Marco Polo Airport in Venice - Meeting Place

We will be arriving in Venice about 2 hours before our friends. We decided to wait for them at the airport, then take a water taxi to our hotel. We are not familiar with this airport. Can anyone suggest a convenient meeting place (where we can't miss each other)? Baggage claim or customs seem the obvious choice, but they are arriving on British Air and we are on Air France. Are they at the same terminal/baggage claim/customs area?

Marco Polo is not a huge airport. There are a bunch of luggage carousels in the baggage claim area. AFAIK, all luggage from all flights comes to this one area. I don't recall any seating, but there might be some benches around the perimeter. After exiting the baggage area into the Arrivals concourse, if you turn to the left and walk 50 ft or so, you'll find all the car rental booths, news stand, a tourist bureau where you can pick up the VeniceCard (if you've ordered in advance), a booth from which to buy Alilaguna water bus tickets, and the exit that gets you to the water bus/taxi dock. Upon exiting the baggage area, if you turn instead to the right, there is the Café Marco Polo. If you have 2 hours to wait, the Café might be best bet.

Here is a link to a map of the arrivals area of Marco Polo

http://www.veniceairport.it/save/aerostazione/map.jsp?m=010303

In May we arrived on Delta from the states. Our friends had a connection thru Paris on Air France. We waited a little over an hour by the baggage claim. There are benches. We freshened up in the bathrooms in the area. It was a convenient place to wait. We didn't have to drag our luggage around and it was a great place to people watch. There was a money exchange right there if needed.

Celtic Sailing,

Our family of 4 was split up on two different flights getting to Venice last month. My wife and daughter arrived on their Alitalia flight 3 hrs before my son and I did. We quickly found them as soon as we emerged from the baggage claim room and then we took the water taxi together to the hotel.

I just read your post out loud to my wife and asked for her opinion on a meeting place since she did the waiting. She just laughed at me and said that the airport is the meeting place (i.e. it is so small). I realize that you are looking for more informative feedback than that but it looks like that meeting up will not be that difficult of a thing to pull off.

Archived