SAFARI SUITS on formal nights OK?

NSWP

G'day from the new world P&O'ers. Question.. "Do you reckon it would be appropriate for me to wear a SAFARI SUIT to formal nights on P&O ?"

Sensible attire for the tropics..and no TIE required either. I have a lime green one and a purple one, alternate them eh? National dress in Aussie.

Cooler and more comfortable than than those starchy Penguin suits.

Cheers.:cool:

G'day from the new world P&O'ers. Question.. "Do you reckon it would be appropriate for me to wear a SAFARI SUIT to formal nights on P&O ?"

Sensible attire for the tropics..and no TIE required either. I have a lime green one and a purple one, alternate them eh? National dress in Aussie.

Cooler and more comfortable than than those starchy Penguin suits.

I would say "is that some kind of joke?"

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO

I would say "is that some kind of joke?"

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO

I fully agree. This really is a step to far!!!!!!! One makes allowances for the Australian - shall we say politely - sense of individuality, but this is ridiculous, and probably just a joke, I presume. Well it's not funny.

I say, rein yourself in and give some more thought to this!!!!!!

Jock Wilson (Major, retd)

Well I am serious about my Safari Suit query..wanting to expand my cruising career to other lines like Cunard and P&O UK..so I have to know the dress rules. My safari suit will be packed every cruise now and a tie with it to be half formal. So watch out, a safari suit is coming to a ship near you.! Thank you all for your replies.

Cheers from down under.:cool: Sir Les:rolleyes:

Well UK P&O'ers, you have responded well but not as smart as Cunarders.

Yes, I have taken the thread a little far, all in good spirit, thanks.

But I do really have a SAFARI SUIT and it will be in the suitcase for my Regal Princess Cruise, plus more formal gear, thank heavens they say.

But watchout, 2009 will be my debut on P&O UK, after Cunard next year.

Cheers and all the best from OZ, you are all grand people.:cool:

Well UK P&O'ers, you have responded well but not as smart as Cunarders.

Yes, I have taken the thread a little far, all in good spirit, thanks.

But I do really have a SAFARI SUIT and it will be in the suitcase for my Regal Princess Cruise, plus more formal gear, thank heavens they say.

But watchout, 2009 will be my debut on P&O UK, after Cunard next year.

Cheers and all the best from OZ, you are all grand people.:cool:

Well you should be fine on Princess:rolleyes:

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Yes AKUBRA..kangaroo felt hat of course. Yes Safari suit will be OK on Princess, will wear it to Captains Princess Circle Cocktail party, for SURE.

Now if I told you I live in a bush area and I have at this very moment a dozen Eastern Grey Kangaroos on my front lawn and driveway, would you believe me..well you had better because they are regulars here at Batemans Bay, 250 km south of Sydney town.

Cheers.:o

Yes AKUBRA..kangaroo felt hat of course. Yes Safari suit will be OK on Princess, will wear it to Captains Princess Circle Cocktail party, for SURE.

Now if I told you I live in a bush area and I have at this very moment a dozen Eastern Grey Kangaroos on my front lawn and driveway, would you believe me..well you had better because they are regulars here at Batemans Bay, 250 km south of Sydney town.

It must be nice to have the family round about you.

Hee hee hee hee hee hee

Hahahahahahaha.

Sorry..................

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd have the shotty out, lining them up for all those souvineer scotums :rolleyes: could hang em off the akubra

Crikey I jut realised I kicked this off. What a debate, but I think just about over. Just watch out for the Safari suit on a P&O ship in 2009.

(Can only afford one big cruise a year, next month Princess, next year Cunard, and the year after P&O UK.)

Thank you Linesmen, thank you ballboys.

What ho , delighted to hear the colonials are dressing up for the crew panto - always a good thing to keep them busy or they tend to make mischief!

Used to have one as a cabin boy - very full of himself- never really took to him - always going on about how well known (or was it big? )he was down under.

By jove -What ship is he going on - need to give that one a wide berth, can't be seen to be cavorting with these sort of chaps and bringing the standards down.

My goodness I even hear that they have even been known to drink before the sun is over the yardarm and out of a tin- preposterous ! who on earth taught them that - certainly not seen in my time in the glorious 24th foot and mouth Hussars regiment. MInd you they have a very good rum over there- bundaberg - but the blighters drink it with coke!

I would thoroughly recommend a Princess cruise for him - he will get on on well with our other colonial cousins - these sorts tend to bond together coming from such a disadvantaged background I imagine - a sort of empathy with each others historical misfortune.

He'll have a marvellous time eating all day and drinking freezing cold iced non tasting beer - probably will even like those dreadful cookie things.

Anyway must go - got to get the flag down before sunset. Toodle pip

Col ( Retired) Blimp, Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells

I have seen men in skirts and lace cravats of sorts and a dead badger, even in the tropics.:p

Seriously, I have seen a few lounge suits and even some simple (not plain) jackets and no ties. They looked seriously out of place. OTOH in the informal dining areas you will see several people in non-formal attire.

hi, will it be worn with shorts and long socks,or shorts no socks and a thong (flip flops).or long trousers just asking so i can get me white on out of storage even still got the comb to go into the top of the long socks graham:cool: :)

Well this thread is still going, Colonel Blimp..we call biscuits 'bikkies' not cookies like the Americans. Now I still have my convict suit (with arrows) as legacy of my transportation in the prison hulks from Tilbury to Sydney town, might wear that on the Oriana one day, oh, complete with ye olde ball and chain of course.

So perhaps the convict suit in lieu of the colonial safari suit.:confused:

Cheers from the land downunder and yes I like to cruise with our other colonial friends from the US of A on Princess, what a fine line and no class distinction, run of the ship.:cool:

Archived