released cabins

cruise junky joan

I don't want to get my hopes up so: are many cabins released when it is time for final payments to be made? I want to change cabins but there aren't any available currently. anyone with some experience in this area I would appreciate your input.

Of course there are always people who change their minds at final deposit. If you really want to change, you should get your self on a waitlist for the category you want.

Depends on how many cabins have been reserved. We saved a bundle by booking at the 60-day mark. Many rooms became available because TAs blocked cabins for groups and finally released them when they were not sold.

Put yourself on a wait list and also check some of the discount websites for additional info. We had a room reserved with Princess and had the discount

TA release the hold and immediately rebook - saving almost $2200.00 for the whole cabin with 2 passengers. Works best if you are not wait-listed for a specific cabin. You may get what you want at a lower price!!! This plan does not work for cruises that are sold out - depends upon the itinerary. Good Luck.:)

unfortunately we are booked with an online agency that requires the final payment 75 days out. If we make our final payment and then cabins come back on the market I would hope that I could change cabins and get the discounted price but I will have to check with our agency to be sure. I do know that we will get the benefit of any price reductions on cabins but I am not sure about the rest.

Archived