Help!! Ready To Book-confused About Which Cabin

Hi everyone. Getting ready to book my first RCCL cruise on the Explorer. After hours of looking for the perfect cabin, I think I am more confused than ever. In the past we have been on Princess ships with our 2 close friends with balconies that adjoin. I understand that the balconies on this ship do not open so we thought we would try connecting rooms. But there do not seem to be any rooms connecting on the hump, and from what I read the hump is the place to be. We really enjoy coffee in the mornings on our balconies together and drinks in the afternoon, but without the adjoining balconies, it would seem connecting rooms is the way to go. If we book a Superior balcony room, is the balcony large enough for 4 of us to have coffee or drinks? Is the hump so much better of a cabin that you would chose that over connecting rooms with friends?

There are connecting rooms that are immediately before or after the hump. Do you think these rooms would have an obstructed view 7606,7608 (E1) or 7630 & 7632 (D1).

One of us gets pretty sea sick so an aft option is pretty much out. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, has anyone gone of NJ in the winter (February). Is your second sea day usually warm enough to enjoy of the outside pools, hot tubs, etc. Thanks so much for all of your help.

Hey,you could always do a connecting cabin on deck 9.......a D1 and a JS!!:p

As far as room for four for drinks or coffee,yes,you will have enough room....we have had four of us in a cabin the size you're talking about it and it worked.......granted you cant have 4 loungers,but four chairs and a small table,yes........

The d1 balcony is a tad bigger as is the room........

Never had a cabin on or near the hump(we go aft).so cant help you with any obstruction,but Im sure someone else will be here soon to tell you..:)

Even if you are before or after the "hump", it's still a good location. The hump rooms don't give you anything special (on Voyager class)--they're just very convenient! Even if you can't get connecting doors between the rooms, if you're side by side, it's not a big deal to access each other's rooms through the hallway. (You won't be spending every minute in the room, anyway!) Have a great trip!

Archived