Have never cruised w/Celebrity. Thinking of Galaxy Feb. 25. Good choice?

dcsam

We cruised with Princess, HAL, Royal C., Celebrity has a Feb. 25th cruise aboard the Galaxy. The price and itinerary look great. How will this ship compare with our other cruise experiences? I hear good things about Celebrity food. Will all other aspects be similar (i.e., cabins, service)?

Thank you

CAroline

We did 12 night Panama Canal 2 years ago, and she was overdue for a facelift, tile was missing around the pool, the pool deck carpet was worn out. Upholstered chairs in lobby, dining room and cabins were stained. We were quite disappointed in how she looked, but I do have to say the service and the food were terrific. I don't know if they have done anything since then though. If they did then the ship should be fine.

I agree with your assessment of the 11-day (Feb 25 - March 7) Southern Caribbean cruise as being a great deal on what should be great ports. We just booked this cruise last week.

I understand a facelift is still necessary. Just figure this into your equation.

We've been on Galaxy before, and look forward to sailing on her again.

From what I understand, The Galaxy has been being updated. The pool has been fixed, tiles and floors, and recent reviews say that they're seeing carpeting being replaced all the time. I can only compare to RCCL for you. We were on Serenade of the Seas 2 years ago. We enjoyed our trip and the ship was beautiful. But we missed the little touches with Celebrity. And I do think the food and service is better.

DH & I were on Galaxy for an 11 night in February, and we both thought the ship looked great. The food was very good-to-excellent, and the service was outstanding. DH says it was his best cruise yet.

Thanks for the helpful information. We're just going to 'sit' on our choices for a couple days and then decide. Trying to decide between 14 night Golden Princess or 11 night Galaxy. The 11 night is certainly less $ and would be better for my brother (who would need to take off work). Still a tough call.

Caroline

Archived