Passion Island

and they film their ads there also. Yes, Last October on Freedom which was a C&A Member Cruise that gave Diamond/Plus members a free excursion per couple. We chose Passion Island & it is heaven! The sand so soft & white, so clean, the food was wonderful & the booze was plentiful. Beaches were great just to lay back in the sea & float, forget the mat for $8, you don't need it. Snorkeling was in the danger zone with boats and not much to see since they drag the area to clear our dead stuff for the large ships in the zone. A good 8 hours of toasting in the sun, or find a hammock & lay back & relax. They have everything you need. But it is $75 PP which includes the tender to the island.

We went to Passion Island on our Feb 2007 trip aboard the Freedom. Crappy weather aside ( cloudy and cool all day), it is a beautiful place. However, be prepared for LONG bus ride there and back, at least an hour each way. It does not leave you with much time to do anything else. We had a good time, but probably wouldn't do it again.

. A good 8 hours of toasting in the sun, or find a hammock & lay back & relax..

Maybe you had a special tour:rolleyes: ,but it is a 5 hour shore excursion,so with travel time,one can expect only 3 hours on the beach......

To the OP,heres a long running thread all about Passion island..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=55918&highlight=Passion+Island

We did the complimentary tour when we were on the member cruise in Oct. also.

I thought the amount of time to get to the island and back was way too long. Once we were there we had only a couple of hours to enjoy the beach. No way did we spend 8 hours there.

I did not feel like I could "settle in" and enjoy the day because the time actually at the beach was too short.

The beach was fine but not unlike any other beach in the Caribbean.

I much prefer a quick cab ride to Paradise Beach so I can manage my own time.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I appreciate all the responses. My biggest worry was the short time at the beach and that seems to be what the major downside of this excursion is. Thank you again!

LOVED Passion Island, it was one of my favorite excursions ever...but we went before the hurricane, several years ago. I'm glad to hear that the island is back up and as beautiful as ever. :)

Isla Pasion...ah beautiful spot. We were there on Splendour in January 2006 and even with foul weather we enjoyed it. Our guide gave us the option to go or cancel as other excursions (water related) were canceled; and the whole bus voted to continue with overcast skys and pretty strong winds. The water was not as blue as the commercials because of the stormy weather had kicked up the sand, but you really felt as though you were on a desert island and could wonder around by yourself and be fairly private. The restrooms had just been rebuilt after the hurricane and were new and pristine. We made our own commercial, our guide was Alesandro. He was great...if you see him tell him Becci and Todd said hello.

They made bbq'd chicken and a guacamole to die for, best I ever had with chips fried the Mexican way...in lard. They are the best chips though, run a little longer on the treadmill;) And some kind of fish that was also yummy. The rum punch was great and of course the beer. Everyone had a ball. Go...you won't be disappointed, especially if you have calm seas.

BTW. the boat trip takes about 12 to 15 minutes and the bus ride one way is only about 30 mins, so don't understand the former comment and we were there 4 to 5 hours for the whole trip!

Archived