINK NOT!! LET THE LETTER WRITING BEGIN! I am photocopying all of this and sending along to the address above. I WANT MY TWO $500 COMPASS REWARD CERTIFICATES!

Edited by c breeze
spelling

We haven't received our Compass Rewards as of today but I'm not anticipating they will be correct based on what I've been reading the past day or so. Thanks for letting us know the proper address to register our complaints. I'm sure many people won't bother since the NCL website specifically states:

No exceptions will be made to the number of certificates received outside of what is outlined above.

:mad::mad::mad:

NC1-022-17-01

102 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

I just got off the phone with NCL and they gave me a slightly different address:

NC1-022-17-01

201 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

I too received my "final Compass Reward" Certificate today. Let's recap:

1. As of Dec 16, I had 893 Compass Reward Points listed on my statement ( I ordered the coins and purchased $1500 in grocery gift cards between mid Oct and Dec 16 to get to this point).

2. Between Dec 17 and 31 there were $3847 posted to my account, which = an additional 115 Compass Reward Points

3. My total Compass Reward points should be 1008, which would = two $500 Compass Reward Certificates plus one 100 point upgrade certificate.

4. BOA/NCL sends me ONE 100 point upgrade certificate with a letter stating that my Final Compass Reward Balance was 113 points!!

I THINK NOT!! LET THE LETTER WRITING BEGIN! I am photocopying all of this and sending along to the address above. I WANT MY TWO $500 COMPASS REWARD CERTIFICATES!

Holy crap, it just keeps getting worse!!!!:mad::eek::mad::eek:

We haven't received our Compass Rewards as of today but I'm not anticipating they will be correct based on what I've been reading the past day or so. Thanks for letting us know the proper address to register our complaints. I'm sure many people won't bother since the NCL website specifically states:

No exceptions will be made to the number of certificates received outside of what is outlined above.

Oh.... If NCL/BOA doesn't straighten this out, with some letter writing, I will contact my cruise consultant at NCL. If that doesn't make a difference, I will be contacting the local media for a consumer rip off piece. Maybe BOA doens't care about bad publicity, but I think NCL will.

Now that I figured out what probably happened I called NCL back (1-866-234-0292 then pressed #1) and spoke with someone different this time. I explained what I think happened and thought maybe it would be a good idea if she could contact someone in the Compass Reward dept and let them know what I found out. Thinking it could alleviate problems down the line for other customers, NCL operators, BOA operators, & Compass Reward operators, etc. I figured if it happened to me, it will probably happen to someone else and wouldn't it be great for the customer to get an answer at the first place they call. She told me there was NO WAY to spread the word and the Compass Reward dept is a third party and there is No WAY to contact them except by mail. I was in complete shock. Really, there is no way to get the word out?!?! No way to communicate with anyone else even within NCL?!?! I found that to be very surprising.

A prime example of 1. BOA's incompetence and utter disregard for customer satisfaction 2. NCL's incredibly horrid lack of customer service.

Oh.... If NCL/BOA doesn't straighten this out, with some letter writing, I will contact my cruise consultant at NCL. If that doesn't make a difference, I will be contacting the local media for a consumer rip off piece. Maybe BOA doens't care about bad publicity, but I think NCL will.

That's a great idea - contacting the local media ... we have a consumer rip off feature each week. It would be v-e-r-y interesting to be sure.

You can also bet your bottom dollar, that I'm going to fit to the bitter end to get our $1500 in rewards!

I just got off the phone with NCL and they gave me a slightly different address:

NC1-022-17-01

201 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

Thanks noreddye, you are correct. It should be 201 NOT 102. Sorry about that, I was in a hurry to get to the post office to send my info via certified mail. I'll make the correction above so no one accidently sends it to the wrong address.

Hey, does anyone think that MAYBE they are mailing out all the upgrade certificates seperately from all the $500 certificates, which they may have deducted from the total points before the upgrades were mailed........? I am really trying to give NCL?BOA the benefit of the doubt here. They couldn't have screwed this up with most of us that badly, could they?

[snip...] I'm sure many people won't bother since the NCL website specifically states:

I think most people are looking for and expecting certs issued based upon is outlined. The biggest problem is that the partial month of Dec (after the acct's closing date) charges aren't being accurately reflected. Thus, 'upgrade' certs are being received because the closing statement for Dec showed points below the 500 mark. If BoA would have correctly counted those transactions between Dec closing statement and Jan 1, a $500 is due.

Basically, I only want what is due according to their *revised* statement (which includes days between December's statement and Jan 1).

I think most people are looking for and expecting certs issued based upon is outlined. The biggest problem is that the partial month of Dec (after the acct's closing date) charges aren't being accurately reflected. Thus, 'upgrade' certs are being received because the closing statement for Dec showed points below the 500 mark. If BoA would have correctly counted those transactions between Dec closing statement and Jan 1, a $500 is due.

That's the problem exactly. BOA is issuing upgrades for the points earned between Dec statement date and Jan 1, instead of adding the points in to the total earned as of Jan 1. What a mess this is going to be with so many people getting incorrect certs and upgrades. :eek:

The biggest problem is that the partial month of Dec (after the acct's closing date) charges aren't being accurately reflected.

Well, this is not the case with me... I had 893 point mid December, (and I know I was over 1,000 by the end of the year) and the letter they send says my final points balance as of December 31 was 113 Compass Reward points!

She told me I had to send a letter to:

NC1-022-17-01

102 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255

Sorry everyone, I waited too long and wasn't able to edit the address from my previous post. The correct address, as stated by noreddye, should be:

NC1-022-17-01

201 North Tyron Street

Charlotte, NC 28255