NCL Pearl - confusing situation?

Benji817

Hello,

I'm hoping someone familiar with the Pearl (or heck, anyone more familiar with cruising than I am!) can help me. This will be my first cruise, and I booked a Category G (ob. view) cabin. I was perusing the website earlier today, and I noticed the price is now the SAME as Category F, EE, DD, and CC. Of course. :rolleyes: Is it worth it to try and call NCL and "move up" so-to-speak? I understand the obvious benefit of having an un-obstructed view, but anything else? Are those rooms bigger? That would also mean switching decks. I think I'm on deck 8 right now, and I think the other categories are maybe on Deck 5? Opinions, anyone? What would you do? I'm confused..... :confused:

Thanks for your help!

If you booked directly with NCL, yes, call them. If you used a TA, call your TA. Any pricing adjustments prior to final payment (~75 days out) are usually available to existing bookings, but you have to ask. Sounds like you are just prior to final payment date.

Hello,

I'm hoping someone familiar with the Pearl (or heck, anyone more familiar with cruising than I am!) can help me. This will be my first cruise, and I booked a Category G (ob. view) cabin. I was perusing the website earlier today, and I noticed the price is now the SAME as Category F, EE, DD, and CC. Of course. :rolleyes: Is it worth it to try and call NCL and "move up" so-to-speak? I understand the obvious benefit of having an un-obstructed view, but anything else? Are those rooms bigger? That would also mean switching decks. I think I'm on deck 8 right now, and I think the other categories are maybe on Deck 5? Opinions, anyone? What would you do? I'm confused..... :confused:

Thanks for your help!

I am on same deck, same cat for 11/11/07 sailing and same thing happenned that the other cat are same price. The only other cat that is on deck 8 is CC and those cabins are either aft or foreward. The seas can tend to be a bit rougher in november and u do feel more motion in both areas (more foreward than aft). So, i would ask where your obstructed view is (midship?) and is it totally obstructed or partially? Some of the cabins are not totally obstructed. I has started a thread a few months back and someone gave a list of which ones were not. Maybe u could search for the post under my screen name? The other categories are on deck 4,5 i think and may have noisy areas on deck 6 so u need to look at deck plan. If u are not sensitive to motion, then maybe u could take a CC cabin? Good Luck. I am holding tight til it gets closer-maybe the minis will come down in price???? We can dream:rolleyes:

That's a good point, I just went back and looked at the CC rooms. They are only aft or foreword. Since this is my first time sailing I might want to stick with mid-ship! Mine's a totally obstructed view, I think. The only reason why I went for that one because at the time I booked it was the same price as an inside, and I liked the deck and thought it might give me a few extra square feet.

I would LOVE to get a balcony or a mini, but unless they come down a bit I think I'll be sticking with an oceanview. :o

I booked directly with NCL, and my final payment isn't due until mid-August. Maybe I'll just sit tight and see what happens for a little while longer. I'll see if I can find the thread you mentioned.

Thanks for your insight, it's much appreciated! :)

I am on same deck, same cat for 11/11/07 sailing and same thing happenned that the other cat are same price. The only other cat that is on deck 8 is CC and those cabins are either aft or foreward. The seas can tend to be a bit rougher in november and u do feel more motion in both areas (more foreward than aft). So, i would ask where your obstructed view is (midship?) and is it totally obstructed or partially? Some of the cabins are not totally obstructed. I has started a thread a few months back and someone gave a list of which ones were not. Maybe u could search for the post under my screen name? The other categories are on deck 4,5 i think and may have noisy areas on deck 6 so u need to look at deck plan. If u are not sensitive to motion, then maybe u could take a CC cabin? Good Luck. I am holding tight til it gets closer-maybe the minis will come down in price???? We can dream:rolleyes:

Vacation fool,

I went through and searched for your other posts. Are you booked in 8068?? That's where I'm at, too! :D Did you ever hear from anyone who's stayed in that cabin yet?? If not, I'll let ya know what it's like when I get back from my trip. :)

Vacation fool,

I went through and searched for your other posts. Are you booked in 8068?? That's where I'm at, too! :D Did you ever hear from anyone who's stayed in that cabin yet?? If not, I'll let ya know what it's like when I get back from my trip. :)

I am booked in 8068 also. You know i got confused with another cruise i have booked for 2008 also an obstructed cabin and i confused the 2 cruiselines. So there is no list for the cabins on NCL. Sorry :mad: My TA said he could not be sure, but he thought the cabin 8068 might be only partially obstructed. Please don't forget to let me know how obstructed it is when u get back, ok? Jot down my email aaamiss@aol.com I would really appreciate it. Our friends got cabin 8054 which is not obstructed at all. Neither are 8050, 8052,

8550, 8552, 8554. I keep checking the website every day to see if someone drops that cabin so i can get it. You should try to do the same! Who knows someone else may upgrade and then we can still get an unobstructed view!

Archived