Cruising in two days BYEEEEEEE! comparing RCCL to Princess

renata102

Well the time has finally come to my FIRST EVER Princess Cruise. Our ship is heading toward to New York to pick me up! I have only cruised RCCL and was nervous about cruising another line. When I first explored cruising with Princess, I would lurk on your boards LOL and than started asking small questions. ALways going back to the RCCL boards and posting more questions. What should I do? RCCL or Princess LOL

Anyway you all have been very helpful. I look forward to trying something new.

When I come back I will share my thoughts about Princess and RCCL!

but like my husband says, a cruise is a cruise, as long as there is food! LOL:D

I really feel like I will REALLY enjoy Princess. I don't nitpick so I don't care if RCCL did it this way and Princess does it that way. I am looking for the overall generalized feeling of cruising with Princess!

She's getting closer! :cool:

We have been loyal RCCL cruisers also - ventured out to Carnival once and had such a terrible experience we thought that RCCL was the ONLY cruise for us. WRONG!!! We booked with Princess after my TA spent lots of minutes convincing me that I would not be sorry. Just off the CB and I can tell you it was wonderful. Lots of similarities to RCCL with food/service/balcony rooms. We now love both lines and will happily book either. I don't think you are going to be the least bit sorry that you booked with Princess. Have a great cruise!

We too have cruises both lines. I always booked RCI until we went on the Grand with the kids. Loved it. Have been on Grand, Star and Carribean and now have Crown booked for November. I love the any time dining and we are usually down to the schudule type A people. We love Princess and RCI. RCI has gotten more expensive in recent years. We can actually get a separate cabin for the kids on Princess instead of one cabin for the price on RCI. I will got back and forth though. The Princess ships are great. We loved them.

We had also always gone on RCC. Last year we tried Princess and loved that too. We have already gone on our 2nd Princess cruise with another booked in the fall. Would go on either line in a minute. Enjoy your cruise and don't compare every little thing as to which line is better for which.

Renata, I am on your sailing too and I'm so excited I can hardly sleep anymore!! Must have been stress eating lately though cause I tried my formal on last night and IT DOESN'T FIT!!!!! OMG two days till sailing (one if you count the fact that we're leaving tomorrow) and I have NO formal!

I was not planning to spend the last day home after work shopping for a gown but in true "taking one for the team" fashion, I'll find something! LOL

Maybe it will keep my mind busy. Did you see the pic on the roll call of our ship when it left last week? I missed it leaving so was glad to see this pic. The next time that ship goes under the bridge (in that direction) you and I are gonna be on that baby!! :D :D

OMG - see you at the meet 'n greet on Sunday!

Hi,

We have been on 8 RCI cruises and have enjoyed each and every one of them. We tried Carnival once-never again, Celebrity twice with the 3rd and 4th booked, loved Celebrity. We went on our 2nd Princess cruise(Caribbean Princess) in January. We enjoyed it so much we are going on the Crown Sept 6th out of Brooklyn. Princess was awesome!!! In our opinion the food was better on Princess than RCI, shows about the same, staff was friendly and fun just like RCI. The anytime dining on Princess is also a plus. Both lines are great. You will have a great time on Princess!

Enjoy, Bill and Lyn

You will love the Crown it's a stunning ship. Food is wonderful and this comes from a Celebrity cruiser. Pizza is very good too, as are the burgers and fries. Oh and yummy chocolate chip cookies. The pools are wonderful and there are so many places to explore on board. We ate at Sabatini's one night and enjoyed it.

The shows were good but not as polished as the one on X. We had a lot of fun and met such nice pax on board. You will also love the ports. Margaritaville at Grand Turk is great... wish we had more time there. Also Bermuda...no island compares.

We liked Princess so much we put down a deposit for another cruise!!

I look forward to your review when you get back.

Oh and I know six people who will be on your same cruise. Wishing you great weather and a good time. Enjoy because it will go faaaaasssst.

Its true the ship is on its way and is coming to pick up! See you on board! You going to the meet and mingle?

I am sure I am going to have A GREAT TIME! I will report back!!! LOL:D

Hope you find a dress. Just get anyone that fits at this point! I too can't sleep! I am to anxious! I wanna get on RIGHT NOW!!!

:eek:

Its true the ship is on its way and is coming to pick up! See you on board! You going to the meet and mingle?

I am sure I am going to have A GREAT TIME! I will report back!!! LOL:D

Hope you find a dress. Just get anyone that fits at this point! I too can't sleep! I am to anxious! I wanna get on RIGHT NOW!!!

:eek:

Yes Renata, we're going to the M&M. 11 am. And....I found a dress!! Oh it's beautiful. I got it at a bridal shop and wouldn't you know they had exactly ONE dress in my size and it was perfect. It's even more beautiful than the one I (ahem) outgrew! Wish I could show you a picture. I know - I'll show you the real thing on formal night! LOL

All packed now except for my girly stuff that will go in the bag in the morning and then it's off to Buffalo and we'll stay the night there and fly to JFK on Saturday morning. No one is sleeping here tonite, that's for sure!

See you Sunday!!

sAILING WITH YOU AS WELL. ALL my clothes are tight - before the cruise! I own a bridal shoppe so had no problem finding my gowns. Just finished altering my last dress for the family yesterday. 11 of us going. Can't wait!

Archived