Pride of Aloha - Simple Dining Ratings

Ok...gettin' ready to cruise the PoA in just a couple weeks. I'm looking for a real simple way to gauge each of the major dining places and would like your input....

Please rate the following from 1 to 10 (Ten being the very best...perfect!) for Pride of Aloha places to eat based on all factors (quality of food, service, timeliness, etc.):

1. Palace Main Restaurant
  2. Crossings Main Restaurant
  3. Hukilau Cafe (Buffet)
  4. Royal Palm Bistro (French)
  5. Kahili (Italian)
  6. Pacific Heights (Hawaiian/Asian)
  7. OTHER

Thanks for your thoughts!

1. Palace & Crossings--------8 food & service were ok

2. Kahili---------------------5 food was average & service was very slow. We were seated at 8pm., and not finished until 11ish.

3. We had breakfast most mornings in the buffet. During the cruise, they ran short of low-fat milk & certain brands of dry cereal. However there was plenty of fruit. One major flaw in the buffet was the lack of trays.

We did have dinner in the buffet when we needed to attend a show or other early evening activity. The food and presentation were adequate. I will give the buffet an 8.

Hope that this helps.

Barb

Nope...never have cruised NCL. My maiden voyage begins 8/5 and it's on Pride of Aloha. I have only cruised RCCL...it was awesome.

But I have prepared myself for the worst. And I have warned the family and my wife (it's her 50th Birthday cruise) to forget about the RCCL dining we had on our Carribean cruise. I'm just trying to make the most out of it and will probably pay for the Specialty Restaurants every meal unless someone here tells me otherwise!!!

Nope...never have cruised NCL. My maiden voyage begins 8/5 and it's on Pride of Aloha. I have only cruised RCCL...it was awesome.

But I have prepared myself for the worst. And I have warned the family and my wife (it's her 50th Birthday cruise) to forget about the RCCL dining we had on our Carribean cruise. I'm just trying to make the most out of it and will probably pay for the Specialty Restaurants every meal unless someone here tells me otherwise!!!

Golly, the food at the Main Restaurants isn't that bad. The service may be slower than what you have experience with Royal Caribbean, but then the waiters on NCL ships will be serving soups and salads at one table, and desserts at another, not in the assembly line fashion RC uses where every table is being served the same course.

I would choose just one or two special nights to dine at a Speciality Restaurant, whatever you can afford.

We are going on POA 9/29. I am confused about the specialty restaurants and what they offer. The web site, doesn't tell you much, except that the Pacific offers healthy food. I don't plan on eating healthy sensible mealos on vacation. I want to pig out. I like steaks, chops, Italian and seafood. Which of the specialty restaurants offer these items and are they worth it? Any information you can give will be appreciated.

Thanks

We are going on POA 9/29. I am confused about the specialty restaurants and what they offer. The web site, doesn't tell you much, except that the Pacific offers healthy food. I don't plan on eating healthy sensible mealos on vacation. I want to pig out. I like steaks, chops, Italian and seafood. Which of the specialty restaurants offer these items and are they worth it? Any information you can give will be appreciated.

Thanks

Which POA, Aloha or America?

Here's a lsit of restaurants aboard the Pride of Aloha:

Palace Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Surcharge: No

Reservations Required: No

Crossings Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Dress Code: No shorts or jeans after 6:00 p.m. in the dining rooms.

Royal Palm Bistro

Cuisine: French

Surcharge: Yes, $15 plus tax per person

Reservations Required: Yes

Kahili Restaurant

Cuisine: Italian

Pacific Heights Restaurant

Cuisine: Hawaiian/Asian

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 plus tax per person

Hukilau Cafe

Cuisine: Assorted Buffet, Food Stations, Snacks & Grill

Here's a lsit of restaurants aboard the Pride of Aloha:

Skyline Dining Room (Main Dining Room)

Liberty Dining Room (Main Dining Room)

East Meets West

Cuisine: Japanese, Thai, Chinese (Sushi, Sashimi, Teppanyaki)

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 plus tax per person

Jefferson's Bistro

Cuisine: French

Lazy J's Texas Steakhouse

Cuisine: Upscale Steakhouse

Cadillac Diner

Cuisine: 50's-style diner

Aloha Café

Cuisine: Assorted Buffet, including a kid-sized buffet area

Little Italy

Cuisine: Italian

Key West Bar & Grill

Cuisine: Grill Food

All the Speciality Restaurants, and even the Main Restaurants, offer fish, beef, pork, and lamb products amost every night. The Main Restaurants beef cuts are usually limited to sirlons. If you desire a large Porterhouse, choose Cagney's Steakhouse. If you desire Tenderloin, choose Le Bistro.

Thanks for the info. We're on the Aloha. It looks like the Bistro, Italian and Buffet for us.

We enjoyed the Palm Bisto and Kahili on the Pride of Aloha, our dining times were 1 hour in the Bistro and 1.5 at Kahili, we had a bottle of wine both nights. The filet and onion soup are superb at the Bistro, at Kahili I had the "Osso Bucco", my wife had the braised Lamb Chops, both were great.

We also ate at Duke's on Kauai one night (Excellent).

Duke's - 9

Bistro - 8

Kahili - 7

Electricron, the first listing of restaurants is the Pride of ALOHA, I'm assuming?

Correct, the first list os for the Pride of Aloha,

It's too late to edit my response to rename the second list.

The second list is for the Pride of America.

Archived