NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

has their MALL, where you get 5 times the points on average for purchases. We love it. If there is a sale, you goto the mall, purchase & pick up at the store. We have gotten gift cards from stores when their 25 minute service time isn't met.

We have BLUE and it is Membership Rewards.

I was wondering the same thing. Thought it was just me.

C breeze, our purchases are like your home utilities bills, home and car Ins. groceries, dept. stores, drugstore, and travel. I'm leaning towrds that no hassel card, I just HATE the annual fee. If it doesn't increase, which I'm sure it will, in 10 years I will have given them $390,:eek: that doesn't sit well with me. :rolleyes:

So I'm still searching to decide if the annual fee is worth it in the long run. I hope to have decided by the weekend, so I can move on. :D

You must be as indecicive as I am! :) I feel like I wasted two good months of points earnings already! You can go with their no fee card, but the returns are much less. I really think the $39 is worth it if you consider the extra points. Our charges average $3,500 -$4,000 per month, and I know it was more than worth it for us. If your charges are less, it might not be. If they raise the fee, it may not be... Right now, it is hard to know what any credit card company will change.

PS How do you insert the smileys? I have tried a few different ways, and I cannot get them to work!

c breeze --

I just got my Feb. statement and they fixed (within 10 points) the incorrect January statement point balance automatically. I would suggesting until your Feb statement is ready and see if they add up!

Good luck!

Lyman713- Yep, my Worldpoints are within 10 points of being correct now that I have my Feb statement. So, we have 659 NCL Worldpoints.......... only 157,241 NCL Worldpoints to go until we have a 7 day free cruise for two with an outside stateroom! Of course we are not using our card much since the begining of the year, but at that rate, it will be over 52 years before we would get a free cruise, assuming BOA and we are still around and we feel like cruising when we're in our 100's! :) LOL! If anyone is keeping this card, the best thing the Worldpoints might be good for is onboard credit, if you are actually charging to the card regularly.

Edited by c breeze

You must be as indecicive as I am! :) I feel like I wasted two good months of points earnings already! You can go with their no fee card, but the returns are much less. I really think the $39 is worth it if you consider the extra points. Our charges average $3,500 -$4,000 per month, and I know it was more than worth it for us. If your charges are less, it might not be. If they raise the fee, it may not be... Right now, it is hard to know what any credit card company will change.

PS How do you insert the smileys? I have tried a few different ways, and I cannot get them to work!

LOL :D:D Yes, I am. I don't want to sign up for too many cards so when I do I want to get it right. I have too many now and only use one, that was the NCL BOA and now I'm back to using Disney as it's better then the World Points :rolleyes:

I really hope to search more of the cards tonight and then make a decision tonight! So I can start adding up my awards soon.

Thanks for all your help and AFT Lover. The info you both have provided here really helps.

Thanks for sharing.

I see you figured out the smileys. :D

I applied for and received the Capital One for Professionals card. I've paid the annual fee -- but have yet to use the card! (What's wrong with me:confused:)

After we decided to stop using the BOA MC, I switched back to an old AT&T Universal Card (also MC). For personal purchases, we each have a Southwest Airlines Visa - which also charges an annual fee of $59.

Those cc companies have us over a barrel! :eek:

Anyone still using this card...

just looked at my online statement--- I already have over 14,600 points (just got back from my cruise)...got some NCL Bonus points and then some bonus points through shopping at their "mall" (can't remember which stores, but it worked)...!

Just got one compass rewards upgrade cert...it doesn't say for "one person" as I expected. So how do you go about using it?

I applied for and received the Capital One for Professionals card. I've paid the annual fee -- but have yet to use the card! (What's wrong with me:confused:)

After we decided to stop using the BOA MC, I switched back to an old AT&T Universal Card (also MC). For personal purchases, we each have a Southwest Airlines Visa - which also charges an annual fee of $59.

Those cc companies have us over a barrel! :eek:

Yea, we got a United card years ago, when my husband traveled for business. Now we pay $60 to keep the card, which we only use twice a year to keep active, so that we don't loose all the United miles. :( We rarely fly now, but I would like to use them in conjuction with an Alaskan cruise in a year or two (we are not making that drive from PA :)) so we keep the card.... we have almost 400,000 miles, but of course who knows is UA will still be in business by the time we try to make that trip!

Yea, we got a United card years ago, when my husband traveled for business. Now we pay $60 to keep the card, which we only use twice a year to keep active, so that we don't loose all the United miles. :( We rarely fly now, but I would like to use them in conjuction with an Alaskan cruise in a year or two (we are not making that drive from PA :)) so we keep the card.... we have almost 400,000 miles, but of course who knows is UA will still be in business by the time we try to make that trip!

I would be making ressies asap. :D I have read that if you have a ressie and the line goes under it's easier to switch to another carrier and not lose those miles. REALLY good excuse to book another cruise.

Please completely disregard what I mentioned several posts ago about the card having potential through shopping online and getting bonus points. I got bonus points last month, to the tune of about 5% of what I thought I would get.

I've tried calling BOA - once I was transferred to NCL (I'm not sure why the BOA rep did this - the NCL rep was apologetic and asked me to call BOA again). The second time, the rep really didn't know anything about the program, and she didn't have a number to call, but instead, tried to educate herself and sent an electronic request for reconsideration of bonus points. I asked when we might hear back, and she didn't know when (or even if she would hear back). The BOA rep actually told me to call the merchants and gave me the numbers of the merchants! I tried one, and the guy tried to be helpful, but had no clue why BOA was asking me to call them.

Does anyone have a phone number for Worldpoints directly?

It's strange, when I called for Compass Reward questions last month, I was transferred to Worldpoints and now, I can't seem to find anyone that knows anything about the program!

