Summer Cruise vs Holiday Cruise - Formality of Clothing on Princess

Ugly Betty Fan

I'm going to be asking about clothes on two seperate cruises we will be taking in 2008.

The first, my first cruise ever, will be on Caribbean Princess on July 1, 2008. It's a nine night cruise, how many formal nights can I expect. And, do the majority of ladies wear gowns or cocktail dresses?

The second, my first holiday cruise ever, will be on Grand Princess on December 19, 2008. It's a 14 night cruise, and, I'm assuming that it's going to be more formal than the summer cruise - especially New Year's Eve, how dressy do people get on New Year's Eve and is it usually a formal night?

Thanks!

I'm going to be asking about clothes on two seperate cruises we will be taking in 2008.

The first, my first cruise ever, will be on Caribbean Princess on July 1, 2008. It's a nine night cruise, how many formal nights can I expect. And, do the majority of ladies wear gowns or cocktail dresses?

The second, my first holiday cruise ever, will be on Grand Princess on December 19, 2008. It's a 14 night cruise, and, I'm assuming that it's going to be more formal than the summer cruise - especially New Year's Eve, how dressy do people get on New Year's Eve and is it usually a formal night?

Thanks!

You will see a mix between gowns, cocktail dresses and cocktail "pants suits", and then there will be maybe 25% who will be wearing dresses or outfits that are more like Sunday church or Donna Reed by day, not cocktaily at all IMHO. Be prepared, this is a totally hot topic and the flaming will start. ( I am probably gonna get flamed for that last sentence about Donna Reed.)

We've hit summer cruises and holiday cruises. New Year's Eve is likely to be a formal night. Some really do it up, you could dress to the nines and fit in, you could take easy and be fine. It is really a matter of respecting the dress code and what you are comfortable with, within those guidelines. Don't blow the budget on a designer gown, it is just not necessary. On the other hand, if making a really big deal out of the occasion enhances your enjoyment - go for it, girlfriend!!!!:D

There is enough variation so that you just won't feel out of place if you make a reasonable effort to dress nicely.

Personally (here we go again with trouble:eek: ), I hope people will exhibit excellent personal hygiene, dress within the guidelines, and above all, be polite and charming when onboard - not just on formal night, but to enhance their own and their fellow pax cruise experience.

Archived