Vacation in Florida

evolutiondob

I'm scheduled to cruise in November out of Miami but I'm looking for a much needed long weekend getaway. Since the airfares to many of caribbean locations are really high right now, I thought I would go to Florida instead. So, I'm looking for a location in Florida (besides Miami) that has a beautiful beach and really great night life. I know Siesta Key is on the list for one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida, but I'm not sure whether it's in a remote location where there is little to do besides be on the beach. So, for you folks that are familiar with Florida, can you please make some recommendation on areas in Florida (I'm open to any location outside of Miami since I will be there in November) that has a great beach, plenty of things to do besides being on the beach during the day AND a thriving night life.

How about Ft. Myers beach? There is a great resort that is right on the beach. Its called Diamondhead resort. All rooms are suites, with a balcony. Its within walking distance to the pier. It has some nightlife.

My son just recently stayed there and got a great package.

Total $705 for 4 nights, breakfast for two each morning, (Sit down with good food). All taxes, and 8 drink coupons per room.

Linda

Florida resident

:) :)

Go to Miami and stay on South Beach. Siesta Key is lovely, but not what you want, nor is Ft. Myers Beach. Key West is a possibility, but if you're looking for clubs, bars, etc., go to South Beach.

I was going to say South Beach myself, except its Miami and you didnt want Miami.

For just the beach I like Pompano Beach and the old style hotels and Im sure there are plenty of local bars to hang out in, but they may be too quiet for you.

Sarasota is one of the most beautiful beach areas.

We used to stay on Treasure Island every Christmas, its got a awesome beach, its up by Tampa, but a beach area. Lots of fabulous memories and of course they will have touritsty kinds of bars, it has lots of tourists in the area.

Key West......beaches aren't the best but the nightlife, oh yea....

What happens in Key West, stays in Key West....;)

Ditto the Key West idea.

Also, Fort Lauderdale is one of my favorite Florida locations.

I've yet to find a "beautiful beach" i Key West. Lots of bars and interesting people, and the water is spectacular. But as far as beaches, nothing measures up.

We go to Marco Island (south of Ft. Myers) a couple of times a year, and they have gorgeous beaches, but no real night life to speak of.

What I would do is stay in Marco Island and at night head over to Ft. Myers for night life. It's only about a 40 minute drive.

Archived