Oh well... put a tick mark down for me being a past BOA customer.

Well I haven't shopped "The Mall" yet, but did look at it a little. I believe it said you need to make sure you begin through the mall to get the the stores and to make sure you have cookies working. Cookies needs to be up and running on your computer for the bonus points to work correctly.:confused:

Also, I THINK I read that it could take up to 60 days for the "bonus" points to show up on your statement.

There some guy on the main NCL board bad-mouthing those of us who purchased coins from the Mint and then turning around and depositing them - thus getting our points free. He says we abused the system and that's why the BOA card changed.

Whoa! If the BOA card had stayed the same, I never would've thought about doing that! I was perfectly content making my daily purchases and earning points "legally". It was only after the announcement did we do whatever we could to get to the next level. BOA brought it on upon themselves, and I thank those of you who offered the suggestion about the Mint!

There some guy on the main NCL board bad-mouthing those of us who purchased coins from the Mint and then turning around and depositing them - thus getting our points free. He says we abused the system and that's why the BOA card changed.

Whoa! If the BOA card had stayed the same, I never would've thought about doing that! I was perfectly content making my daily purchases and earning points "legally". It was only after the announcement did we do whatever we could to get to the next level. BOA brought it on upon themselves, and I thank those of you who offered the suggestion about the Mint!

Ignore him . He's a Carnival loyalist that doesnt like NCL .

I will be cancelling this credit card. We finally got our Compass reward certificates, after several phone calls and several weeks late in two seperate mailings. I have a return receipt via certified mail that NCL got the ones we were redeeming on February 20th. They still aren't even showing up in their system and we cruise in a week.

I also called World Points at 800-434-8313 to see if I could also potentially use an onboard credit from the new WPs. I had to call because when you click through on their website it says our billing info is incorrect for the past week and won't accept it when I enter our info in.

They said in order to use any of the travel rewards or onboard credits for the NCL Master Card you have to use the World Points travel agency only. I'm not sure I want to do this nor have I seen this stated anywhere on the website or in promotional materials. Have you?

It has been a nightmare trying to actually use these rewards or speak to anyone able to help with BOA or NCL regarding them.

I decided :D:D:rolleyes::p

I went with the Capital One No Hassle MilesSM Ultra Credit Card for Professionals Thanks c breeze.

I researched for days and even tough I don't like an annual fee this is the best I have found and I read them all :eek:

I choose this card for a few reasons:

2 points for every $1 spent. so looking at a 10,000 charge per year, I decided on this amount to make it easy. This would be..........

20,000 points which is equal to $200. with their reward program. take away the $39 annual fee I will get $160 per year in awards. Which I will spend more then that :p

The other free card from Capital One that gives 1.25 for every $1 spent would only give me $125 in their award program for spending the same $10,000.

I like the fact that you can use the awards towards booking any travel through any company. I also like that it's a master card.

I also really wanted rental car ins as we do rent cars often, the other benefits the card gives is really good too. Well worth the $39 per year for me.

I do agree that no one card is right for everyone. A hotel point charge would not be good for me as I book through priceline and hotwire most of the time and from what I read I can even use the points from this card for them. Not 100% sure but it sure sounds like you can.

Just thought I would share as I spent a lot of time researching and for me this was the best deal.

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by judyf

Did they say anything about this being only for business to business charges? I was reading the fine print and that is in there. Thanks JoAnna

NADA! I even called first and then went and booked on line and was already approved within minutes.

You can throw the Compass Reward Coupons away, unless you're going to do five cruises this year...We lost!:mad:

But the end loser will be BofA, I have been with that bank for 5 years, and I am closing my account, this should have been handled in a different way. They sent me my 5 Compass Reward Cerificates, "100 Points-One Category Upgrade", they all expire 1/31/2010 and they are "non-transferable", I can't even give them away.

Oh well, on to bigger and better oportunities. when youse guys find um, let me know..........;)

You can throw the Compass Reward Coupons away, unless you're going to do five cruises this year...We lost!:mad:

But the end loser will be BofA, I have been with that bank for 5 years, and I am closing my account, this should have been handled in a different way. They sent me my 5 Compass Reward Cerificates, "100 Points-One Category Upgrade", they all expire 1/31/2010 and they are "non-transferable", I can't even give them away.

Oh well, on to bigger and better oportunities. when youse guys find um, let me know..........;)

You can use multiple 100 points upgrades on a single cruise, however, the upgrades are nearly worthless as others have pointed out. They would do nothing to encourage me to take an NCL cruise over another line...however, that's NCL, not BofA. NCL should make these certificates worth something, e.g. convert it to $100 off a cruise, $100 shipboard credit, etc. I know I'm going to ask their rewards dept to do that Edited by browe

When I got back from my cruise, my correct 2 $500 rewards certs were at home. Now that I have them, I've cancelled my BOA card and applied for the Capital One No Hassle Miles Rewards card. I'll be darned if I'm giving my thousands and thousands of dollars a year in charges to BOA and their crappy rewards program. Plus, I strongly believe in rewarding good behavior and punishing the bad, and BOA's service these past 5 years has been VERY bad indeed. Not that they give a crap about losing my business or they'd have done more to keep it.

Edited by Stillfloatin'

I'm now having issues with my BofA RCCL card as well. They have really issues with their rewards/affinities programs...which is the only reason I use either card
Sigh....continued problems with my RCCL card. I guess I'll just cash out and then cancel my BofA cards. The credit side of the house seems to be fine, but the affinity programs are a mess. That's too bad.

3% sounds good, A lot of places don't take amex, I prefer Master Card as that's the only card Sam's club here takes. Not even Visa.:confused:

Why dont you use your Visa card at Walmart to buy a gift card, then use that gift card at Sams Club?