Alaska Bound!

SDHALFAN

The blue folder arrived in the mail this morning. I'm off to Alaska, leaving San Diego two weeks from today for Seattle; and on the 27th I'll be back aboard my beloved Amsterdam eager to see some of the friends I made on my last cruise - I know that most of them will still be onboard because I asked them about it back in March.

I got those misprinted luggage tags, so I'm actually sailing on the ms r Amsterdam:confused: . I think the misprint is a hoot and I'm almost tempted not to use the tags and save them for posterity:D .

Another thing of interest in the package, and something I've never seen before, is a card regarding new Canadian Visa Requirements. Now, if one is neither a U.S. or Canadian citizen a visa may be required to enter Canada.

Just a heads up for those who may not be U.S. or Canadian citizens and are planning trips to Alaska or New England & Canada:

to Quote:

Affecting all Alaska Sailings, Alaska Tours and Canada & New England Sailings that enter Canada:

If you are a NON-US or NON-CANADIAN citizen, you may be DENIED BOARDING without compensation if you do not hold the proper VISA documents! Regardless of what your Consulate official may advise, Canadian officials WILL NOT allow guests to remain onboard while in a Canadian port without proper documentation.

U.S. citizens are NOT required to obtain a Canadian Visa.

To verify if your nationality requires a Canadian visa, please visit the Canadian government website at: http://canada.gc.ca

.......................Holland America is not able to make visa arrangements en route or upon arrival. Please understand that this is a requirement of the Canadian government, and NOT that of Holland America Line.***

Okay, I'm off the fill out my express boarding pass, etc.

Valerie (in Seventh Heaven):)

*** all capital letters, underlining and boldface type are theirs, not mine.

Hey, that makes two Valeries that got their documents today, our San Diego Val (SDHalfan) and our New Zealand Val (ChivalryGirl)

Congratulations, Valerie in San Diego! Have a wonderful time in Alaska on your favorite "dam" ship!:)

Karin

I am thrilled for you to be going home, to your Amsterdam. Have a fabulous cruise.

Oh dear Lynn,

You were posting at the same time I was. Thanks so much and I promise you that I will have a fabulous cruise and that I will be thinking of you and the rest of the Yum Yum Man group and that I will be looking forward to February when we will all get together and have tons of fun aboard Lisa's glorious ms Oosterdam.

Valerie:)

Archived