HELP: NCL Star Flooding

sargrrl1228

Hi

I am currently on the Star in the middle of a trip to Alaska. My cabin flooded because of a pipe breakage. Right now they are telling me that there are no other cabins to move me to because the ship is sailing at full capacity :(

This happened yesterday in the early AM. Today, my floor is still wet. I cannot walk around in barefeet. I cannot place anything on the floor! They promised me yesterday that the floor would be dry so in my sleepiness, I lay my Herve Chapelier bag on the ground and this morning my $150 bag smells like dirty water!! During the flooding, it also ruined a pair of leather shoes!

I spoke with the concierge (I am in a minisuite) and she directed me to the front office manager. What they have offered me is a $100 shipboard credit and also 50% of my shoe's value. I feel that is not enough!! My room is still wet! I wanted to get your opinions. Please advise what I should do.

PS. On top of that, because of the pipe burst, there were a number of people walking in and out of our room both when we were in and when we were not. I am missing a cell phone and have gained an extra pair of flip flops from some mysterious person. Not a good trade!! :mad:

Most of these pipe problems come from an idiot who flushed the items that will plug the pipes. Blame the worthless passengers who flushed the wrong items, not NCL.

Sorry about your bag and shoes, but the one hundred dollar credit is more than nothing. Per your cruise contract you agreed to when you bought your ticket, NCL is not responsible for any losses.

Hi

I am currently on the Star in the middle of a trip to Alaska. My cabin flooded because of a pipe breakage. Right now they are telling me that there are no other cabins to move me to because the ship is sailing at full capacity :(

OH NO!:eek:

Which cabin, we're in mini in a couple of weeks?

Take pictures so you can file with the travel insurance company at least!

Hope this gets fixed for you. And QUICKLY!

I would enjoy the rest of my cruise the best I could, and worry about writing a letter to corporate headquarters once I returned home. Take a deep breath, and enjoy Alaska. Your bag and shoes can be replaced, your memories of Alaska can't.

Definitely take pictures of the damage not only to send to coporate but to file with the travel insurance company. Keep the pressure on the front desk to get them to dry out the stateroom. It is probable that the ship is full to capacity, so no chance for changing staterooms.

As the others have said, try to enjoy the rest of the cruise, in spite of this problem.

I assume you have taken the pictures of the damage already. Yes, your travel insurance will cover this or should, as long as you took out insurance.

Otherwise, be glad they offered you the $100 plus agreeing to pay for part of the shoe damage. This isn't much compensation but it is better than nothing. It is too bad they don't have a cabin to move you into, no one can do anything about that nor about people coming in and out, trying to fix the problem.

As for a missing cell phone that part does surprise me. Normally the crew working on a ship wouldn't risk their jobs for a cell phone. I guess it takes all kinds.

Nita

Really, it's not that hard (or expensive!):

Have a look for yourself

http://www.cisginc.com/covertcameras.shtml

With 500GB Hard drives as low as $120 there's no reason why one cannot have two angles 24/7 with cd quality audio of their quarters for a week or two. :eek:

I've seen funny stuff when I'm away too and no riffraff going on.

Archived